Brisbane Roar

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Brisbane Roar

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:50 am

My beloved 2nd team and former employers set a new record for the A-league today for any of you Aussies or Aussie enthusiasts on here.

14 straight unbeaten and todays 5-1 away win at Central Coast was another joy to watch. If they show the A league back home I suggest some of you take a look at my locals as they are playing some nice footy.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Re: Brisbane Roar

Postby david yearsley » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:39 am

Thought you were talking about the Gabba crowd who clearly put our top order batsmen off their stride last night ;)
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby HeyMark » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:33 pm

We only get the Grand Final over here!

Victory sitting in midtable obscurity, Sydney second from bottom, Roar top! What a strange season!
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:29 pm

HeyMark wrote:We only get the Grand Final over here!

Victory sitting in midtable obscurity, Sydney second from bottom, Roar top! What a strange season!

Mate you are ,issing a masterclass in player abuse as well, Ive taken over the east stand.
Pretty Boy Lee

Postby dazby » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:53 am

The roar are playing quality football. The interesting thing about the Roar story is that the coach was bagged by all and sundry when he was appointed. He'd had some club success, then took on the national junior teams where he was a spectacular failure. He then went and upgraded his badges to become the most qualified Australian manager. He now has the team playing champagne football and they are an absolute pleasure to watch, this was after selling 3 of their most promising youngsters.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby mr_nool » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:34 am

dazby wrote:The roar are playing quality football. The interesting thing about the Roar story is that the coach was bagged by all and sundry when he was appointed. He'd had some club success, then took on the national junior teams where he was a spectacular failure. He then went and upgraded his badges to become the most qualified Australian manager. He now has the team playing champagne football and they are an absolute pleasure to watch, this was after selling 3 of their most promising youngsters.

Those were the lads who went to F Utrecht, weren't they? I don't think they've gotten 90 minutes of first team football between them ...
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:41 am

mr_nool wrote:
dazby wrote:The roar are playing quality football. The interesting thing about the Roar story is that the coach was bagged by all and sundry when he was appointed. He'd had some club success, then took on the national junior teams where he was a spectacular failure. He then went and upgraded his badges to become the most qualified Australian manager. He now has the team playing champagne football and they are an absolute pleasure to watch, this was after selling 3 of their most promising youngsters.

Those were the lads who went to F Utrecht, weren't they? I don't think they've gotten 90 minutes of first team football between them ...

I still think they took the 3 thinking o e would be a star and the other two would be a cheap way to help them bed in. Which one they wanted I can't remember think it was zullo on fire at the time.
Pretty Boy Lee

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:23 am

Surprised that my team Sydney FC is second from bottom !! Didn't they win the league last season ?

Haven't been following A League closely as I have been away from Sydney for almost 15 years now but on my visits there I've caught a couple of matches as my brother has season tickets.
I especially like Sydney FC because they play in light blue !!
BTW who does Fowler play for ?
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:26 am

Dubaimancityfan wrote:

Surprised that my team Sydney FC is second from bottom !! Didn't they win the league last season ?

Haven't been following A League closely as I have been away from Sydney for almost 15 years now but on my visits there I've caught a couple of matches as my brother has season tickets.

Perth Glory.
Pretty Boy Lee

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:41 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Dubaimancityfan wrote:

Perth Glory.

Thanks Mate.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby xavi6 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:59 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

I still think they took the 3 thinking o e would be a star and the other two would be a cheap way to help them bed in. Which one they wanted I can't remember think it was zullo on fire at the time.

Probably Tommy Oar.

Fowler scored another cracker yesterday and the top scorer in the league even though Glory are fuckin shit. Five red cards in their last three games sums up the idiocy in team.

It's been a decent season but the standard is still quite poor overall.

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Zab

Postby HeyMark » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:57 pm

xavi6 wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

Probably Tommy Oar.

Fowler scored another cracker yesterday and the top scorer in the league even though Glory are fuckin shit. Five red cards in their last three games sums up the idiocy in team.

Oar was the one who really impressed me when I was over there, if he develops well at Utrecht he could be a big star. Reminds me a bit like AJ! Sarota was a handy enough little player and Zullo started playing well when they changed his position.
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:57 pm

HeyMark wrote:
xavi6 wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

Probably Tommy Oar.

Oar was the one who really impressed me when I was over there, if he develops well at Utrecht he could be a big star. Reminds me a bit like AJ! Sarota was a handy enough little player and Zullo started playing well when they changed his position.

My mum must have fed me acid as a kid. Not only could I not rmemeber whether it was Zullo or Oar in the pruple patch, I cannot remember ever seeing Sarota play.

Reinaldo still gives me bloody nightmares mind, thank god for Solorzano, even if he goes into a 15 min prayer/trance before coming on.
Pretty Boy Lee

Return to The Maine Football forum