***Official Stoke v City Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Official Stoke v City Match Thread***

Postby Crossie » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:59 pm

1st half was shit,

Bollocking at half time worked

2nd half we were far better, just really screwed up those last 2 mins. Gutting cause that win would have felt glorious, and kept us in touch.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:00 pm

Michael Brookes wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Was it a mistake to take Milner off? And was Micah fucked over for that free-kick?

Decision's that change games.

bollocks.. we were fucking shit. end of.

1st half, backs against the wall. 2nd half, spanked 'em.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby stinky pete » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:00 pm

look on the bright side we usaly get beat at stoke?
stinky pete
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: mcfc
My favourite player is: v kompany

Postby lets all have a disco » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:00 pm

All the cunts on Soccer Satdi got it near as damn it right.

FFS City,that should have bene three points.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Green & Blue » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:00 pm

Really got the hump with Stoke now after the way they have set up against us last season and now this season.

Once again they completely ruined the game as a spectacle everyone behind the ball and praying to get something on the break, hate that approach to a game.

They defend like dogs which has to be commended in a sense but its miserable football, no entertainment value at all.

Great effort shown in the second half from city, very unlucky to not take the 3 points.
Last edited by Green & Blue on Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:03 pm

Green in blue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Brilliant brilliant 2nd half ruined by a CUNT TWAT WANKER!!

Well played Bob, City. Toure just FUCK OFF.

I hope that's heat of the moment mate?

Could've won it but overall, considering Stoke's 1st half dominance, quite a fair result.

WANKERS!

i dont think so. all he had to do was hold the ball. a player of his cailbre should know the importance of holding the ball deep into injury time. that hoof directly resulted in us conceding

It's not in the heat of the moment. He was shit first half & we were lucky to escape it, we'd just had a passing move which was about 40 passes, one minute to go I'm thinking they won't touch the ball again & he hoofs the ball straight to their keeper!!?? Just fuck off Toure you thick twat.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:03 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Green in blue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Brilliant brilliant 2nd half ruined by a CUNT TWAT WANKER!!

Well played Bob, City. Toure just FUCK OFF.

I hope that's heat of the moment mate?

Could've won it but overall, considering Stoke's 1st half dominance, quite a fair result.

WANKERS!

i dont think so. all he had to do was hold the ball. a player of his cailbre should know the importance of holding the ball deep into injury time. that hoof directly resulted in us conceding

It's not in the heat of the moment. He was shit first half & we were lucky to escape it, we'd just had a passing move which was about 40 passes, one minute to go I'm thinking they won't touch the ball again & he hoofs the ball straight to their keeper!!?? Just fuck off Toure you thick twat.

Ah well, they've set a thread up just for you. Enjoy.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Michael Brookes » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:05 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Michael Brookes wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Was it a mistake to take Milner off? And was Micah fucked over for that free-kick?

note quite..

1t half we were bum fucked, 2nd half we had spells of pressure whereas they could/should have scored 2/3. A 20 minute spell of keep ball and a good goal does not and should not cloud what was a very abject performance.
Michael Brookes
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby shawzy » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:06 pm

I was just about to txt the ex missis whos a shitty Stoke fan, then the fuckers scored ;-(
Waste of a 3 points but ill take a point from that bunch of shit,dirty twats.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:07 pm

BlueMoonAwoken wrote:
Sheikhermaker wrote:What was that hoof about for toure before the goal?

cost us 3 points

Actually cost us 2 but that was absolutely pathetic by Kolo. He didn't have to do that. He had time and spce. Could've even passed it back to Joe but that was stupid.
Joe got a touch to it. Very unlucky.
Oh well going into the match, I would've taken a draw and certainly after the 1st half performance but we were so close, it really hurts.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby edge275 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:10 pm

Green & Blue wrote:Really got the hump with Stoke now after the way they have set up against us last season and now this season.

Once again they completely ruined the game as a spectacle everyone behind the ball and praying to get something on the break, hate that approach to a game.

They defend like dogs which has to be commended in a sense but its miserable football, no entertainment value at all.

I agree entertainment wise it is dire, but I don't blame Tony Pulis for doing it. With so much at stake these days and the money involved in the game you've got to do whatever you can to secure the result first. If that means his teams being long ball bruisers then so be it.

I believe Stoke deserved a draw but Toure was an imbecile to kick it their keeper like he did. He's been fantastic this season but that was so stupid. On balance we didn't deserve to win but there will no doubt be times when we'll deserve to win and we won't and it's these games that balance it out. We've just pissed it away.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby david yearsley » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:12 pm

What is it about these fuclin inbreds? 1-0 up injury time and we can´t just keep the ball - I fuclin despair - feels like a defeat - We´d better screw those other inbreds next week
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:13 pm

Strange set of stats to sum up the season so far. Ultimately we are no better than last season; just lucky that the rest of the title challengers have all got less points than they had this time last season.

• 26 points this season
  • 26 points against the same teams last season
  • And also 26 points collected last season from the first 15 games.

More interesting is that last season the manager was sacked when he reached 29 points.
Mancini has 2 games to get 4 points otherwise he could be axed (trajectory and all that) ;-p
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:15 pm

Michael Brookes wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Michael Brookes wrote:

note quite..

1t half we were bum fucked, 2nd half we had spells of pressure whereas they could/should have scored 2/3. A 20 minute spell of keep ball and a good goal does not and should not cloud what was a very abject performance.

I disagree completely. Until the last minute, that's one of the best 2nd half performances I've seen from City for years. Effort, skill, commitment & until Toure; bottle. Coming from an awful 1st half, that was the sort of performance that wins titles.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Michael Brookes » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:15 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Image

Strange set of stats to sum up the season so far. Ultimately we are no better than last season; just lucky that the rest of the title challengers have all got less points than they had this time last season.

• 26 points this season
  • 26 points against the same teams last season
  • And also 26 points collected last season from the first 15 games.

More interesting is that last season the manager was sacked when he reached 29 points.
Mancini has 2 games to get 4 points otherwise he could be axed (trajectory and all that) ;-p

that is so crazy! good work keeping all this up-to-date. I wonder just out of interest how pearce's wonder half-season compares to this too?
Michael Brookes
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby david yearsley » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:19 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Michael Brookes wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Michael Brookes wrote:

note quite..

I disagree completely. Until the last minute, that's one of the best 2nd half performances I've seen from City for years. Effort, skill, commitment & until Toure; bottle. Coming from an awful 1st half, that was the sort of performance that wins titles.

Agree , we fell just short - will that be the story of our season again or will we fuclin learn for once!
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Brad » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:19 pm

Chin up lads its just one of those days,just remember weve had plenty of them, heres too the Europa match on Weds, cant wait!!
Brad
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Dejong

Postby colonel_muck » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:36 pm

i feel i'm one of the more quick to jump on mancini's back, but second half today we played well we had them pinned back for the whole game, deserved our goal (very clever by micah). what i don't like about city is we have a tendancy to try and score perfect goals, which means we don't create many chances even if the ones we do are gilt edged. this is fine if you take them but it's obviously also a big gamble because it means that teams like stoke can get a result with one chance. we need someone who can strike from distance, balotelli has a good shot on him but he looked clueless today. i know it's early days but he didn't seem too keen. not pissed off with this result it's very hard to win down there and we're still fourth :)
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby brite blu sky » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:39 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Michael Brookes wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Michael Brookes wrote:

note quite..

It was, the players will be totally pissed for that result im sure.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Manx Blue » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:54 pm

I think this afternoon is a very good point. Disappointing that we didn't finish it off but there you go.

Lets see whether we're in touch after they've played Chelsea and Arsenal in December. That will give us an idea of things
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum