El Clásico

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: El Clásico

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:58 am

aaron bond wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:
LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:That should shut the Mourinho lickers up for a bit, thats for sure. He certainly got it totally wrong and while credit to Barca, Madrid were shite and knew it, they gave up after the second and just decided to make Barca look good.

I don't really think you can have a go at Jose for one bad result. The man has been consistently successful wherever he has gone. Yes he got it horribly wrong tonight, I'm still shocked at how open one of his teams played the match, but the guy is clearly a winner.

Didn't look much of a winner tonight, never seen him look so fuclin clueless.

What's your beef with Mourinho? You seem to hate him!

Just wondering :-)

Well i respect that he is a character, i like that. He also knows his football, i dont like that, but i suppose you have to respect it in some ways. I dont like anti-football and he shows traits of using and even liking it.
Hate is a strong word, but in this case not strong enough, like the difference between cream cheese and hydrochloric acid.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:08 am

Ted Hughes wrote:The fact is; Barca are a much better side than Real Madrid & Mourinho has only been at Real for a short time. His cynicism is already starting to kick in though. The way they caused fights & disrupted Barca 1st half & almost sneaked themselves back in the game was classic Ferguson.

A word of warning to those taking the piss out of Mourinho though. His Inter side lost to Liverpool in the Chump's Lg in his 1st season. His Inter side was completely outplayed & hung on for a 0-1 at the Nou Camp in his 2nd season. His inferior Inter side had knocked Barca out of the tournament & went on to win the fucking thing. Early days yet.

That is well put.

I'm not sure who Barca fans hate more, Mourinho or C.Ronaldo.. i'm sure that says something.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby CityFanFromRome » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:59 am

Let's all say hello to Mourinho and Tranny with our manita!!! lol. It was awesome to see the whole Nou Camp, and even Piquè, wave their open hand after the fifth goal, the usual way in Spain to cheer a 5-0 win. What a night for Barca, the last time they did this to Madrid was 16 years ago, their fans won't forget this for a long time, nor will the Real fans but for completely opposite reasons.

Ramos is a twat, kicking Messi like that out of frustration then picking fights with two of his Spain companions, Mourinho and Ronaldo are at the perfect club for their ego, and they are perfectly matched together, too bad it didn't work out this time, eh? Barca looked like they were from another planet last night, truly awesome show.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:15 am

Ted Hughes wrote:The fact is; Barca are a much better side than Real Madrid & Mourinho has only been at Real for a short time. His cynicism is already starting to kick in though. The way they caused fights & disrupted Barca 1st half & almost sneaked themselves back in the game was classic Ferguson.

A word of warning to those taking the piss out of Mourinho though. His Inter side lost to Liverpool in the Chump's Lg in his 1st season. His Inter side was completely outplayed & hung on for a 0-1 at the Nou Camp in his 2nd season. His inferior Inter side had knocked Barca out of the tournament & went on to win the fucking thing. Early days yet.

Yeah, it is early days and can't judge Jose too much as he has just taken over and still building his team (much like us really !). The Barca players have been playing together since they were 5 years old ! and its no surprise they can play this amazing, fast passing football which will demolish any team in the world.
Still surprised that Jose didn't use the tactics that worked so well when Inter visited Barca last season. RM looked like a Championship side last night ! It just goes to show that even with names like Ronaldo, Ozil, Khedira and Di Maria in the side, its team work that counts and not names (again much like us at the moment).
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Mike J » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:00 am

astonishing performance. never seen anything like that.

xavi and iniesta were fantastic.
Mike J

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Renato_CTID » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:06 am

It was an historical game! It really looks like Pepp's angels of Paradise pushed definitevely Mourinho and his white puppets into hell!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beeks » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:09 am

This is why we need CL football...would love to play Barca in a competitive match...see how well our defensive set up would fare against the best attacking force in the world
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:12 am

Dubaimancityfan wrote:

Yeah, it is early days and can't judge Jose too much as he has just taken over and still building his team (much like us really !). The Barca players have been playing together since they were 5 years old ! and its no surprise they can play this amazing, fast passing football which will demolish any team in the world.
Still surprised that Jose didn't use the tactics that worked so well when Inter visited Barca last season. RM looked like a Championship side last night ! It just goes to show that even with names like Ronaldo, Ozil, Khedira and Di Maria in the side, its team work that counts and not names (again much like us at the moment).

They also have quite a few players who aren't especially good at defending, including most of their defenders. Mourinho has made them a lot stronger defensively as a team but the majorirty of their players aren't great at it & a derby at the Nou Camp was a step too far.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby ant london » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:27 am

Cracking stuff but my main bone of contention is Carlos Puyol....what a fucking jessie.

See at the end of this, when Ramos scythes down Messi......Puyol runs in like captain marvel and then (I think it's Ramos again) gives him a shove and the big girls blouse does about three rolls on the floor away from the melee like he's been shot (about 1 min 45 into this)

Ubercunt

[youtube]aOQrCFPcZGk&feature=player_embedded#![/youtube]
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:39 pm

ant london wrote:Cracking stuff but my main bone of contention is Carlos Puyol....what a fucking jessie.

See at the end of this, when Ramos scythes down Messi......Puyol runs in like captain marvel and then (I think it's Ramos again) gives him a shove and the big girls blouse does about three rolls on the floor away from the melee like he's been shot (about 1 min 45 into this)

Ubercunt

[youtube]aOQrCFPcZGk&feature=player_embedded#![/youtube]

His hair alone makes me want to punch him.

God I would love us to have David Villa.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Wooders » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:46 pm

avoidconfusion wrote: His hair alone makes me want to punch him.

God I would love us to have David Villa.

and iniesta, and messi and xavi
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:49 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:This is why we need CL football...would love to play Barca in a competitive match...see how well our defensive set up would fare against the best attacking force in the world

Strange as it sounds, the idea of that match-up was one of the reasons i felt that not getting CL this season was better for us in the long run. By next season we ought at least to be a team that knows itself and so at least have a chance of making a go of the CL and possible encounters with Barca, Madrid, Bayern etc etc. If you really get stuck into Barca they fail to function properly and while they are trying to get it together are vunerable at the back. The teams that do well against them just show them no respect and dont stand there watching them pass it around.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:01 pm

that Barca side just knows each other so well...it was one of the most amazing performances. It was a masterclass in football. And to see Mourinho's face and his teams reaction was priceless.

I do believe, however, that spanking them so thunderously could come back to haunt them. Jose will not take it lightly and i can see Madrid being really motivated by this to win the league and beat their rivals.

The result yesterday should make for a really fun CL and La Liga season i believe....fantastic stuff.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:41 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:that Barca side just knows each other so well...it was one of the most amazing performances. It was a masterclass in football. And to see Mourinho's face and his teams reaction was priceless.

I do believe, however, that spanking them so thunderously could come back to haunt them. Jose will not take it lightly and i can see Madrid being really motivated by this to win the league and beat their rivals.

The result yesterday should make for a really fun CL and La Liga season i believe....fantastic stuff.

cheers

Their way of playing.. the basics of making sure there is always at least one option to pass to, is pure teamwork and is a living example of team over individual skill. The irony is they have plenty of individual skill too! The national team has adopted this as well as we all know, if you watch the U20's or U18's or U16's they are all playing the basic same game.
Barca seem to have cornered the market and the way that the academy products just slot in is scary. Madrid buying talent just doesn't compete.
I always make the point in these sorts of discussions though, that Barca still have to buy in the players that make a real difference to their forward creativity... in other words imo their system is a bit robotic and they are at their very best when they have one or two wildcard players that are truly unpredictable. The obvious example was the winning side with Larsson and Ronaldinho. With Larsson possibly being the most effective.. He would just do things and be places that even the Barca players couldn't predict and so gave them a cutting edge that the robotic pass and move just doesn't, however good it is.

In a bit of a wider perspective you can see this with both Arsenal and City, where passing it around and around is kind of impressive but ultimately often results in a kind of stalemate against well drilled defences. My own take is that Barca would often struggle in the English Prem and ultimately that demand of the Prem will benefit City if we adopt more and more the Barca style, as we will need, as we have already seen, a more mixed approach when dominating teams. When we get into CL i think this will pay off, even against the mighty Barca.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Fish111 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:54 pm

I haven't read any of this thread but would just like to say that that was the best game of football i have ever seen in my entire life, i feckin loved it and for once i never turned the TV over for a second all the way through. Excellent to watch.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Dameerto » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:06 pm

Marcelo out by the summer - You heard it here first (and I don't claim to be an ITK) - as for the Mourinho effect: it takes time to weave spells.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Dameerto » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:07 pm

Fish111 wrote:I haven't read any of this thread but would just like to say that that was the best game of football i have ever seen in my entire life, i feckin loved it and for once i never turned the TV over for a second all the way through. Excellent to watch.

Real were completely outplayed - they had no answer even when they knew the question. One of the best games (though one-sided) I have seen.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby blues2win » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:42 pm

I wonder whether Mourinho will be in for Adebayor. Apparently Higuain has a bad injury and he doesn't seem to fancy Benzema as his number one centre forward. I've certainly heard him praise Ade in the past. If not he may well be a competitor for Hulk or Dzeko which would be bad news. One interesting point Mourinho wanted Kolarov and you can see why. His Left Back was shite against Barca. I'm sure he'd love Cashley but he won't get him. Gareth Bale might interest him but he really wants a sounder defender.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Blue in the face » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:01 pm

Where is gods own Kaka?
Blue in the face
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby blues2win » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:10 pm

He's out till the New Year I think. Mourinho seems to be prepared to let him go. Whether he wants to trade him for another attacking midfielder I don't know but even if he came back good as new he wouldn't solve the centre forward problem.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum