Ade appeased? "Mark Blue Army style cut and paste :)"

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Ade appeased? "Mark Blue Army style cut and paste :)"

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:48 am

Roberto Mancini has assured Emmanuel Adebayor that he has a role to play in City's campaign despite Jo being preferred to the Togolese striker for the 4-1 victory at Fulham.
Adebayor, who scored a Europa League hat-trick against Lech Poznan, has been linked this week with a possible loan move to Juventus when the transfer window opens in January.

But manager Mancini plans to utilise Adebayor in the Blues' demanding run of ten games to the New Year that starts with tomorrow's testing Premier League trip to Stoke.

He said: "Manu must continue to work hard and when he has a chance to play, he must play well. We must play ten games to the end of the year, it's important every player thinks of their job and when they play, play well.

"No player is happy when he doesn't play, but all the players will play this coming month. It is the same for Adebayor, the same for Jo, the same for Balotelli.

"Manu is available like his friend Jo and like Mario. It is not certain that Mario will be in the starting XI, he could be on the bench. I've spoken with him, but I continue to think that his sending off was not correct."

Mancini will replace suspended full-back Pablo Zabaleta with either Micah Richards or Jerome Boateng and insists that City will be going all out for a second successive away win - for the fans' sake.

He said: "We play for the supporters, we try to win for the supporters. We are happy when they are happy, so this is our target. We always want to win for them. When you play like we did at Fulham, everybody is happy.

"We must always try to play. Stoke play different football to us, but if the pitch is good we can play the same football as at Fulham. Stoke are a good team, a physical team, but we must play our way."
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Re: Ade appeased? "Mark Blue Army style cut and paste :)"

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:51 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote: "Manu is available like his friend Jo

Im glad Adebayor has a friend in Jo
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:55 am

Lees Alter Ego wrote:

He doesn't have a freind in Mee.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beeks » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:59 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Lees Alter Ego wrote:

Badom Tish
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:05 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Lees Alter Ego wrote:

Im disappointed in myself that I didnt think of this when typing it out as I was singing the song in my head. Congrats though on a fantastic friday funny
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:37 pm

After Platt's comments i can only think that Mancini is trying to get something out of Adebayor before summer. Maybe he already knows we cant get anyone decent in the Jan window to replace him. Surely though Bob sees this the same as everyone else, he is at the club so how do you get him to perform like he can.
Personally i think we need him until he can be replaced, but just think he is a waste of space now.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:23 pm

brite blu sky wrote:After Platt's comments i can only think that Mancini is trying to get something out of Adebayor before summer. Maybe he already knows we cant get anyone decent in the Jan window to replace him. Surely though Bob sees this the same as everyone else, he is at the club so how do you get him to perform like he can.
Personally i think we need him until he can be replaced, but just think he is a waste of space now.

Before summer? He is only looking at the time between now and January in that article.

There is nothing in there that convinces me that Adebayor will still be here at the end of the transfer window
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby King Kev » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:57 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Roberto Mancini has assured Emmanuel Adebayor that he has a role to play in City's campaign despite Jo being preferred to the Togolese striker for the 4-1 victory at Fulham.
Adebayor, who scored a Europa League hat-trick against Lech Poznan, has been linked this week with a possible loan move to Juventus when the transfer window opens in January.

But manager Mancini plans to utilise Adebayor in the Blues' demanding run of ten games to the New Year that starts with tomorrow's testing Premier League trip to Stoke.

He said: "Manu must continue to work hard and when he has a chance to play, he must play well. We must play ten games to the end of the year, it's important every player thinks of their job and when they play, play well.

"No player is happy when he doesn't play, but all the players will play this coming month. It is the same for Adebayor, the same for Jo, the same for Balotelli.

"Manu is available like his friend Jo and like Mario. It is not certain that Mario will be in the starting XI, he could be on the bench. I've spoken with him, but I continue to think that his sending off was not correct."

Mancini will replace suspended full-back Pablo Zabaleta with either Micah Richards or Jerome Boateng and insists that City will be going all out for a second successive away win - for the fans' sake.

He said: "We play for the supporters, we try to win for the supporters. We are happy when they are happy, so this is our target. We always want to win for them. When you play like we did at Fulham, everybody is happy.

"We must always try to play. Stoke play different football to us, but if the pitch is good we can play the same football as at Fulham. Stoke are a good team, a physical team, but we must play our way."

Mark ( Blue Army ) isn't going to be happy with you!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:40 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:After Platt's comments i can only think that Mancini is trying to get something out of Adebayor before summer. Maybe he already knows we cant get anyone decent in the Jan window to replace him. Surely though Bob sees this the same as everyone else, he is at the club so how do you get him to perform like he can.

Before summer? He is only looking at the time between now and January in that article.

There is nothing in there that convinces me that Adebayor will still be here at the end of the transfer window

After listening to Mancini on the OS match preview i think you might be right there, he clearly states that there are 10 games before the window and we need all players to perform in that time, THEN see where we are. Ok on the one hand he is trying to get Adebayor to get his arse into gear and it is still open, but also that in Jan the situation will be different.

I can't see Ade responding to that at all, it is difficult to imagine him responding to anything tbh. I get the sense that Mancini is fairly pragmatic, so if Ade got his finger out in training and got a chance and was demon, then Bob might let it run and see if it continues to summer. Bear in mind that RSC is going, so a striker can be brought in that may replace Ade without us having to worry about what he does.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:29 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

After listening to Mancini on the OS match preview i think you might be right there, he clearly states that there are 10 games before the window and we need all players to perform in that time, THEN see where we are. Ok on the one hand he is trying to get Adebayor to get his arse into gear and it is still open, but also that in Jan the situation will be different.

I can't see Ade responding to that at all, it is difficult to imagine him responding to anything tbh. I get the sense that Mancini is fairly pragmatic, so if Ade got his finger out in training and got a chance and was demon, then Bob might let it run and see if it continues to summer. Bear in mind that RSC is going, so a striker can be brought in that may replace Ade without us having to worry about what he does.

That's all well & good provided we can actually get a top quality striker in Jan but what if the clubs we're talking to realise we're desperate & ask for more than even the Sheikh is willing to pay? They don't have to sell now, they can hold out til summer. If we can't get anyone in, we're relying on Adebayor to be a key player & if Tevez gets injured, our season & possibly Bob's future, will depend on him & Balotelli. Crazy but easily predictable situation we have allowed to develop & very bad planning from all concerned.

I recon we need to be nice to Ade until someone actually signs.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:41 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

That's all well & good provided we can actually get a top quality striker in Jan but what if the clubs we're talking to realise we're desperate & ask for more than even the Sheikh is willing to pay? They don't have to sell now, they can hold out til summer. If we can't get anyone in, we're relying on Adebayor to be a key player & if Tevez gets injured, our season & possibly Bob's future, will depend on him & Balotelli. Crazy but easily predictable situation we have allowed to develop & very bad planning from all concerned.

Exactly, i was saying in the summer that it was a gamble to rely on Ade and we should try and get someone. However as i say we will more than likely be looking for someone to replace RSC. That replacement can actually replace Ade without bothering what we do with Adebayor, so in that sense we wont be looking desperate if you get the drift.

With what Bob is saying it could well be that Ade is still in the balance... ie. if he performs and continues to then he could be kept around.
If i was City i would have a plan to attract a half decent English striker in Jan, as well as any other top international striker.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby mr_nool » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:52 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

Exactly, i was saying in the summer that it was a gamble to rely on Ade and we should try and get someone. However as i say we will more than likely be looking for someone to replace RSC. That replacement can actually replace Ade without bothering what we do with Adebayor, so in that sense we wont be looking desperate if you get the drift.

With what Bob is saying it could well be that Ade is still in the balance... ie. if he performs and continues to then he could be kept around.
If i was City i would have a plan to attract a half decent English striker in Jan, as well as any other top international striker.

Kevin Davies would do wonders for us. Imagine Lescott hoofing it up, and Davies heading it down to Tevez.
Nah,I actually agree with what your saying. Two proven stars in January is too much to hope for, and it would also likely mess up the balance of the squad.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:05 pm

Well as Ted says we might not be able to attract a top striker for the right price.. so i'm kind of suggesting that a decent English striker would be both worthwhile on its own merit (replace RSC) but also as a fall back in case no top international can be gotten.
We could probably make do that way, if Ade continues to be a waste of space.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:51 pm

Tut tut Lee :)

[youtube]GXxgaX1gqHM[/youtube]
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:04 pm

What the rags have tended to do, is bring in a 4th striker who's either a veteran or at least a player who's been around a bit with a lot to prove, who'll work like fuck to get in the team but accept whatever role he's given (hate to say it again but that was Bellamy btw) or a younger lesser known player yet to prove himself who desperately wants the chance.

Sometimes those players have raised eyebrows or even been ridiculed but if you look at the crucial goals & fill in jobs the rags got out of Dion Dublin, Teddy Sherringham, Ole Solskjaer, Henrik Larsson, Michael Owen etc (even Cantona was signed from Leeds reserves) & now Hernandez, imo it would be well worth us signing either a less famous or solid experienced front man, even if it brings a few moans. Bollocks to what the Playstation snobs on here say, many managers have won leagues & European Cups with such players & football exists in the real world not on computers.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby gillie » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:42 pm

I reckon we go for Luis Suarez as he would add some bite up front.

I will get my coat.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:49 pm

Larsson was so good for Barca they have never been as good since in terms of mixing up their play.
In a very realistic point of view City have got nothing to lose anyway, as both RSC and Adebayor are practically useless, although Ade could be of use if he wanted.

Anyways i hope City pursue something what is being suggested, there is nothing to lose and it fits with not rocking the boat.

Got any ideas in mind for older still hungry forwards, or younger yet to prove themselves strikers ?
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:28 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:Tut tut Lee :)

[youtube]GXxgaX1gqHM[/youtube]

Sorry pal, Im never 1st to see anything with the bleeding time difference :)
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:32 pm

brite blu sky wrote:Larsson was so good for Barca they have never been as good since in terms of mixing up their play.
In a very realistic point of view City have got nothing to lose anyway, as both RSC and Adebayor are practically useless, although Ade could be of use if he wanted.

Anyways i hope City pursue something what is being suggested, there is nothing to lose and it fits with not rocking the boat.

Got any ideas in mind for older still hungry forwards, or younger yet to prove themselves strikers ?

Now there's the $64,000 question.

I don't know who's about that we could get for a realistic price but I'm bloody sure they're out there somewhere & I bet when we sign a striker for £30 mil, someone else in Spain or Germany will pick up one from nowhere for £5 mil who ends up either being worth as much as a youngster or if a veteran, scores almost as many goals.

Imo the player, whether young or old, should have at least one or more aspect of his game which is exeptional, for instance; a deadly goal sniffer, or a fantastic header of the ball or lightning pace, a free kick specialist, brilliant target man etc etc. It should be a player who, even if you just bring him on for ten minutes, gives you something which sets a definite extra problem to the opposition which makes them change their plan.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:49 pm

Great player imo. Clearly gonna leave sooner rather than later, but it's a mistake on the club's part.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum