Sunday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Sunday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:41 am

I don't regret Real snub: Silva
Manchester City winger David Silva does not regret snubbing an offer to join Real Madrid five months into his big-money move to Eastlands. Manchester City winger David Silva does not regret snubbing an offer to join Real Madrid five months into his big-money move to Eastlands.
The Spain international is happy to have joined City in a £26million deal despite his respect from the interested Madrid club.
"There were options to stay in Spain when it was clear I would leave Valencia in the summer," he said in The Sun.
"I was aware of the interest from Madrid at the time, it's a huge club and they have a great coach now.
"It's true that a lot of Spanish and Portuguese players want to play for a club like Real. It's normally them or Barcelona.
"So it was nice to know there was interest. Of course, they were in the Champions League and that's a competition I'm used to playing in and want to play in again.
"But for me, I wanted to live through a new experience. I wanted to play outside of Spain and England was my choice.
"Also it was City who made the strongest move for me during the World Cup and that meant a lot to me. I was excited by what they told me.
"I knew Roberto Mancini had tried to sign me when he was at Inter.
"That showed what belief he had in me. He really impressed me and I've enjoyed working for him. He's a really good young manager."
Silva would love to see his former Valencia teammate David Villa, who moved to Barcelona last summer, arrive at City.
He added: "David Villa. I just know he's a world-class striker. We have a lot of superstars already but there is always room for one more like him.
"If there was one more to arrive it would be brilliant to sign someone like him - a really huge signing."

Newcastle are reported ready to take Adam Johnson of Man City on loan in January, if they can.
It appears that Manchester City are ready to let four players leave Eastlands on loan in January, and the Sunday Sun is reporting today that Newcastle may move for the classy England winger Adam Johnson.
With the absence of Ben Arfa, who broke his leg in two places in early October, Newcastle have found they have both a lack of class and a lack of wing strength with Joey Barton and Danny Guthrie having to play out on the wings.
Adam Johnson is a local lad, and he may well be delighted to come to Newcastle for a while, because he’d at least get a game, and there’s little question the boy is a top player in the making. Adam was on Newcastle’s books when very young, but then moved to Middlesbrough.
If Newcastle cannot get Johnson they may be able to go after Shaun Wright-Phillips, who may also be made available by Man City, because he never gets a game.
And Man City boss Roberto Mancini has often criticized the Sunderland-born player, and the only playing time he seems to get, when he gets it, is when he comes on as a late substitute.
But that didn’t stop the 23 year-old from scoring a great winner against Newcastle at the Eastlands in October.
But the Sunday Sun report also says that Mike Ashley would have to be persuaded to bring Johnson to Newcastle, so maybe this is based on some conversation with somebody at the club, Chris Hughton possibly, and it cannot be that strong a possibility, if Mike Ashley is not yet on board.
But Adam Johnson is exactly the type of class player Newcastle need to add to their squad, and can you imagine what the side would be like with Ben Arfa on one wing and Adam Johnson on the other?

Man City warns want-away stars subsidising wages is non-starter
Manchester City will not subsidise wages for any want-away players.
City are willing to listen to offers for Emmanuel Adebayor, Roque Santa Cruz, Wayne Bridge, Shay Given and Shaun Wright-Phillips.
But while City’s owners are prepared to take significant losses of transfer fees that add up to a staggering £70million, they are unwilling to pay any proportion of the mega salaries that they currently earn with the Blues.
City are ready to listen to loan offers for any of the five players – and Juventus are already making moves to take Adebayor to Italy.
But the Turin club, who entertain City in the Europa League next month, have been told that they will have to pay all of the £160,000-a-week wages that the £25million striker earns at Eastlands or persuade Adebayor to take a pay-cut.
It is the same scenario with £90,000-a-week Santa Cruz, with the £18million forward wanted by both Mark Hughes’ Fulham and former club Blackburn.
A City insider told the Sunday Mirror: “Any player that wishes to leave and is deemed surplus to requirements by Roberto Mancini can do so – but only if the deal is right for the club.
“There is a willingness to take a hit on transfer fees and even loan deals may be considered, but that means any interested club will either have to match the player’s wage demands or the player will have to take a cut in salary.
“There will not be a policy of the club subsidising wages. In some instances, players who want to leave because they want to play more games will have to decide whether they are willing to take a pay cut.”

Rangers winger Weiss expects to be allowed to face Man City
Rangers winger Vladimir Weiss believes he would be allowed to face Manchester City if they are drawn together in the Europa League.
Of particular interest to Weiss is the fact that Manchester City, the club from whom he is on loan to Rangers, are still in the competition, and could reach the last 32 if they are to finish in the top two of their Europa League group.
“I think I would be allowed to play against City in the Europa League and I would look forward to that if that happened,” the Slovakian said. “I don’t know what the rule is but I think I could play.”

TODAY'S OTHER BOLLOX
Manchester United are weighing up a £12m move for Bayern Munich midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger. Manchester City and Chelsea are also interested in the 26-year-old German international who has 18 months remaining on his contract. Sunday Mirror

Arsenal are ready to make a £10m move for Bolton's 24-year-old centre-half Gary Cahill in January. Mail on Sunday

Liverpool are reportedly the latest in a long list of clubs seeking the services of fallen Sampdoria ace Antonio Cassano. Goal.com

Chelsea have targeted Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola as a possible replacement for Carlo Ancelotti, if the Italian leaves his post at the end of the season. Sunday Telegraph

Chelsea boss Ancelotti insists he won't be making any new signings in January and didn't make a mistake by selling Ricardo Carvalho. Sunday Mirror

West Ham are ready to sell striker Carlton Cole, so they can hang on to midfielder Scott Parker. The People

Aston Villa are reportedly locked in talks with Scottish champions Rangers over a proposed deal for goalkeeper Allan McGregor. Transfer Tavern

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has revealed he resorted to underhand tactics to prevent Spurs signing Glen Johnson - while he was Portsmouth manager. Sunday Mirror

Avram Grant's time as West Ham manager is up, despite Saturday's 3-1 win over Wigan, with Cardiff boss Dave Jones and former England manager Glenn Hoddle in the running to replace the Israeli. The People

Liverpool legend Phil Thompson has touted Redknapp as the ideal man to become the next England manager. talkSPORT

Thompson's view is one shared by current Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson. Sunday Mirror

Fulham boss Mark Hughes is hoping Mohamed Al Fayed's training-ground blast will help kick-start Fulham's season. Sunday Star

Ex-Arsenal midfielder Ray Parlour has claimed Aston Villa could face a relegation battle if they don't start picking up results, after Parlour's former side edged past Villa on Saturday. talkSPORT

Stopping short of agreeing with Parlour, Gerard Houllier did admit that Villa fans were right to boo his side off at half time against Arsenal. talkSPORT

England striker Jay Bothroyd believes referees should have to hold their hands up to mistakes. talkSPORT

Wolves manager McCarthy says he's not worried about the 'numpties' trying to get him the sack at Wolves. Sunday Star

David Dein, the former Arsenal and FA vice-chairman, has boarded 116 flights and travelled 191,369 miles through 27 countries lobbying on behalf of the England 2018 bid. The People
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Sunday's B*ll*x

Postby jono1978 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:55 am

Why would you want to play or possibly score against your parent club silly boy very loyal.
I SAY WHAT I MEEN AND I MEEN WHAT I SAY CITY TILL I DIE
jono1978
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: the mightey blues
My favourite player is: big dave silva.

Postby bawbag » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:26 am

jono1978 wrote:Why would you want to play or possibly score against your parent club silly boy very loyal.

He appears to have turned in to a Loyalist (silly) Billy Boy during his short time at Rangers ;o)
bawbag
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby avoidconfusion » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:31 am

If we let Adam Johnson go out on loan to Newcastle I will despair, I really will.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:35 am

bawbag wrote:
jono1978 wrote:Why would you want to play or possibly score against your parent club silly boy very loyal.

He appears to have turned in to a Loyalist (silly) Billy Boy during his short time at Rangers ;o)

i don't think it's an issue...in the same interview he talks about how he's excited because City don't want to sell him and it makes him feel like he has a future here. I think his interest in playing vs us would be to impress the manager and the team tbh. i think it's naive, but i respect it. I like Vlad...and think he has a lot of potential.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Return to The Maine Football forum