El Clásico

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: El Clásico

Postby Moonchesteri » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:58 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Did I miss something; anyone slap Tranny?

Barca players wanted to keep their fingers clean so unfortunately no (or I missed something)
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Lev Bronstein » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:03 pm

Well Jose, how special was that.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby HeyMark » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:09 pm

Wow, breathtaking stuff from barca! The thing I like most about them is their confidence, even when they've 2/3 players round them they're quite happy to take the ball and pass it on.

Also this is the first time a Mourinho team has conceded more than 3 goals
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:11 pm

HeyMark wrote:Wow, breathtaking stuff from barca! The thing I like most about them is their confidence, even when they've 2/3 players round them they're quite happy to take the ball and pass it on.

interesting stat about the goals conceded...Mourinho had eyes like daggers. I didn't feel badly for him.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby david yearsley » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:18 pm

Not much can be more satisfying than seeing that white scum humilliated in such fashion - I almost had a tinge of pity for them tonight , but nah - fucl em!!
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby shawzy » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:29 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
HeyMark wrote:Wow, breathtaking stuff from barca! The thing I like most about them is their confidence, even when they've 2/3 players round them they're quite happy to take the ball and pass it on.

interesting stat about the goals conceded...Mourinho had eyes like daggers. I didn't feel badly for him.

cheers

He looked totally destroyed sat in his seat.While Pep was conducting his Barca team with passion.
I love the way Barca hunt around for the ball like a pack of wolves.No caution.Total belief.They are the best.
shawzy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby john@staustell » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:34 pm

To be honest you can only play as the other team lets you.

Barca didn't win the Champions trophy last year, and I've no doubt if they play City at the moment it will be a dour 0-0 draw and City will be slated.

Wrong tactics (or players) this time Jose!!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby 1950 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:47 pm

Well, Sergio Ramos sure crowned his shittiest-fullback-hall-of-fame worthy performance with that MMA combination in the end.

You gotta feel sorry for Mourinho. How can you succeed at the Camp Nou with fullbacks THIS shite?
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: د.إ

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:59 pm

1950 wrote:Well, Sergio Ramos sure crowned his shittiest-fullback-hall-of-fame worthy performance with that MMA combination in the end.

You gotta feel sorry for Mourinho. How can you succeed at the Camp Nou with fullbacks THIS shite?

Eh? Didn't watch the match but wasn't they Ramos (WC Winner) and Marcelo (Brazillian) who has been ever-present this season?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:15 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
1950 wrote:Well, Sergio Ramos sure crowned his shittiest-fullback-hall-of-fame worthy performance with that MMA combination in the end.

Eh? Didn't watch the match but wasn't they Ramos (WC Winner) and Marcelo (Brazillian) who has been ever-present this season?

They were, undoubtedly, the worst 2 players on the pitch tonight. Absolute shockers the both of them.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:26 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

They were, undoubtedly, the worst 2 players on the pitch tonight. Absolute shockers the both of them.

Was it Barca that made them look bad (usually very good players) and did they complete the 90?

On the same note, Real didn't score so were the forward players gas as well?

As I said, I didn't see it.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:28 pm

Marcelo was hauled off in the second half
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:38 pm

That should shut the Mourinho lickers up for a bit, thats for sure. He certainly got it totally wrong and while credit to Barca, Madrid were shite and knew it, they gave up after the second and just decided to make Barca look good.
Funny how some newly promoted team that dont have the Royal Arrogance of Madrid can come and stick it up Barca's arse and make them look like a bunch of losers chasing the ball, yet Madrid with all their pomp and superhero manager cant even put up a decent 20 mins. Pathetic. Madrid are just like the fuclin rags, and Barca are not much better. I hope Espanyol kick their arses.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:39 pm

Sounds to me like Barca just made Real look rather average, and even more, Jose's tactics. He won't be happy!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:50 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Was it Barca that made them look bad (usually very good players) and did they complete the 90?

On the same note, Real didn't score so were the forward players gas as well?

As I said, I didn't see it.

The majority of Barca goals came from brilliantly angled balls which seemed to catch the whole defence, but particularly the full backs, dozing. The fact that they continued to play such a flawed offside trap was laughable and that Jose didn't order them to change it surprised me a lot.. I suppose in that respect the whole defence was to blame, despite the Sky commentators' inexplicable praise for Pepe.

The Real forward line was redundant. You cannot really evaluate players who haven't played. I'd literally mark them down as 'Not enough time to evaluate' on the ratings though most played 90 mins.

It was interesting to note that at one point in the second half Barca had 8 Spaniards & 9 academy graduates on the pitch and their two foreigners were both full backs. At the same point Real had 4 Spaniards playing 2 of which were their fullbacks and were being ripped to shreds.

Take nothing away from Barca though, absolutely wonderful football.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:54 pm

brite blu sky wrote:That should shut the Mourinho lickers up for a bit, thats for sure. He certainly got it totally wrong and while credit to Barca, Madrid were shite and knew it, they gave up after the second and just decided to make Barca look good.

I don't really think you can have a go at Jose for one bad result. The man has been consistently successful wherever he has gone. Yes he got it horribly wrong tonight, I'm still shocked at how open one of his teams played the match, but the guy is clearly a winner.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:31 am

brite blu sky wrote:That should shut the Mourinho lickers up for a bit, thats for sure. He certainly got it totally wrong and while credit to Barca, Madrid were shite and knew it, they gave up after the second and just decided to make Barca look good.

I don't really think you can have a go at Jose for one bad result. The man has been consistently successful wherever he has gone. Yes he got it horribly wrong tonight, I'm still shocked at how open one of his teams played the match, but the guy is clearly a winner.

Didn't look much of a winner tonight, never seen him look so fuclin clueless.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby aaron bond » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:36 am

brite blu sky wrote:

Didn't look much of a winner tonight, never seen him look so fuclin clueless.

What's your beef with Mourinho? You seem to hate him!

Just wondering :-)
aaron bond

Supporter of: City

Postby dazby » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:40 am

Just watched the highlights. haha Trannie really is at the right club isn't he? Perfect fit. Twats.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:53 am

The fact is; Barca are a much better side than Real Madrid & Mourinho has only been at Real for a short time. His cynicism is already starting to kick in though. The way they caused fights & disrupted Barca 1st half & almost sneaked themselves back in the game was classic Ferguson.

A word of warning to those taking the piss out of Mourinho though. His Inter side lost to Liverpool in the Chump's Lg in his 1st season. His Inter side was completely outplayed & hung on for a 0-1 at the Nou Camp in his 2nd season. His inferior Inter side had knocked Barca out of the tournament & went on to win the fucking thing. Early days yet.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum