Super Mario to face Juve

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Super Mario to face Juve

Postby john@staustell » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:31 am

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 07,00.html

Good. He knows their game and we'll probably get the buggers thrown out anyway for racial abuse!

Roberto Mancini expects Mario Balotelli to be subjected to racist abuse upon his return to Italy, but plans to pick the striker for Manchester City's Europa League tie against Juventus.

Balotelli has been a regular victim of racist abuse and was again targeted by Italian fans when playing for the national team against Romania earlier this month.

City travel to Italy in a fortnight's time to tackle Juventus in their final group game in the Europa League and Mancini is prepared for further abuse.

However, the City manager's desire to secure top spot in the group means Mancini plans to call on Balotelli for the game against Juve.

"Probably. It could be," said Mancini when asked if the abuse could be as bad in Turin as it was during Italy's recent friendly.

"I hope this doesn't happen, but it is possible.

"But no [I will not leave him out]. We must think only of qualifying for the knock-out stages of the Europa League and that means we must beat Salzburg and must win in Turin."

Regarding the abuse Balotelli received while representing Italy, Mancini added: "The world is full of stupid people - here, Romania and in Italy there are a lot of stupid people.

"I think [the environment] is better in England.

"I know him very well and he is a good guy. He's only 20, he's young, sometimes his behaviour is not perfect, but he is a good guy."
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: Super Mario to face Juve

Postby Renato_CTID » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:03 am

He doesn't play for Inter Milan now and so I presume Juve supporters will forget Super Mario's colour of skin! But I'm not really sure yet!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Super Mario to face Juve

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:40 pm

Renato_CTID wrote:He doesn't play for Inter Milan now and so I presume Juve supporters will forget Super Mario's colour of skin! But I'm not really sure yet!

They will still abuse him because they know it winds him up.

Just look at the imbecile, incest ridden Stoke fans. They have no history with Balo whatsoever, yet every time he touched the ball they gave him abuse.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Return to The Maine Football forum