Tuesday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Tuesday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:53 am

Spurs line up Adebayor swoop
SPURS are lining up a sensational swoop for Emmanuel Adebayor.
The North Londoners want the unsettled Manchester City striker on loan in the January transfer window.
They also fancy an option to buy him at the end of the season. And while the sides are bitter rivals for a top-four Premier League spot, City have not ruled out a deal.
A Tottenham insider said: "There is a real chance we could land Manu in the transfer window - although a lot does depend on who pays his wages.
"City expect us to pay the bulk but the big question is how far our board are prepared to go."
Former Arsenal striker Adebayor, 26, earns £160,000 a week - double what anyone else is on at White Hart Lane.
Last year he hit 14 goals but this term has played only eight Premier League games and four of his five goals have been in the Europa League.
And there have been reports of dressing room bust-ups with City boss Roberto Mancini, with the centre-forward unable to command a regular start. Sun

Chelsea and City at war over Luiz
CHELSEA and Manchester City are gearing up for a bidding war over Benfica's Brazilian ace David Luiz.
The Portuguese champions need to raise funds after crashing out of the Champions League and hope to cash in with their £25million-rated star.
Central defender Luiz, 23, who also doubles up at left-back, has suffered a strained relationship with his Benfica bosses.
The star was unhappy after they rejected City's summer bid.
Now Chelsea look set to move in during January's transfer window following the long injury lay-offs to John Terry and Alex.
A Benfica insider said: "Going out of the Champions League affected our financial plans. We want to re-evaluate the situation."Sun

Out-of-favour Manchester City striker Roque Santa Cruz may return to his native Paraguay to secure first-team football again, according to his father and agent."The priority is to stay in Europe," Aproniano Santa Cruz told Paraguayan network ABC Digital. "But a return to Paraguay can still be taken into account. After all, he wishes to remain in contention for the national team."
The Paraguayan World Cup striker endured a difficult first season at City following his £17.5million move from Blackburn Rovers last summer. A calf injury did little to help Santa Cruz, who scored three goals in 19 appearances for Manchester City last season.
A move to Lazio appeared to be on the cards in the summer, but it fell through in the end.
And with the likes of Emmanuel Adebayor , Carlos Tevez and Mario Balotelli ahead of him in the Manchester City pecking order, Santa Cruz is desperate for first-team football again.
It was reported last week that the 29-year-old could even return to Blackburn Rovers , for whom he scored 23 goals in two seasons

Manchester City reportedly bid €6m for Spartak Moskva teen Jano Ananidze
Jano Ananidze Related LinksCompetitionsPremier LeaguePremier League TeamsManchester CitySpartak Moskva PlayersJano Ananidze Manchester City have reportedly made an offer for Spartak Moskva midfielder Jano Ananidze .
According to sources cited by the German 4-4-2 Web site, the Eastlands outfit have bid €6 million for the 18-year-old's services.
Ananidze is a highly talented and versatile attacking midfielder, who can also play as a winger or support striker. The Georgian is considered a wonder-kid in his home land and is deemed one of the brightest talents in the Russian Premier League. Ananidze has a natural playmaking style, which includes pace, technique, dynamic movement, excellent vision and great passing abilities.
When he arrived at Spartak Moskva from Dinamo Kyiv Under 19s , his amazing talent was immediately spotted by Russian coaches, and the Russians offered to nationalise him so that he could play for their national team.
Ananidze refused, saying he was a proud Georgian and wanted to represent his country, and in 2007, when he was only 17 years old, he won his first cap for Georgia.
Ananidze is contracted to Spartak Moskva until 2014.

WAGVENT CALENDAR BOLOX
http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/wagvent-2008

TODAY'S BOLLOX
Bayern Munich keeper Manuel Neuer is Mancester United's top target to replace current number one Edwin Van der Saar - who is expected to retire at the end of the season. Daily Mail

Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson wants to bring Sunderland striker Darren Bent to Anfield. But it may take about £22m to lure the 26-year-old away from the Stadium of Light. caughtoffside.com

Juventus are continuing to show interest in Liverpool forward Ryan Babel while Sevilla are keen on the Reds' Brazilian midfielder Lucas Leiva. Daily Mail

Blackburn's French defender Pascal Chimbonda has been placed on the transfer list, only four months after he was blocked from joining West Ham. Daily Mail

Tottenham midfielder Rafael van der Vaart says his heart belongs to Hamburg and although he is happy at White Hart Lane, he wants to return to the German club again one day. fourfourtwo.com

Meanwhile, Spurs winger David Bentley could become the latest Premier League player to find a home at Turkish club Galatasary. footylatest.com

Aston Villa are ready to rekindle their interest in Tottenham striker Robbie Keane with a £6m bid in January. Daily Mail

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger would need to smash the club's transfer record to recruit Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema. Wenger could act as early as January to sign the £25m-rated 22-year-old. caughtoffside.com

Aston Villa's out-of-favour midfielder Stephen Ireland is set to hold crunch talks over his future at the club. Daily Mirror

West Ham defender Jonathan Spector is set to move to Germany in January, with Cologne the favourites to sign the 24-year-old. United States international Spector has German heritage. talksport.co.uk

Bolton manager Owen Coyle is still confident in-form striker Johan Elmander will stay at the club despite the Swede rejecting a new deal. The Sun

Cardiff City manager Dave Jones thinks he needs five new signings in January to seal the club's promotion to the Premier League. Daily Mirror

Crystal Palace will sell highly rated goalkeeper Julian Speroni and midfielder Neil Danns in the January transfer window if the duo fail to sign the new contracts they have been offered. Daily Mail

League One high-flyers Charlton and Brighton are chasing Luton Town midfielder Andy Drury. The 27-year-old's brace earned the Hatters an FA Cup replay with Charlton on Saturday. talksport.co.uk

Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola will resist any future approach from Chelsea because he wants to work with Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United. Daily Mirror

Liverpool left-back Paul Konchesky admits his performances have not been good enough this season. The 29-year-old took full responsibility for being caught out of position and allowing Aaron Lennon to score the winner for Spurs in Sunday's Premier League game. The Sun

West Ham midfielder Scott Parker will miss Tuesday's Carling Cup quarter-final against Manchester United, having played in Saturday's Premier League victory over Wigan with a chest infection. Daily Mail

The Hammers will hit the Football Association with a £10.5m writ as they seek compensation for former striker Dean Ashton who was forced to retire after injuring his ankle while on England duty. The Sun

Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher will learn on Tuesday if he needs an operation on his dislocated shoulder. Initially ruled out for a month, surgery could mean he is out of action for three months. The Sun

Hollywood film star Morgan Freeman has been drafted in by the USA Bid Committee hoping to help win the right to bring the 2022 World Cup to the United States. mlssoccer.com

Cornish village team Madron FC have been branded the worst team in Britain - by their own manager! The team has lost 11 games on the trot, conceded 227 goals (scoring only twice themselves) and has been on the end of a 55-0 thrashing. The Guardian
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Tuesday's B*ll*x

Postby john@staustell » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:23 am

This Jano Ananidze lad makes Silva look like a giant, going by available online material!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Beeks » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:42 am

I'd love Ade to sign for the spuds...would definitely put the brakes on their league charge
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Scatman » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:45 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:I'd love Ade to sign for the spuds...would definitely put the brakes on their league charge

He'd play out of his skin every weeks as he would know it will piss off the Arsenal fans
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Beeks » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:54 am

Scatman wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:I'd love Ade to sign for the spuds...would definitely put the brakes on their league charge

He'd play out of his skin every weeks as he would know it will piss off the Arsenal fans

Yeah you're probably right thinking about it
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Chinners » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:56 am

Can't see it happening tbh (unless they want to give us Crouch) for the same reasons we wouldn't let Bellamy go there.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:40 am

Chinners wrote:Former Arsenal striker Adebayor, 26, earns £160,000 a week - double what anyone else is on at White Hart Lane.

Nobody at Spurs is on over 80k a week? I'm really surprised by that. If true, it really shows how over-inflated our (apparent) wages are.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:07 pm

Ade is a 1 in 2 striker, if we sell or loan him to a direct rival we don't deserve the CL spot.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby john68 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:12 pm

....and Spurs want to loan Ade, while we pay them for the priviledge of strengthening one of our nearest rivals?...No way.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:41 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Ade is a 1 in 2 striker, if we sell or loan him to a direct rival we don't deserve the CL spot.

Thats a pretty strange deduction.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:57 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Ade is a 1 in 2 striker, if we sell or loan him to a direct rival we don't deserve the CL spot.

i can't speak for Pretty, but i think he means that it would be such an arrogant act to sell or loan Ade to a rival that it would serve us right if it came back to haunt us and we missed the top 4. That is all.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:52 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:

i can't speak for Pretty, but i think he means that it would be such an arrogant act to sell or loan Ade to a rival that it would serve us right if it came back to haunt us and we missed the top 4. That is all.

cheers

Ah, i see now, he's got a pretty good point there. my bad.

Thanks for unravelling it.

There is a minor flaw in the idea, which is that Ade would make a difference for another team. but as he is a bit of a c*nt and seems more motivated by revenge than anything else, it probably would be a dodgy idea.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Return to The Maine Football forum