Salzburg Offer

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Salzburg Offer

Postby john@staustell » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:18 am

9secondlegend wrote:i cant understand why the rich people are anoyed either.
if you can fork that kind of money for 3 games you are obviously far richer than us paupers paying a fiver .
so either like it or lump it maybe you could pay for your servants to go as well now?
and probably your butler is typing on here for you now.
tch
i knew we would attract these kind of fans some day but i didnt expect it so soon
fucking snobs

LOL
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:31 am

Im going to the game,good times.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby King Kev » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:20 pm

In case anybody is interested..

Dear Lee,

Thank you for your email regarding the ticket pricing for the Salzburg game.

As you are aware, this Wednesday’s game is crucial to our progress in this season’s Europa League competition. As was the case with the Hamburg game in 2009, when a similar price structure was implemented, we need as many fans as possible inside the stadium to lift the atmosphere and get behind the team.

Unfortunately, ticket sales for this game have been much lower than anticipated, despite the importance of the fixture. The £5/£1 offer has been created in response to this, in an effort to secure as high an attendance as possible as the Manager and the team have made clear the difference that the fans’ support can make to them.

To achieve this we will, from time to time, need to develop different offers to increase attendance and this will, inevitably, sometimes involve price discounts. Other offers were already in place for this game, including the ‘3 for 2’ on all three home Europa League Group Stage matches for Seasoncard, Citycard or Accesscard holders, and fans who have purchased tickets on this offer will still have benefitted from a price reduction when compared to the individual match ticket prices.

In line with our ticketing terms and conditions of sale, we are unable to provide a refund for any tickets which are returned within 7 days of the respective fixture date.

I hope this goes some way to explaining the rationale behind this pricing decision and we thank you, as always, for your ongoing support.

Kind regards.

Toby
Supporter Services
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby john@staustell » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:29 pm

King Kev wrote:In case anybody is interested..

Dear Lee,

As you are aware, this Wednesday’s game is crucial to our progress in this season’s Europa League competition. As was the case with the Hamburg game in 2009, when a similar price structure was implemented, we need as many fans as possible inside the stadium to lift the atmosphere and get behind the team.

Unfortunately, ticket sales for this game have been much lower than anticipated, despite the importance of the fixture. The £5/£1 offer has been created in response to this, in an effort to secure as high an attendance as possible as the Manager and the team have made clear the difference that the fans’ support can make to them.

To achieve this we will, from time to time, need to develop different offers to increase attendance and this will, inevitably, sometimes involve price discounts. Other offers were already in place for this game, including the ‘3 for 2’ on all three home Europa League Group Stage matches for Seasoncard, Citycard or Accesscard holders, and fans who have purchased tickets on this offer will still have benefitted from a price reduction when compared to the individual match ticket prices.

In line with our ticketing terms and conditions of sale, we are unable to provide a refund for any tickets which are returned within 7 days of the respective fixture date.I hope this goes some way to explaining the rationale behind this pricing decision and we thank you, as always, for your ongoing support.

Kind regards.

Toby
Supporter Services

To be honest KK I was willing to accept their story until that line above - funny they didn't start this offer on Monday 22nd, but seem to have waited until the Thursday, by sheer coincidence I'm sure. I have more sympathy for you now. And looking at the plan - it doesn't seem to have much effect!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Curlie » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:45 pm

I have the cost of flights and an overnight stay, and as I have been unemployed I could only afford to come over for one of the three games. Sent payment for a £20 ticket the day before the price was reduced to £5.
Really really sickened but have to keep it all in perspective. I could have got a ticket for £5 but paid £20.
Will the kids go without this christmas because of this? No!
Did I lose a multiple of that for the Volcano Derby that I missed last season and the Snow Bound Derby? Yes!
Do I feel shit about the pricing policy for this game? Yes!
Will it take away from my enjoyment of the game on Wed night? Possibly!
Will I get over it? Yes!

The club are trying to ensure a crowd attends the game!
City are coming to get you!
Curlie
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Nige

Postby King Kev » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:23 am

john@staustell wrote:

Dear Lee,

In line with our ticketing terms and conditions of sale, we are unable to provide a refund for any tickets which are returned within 7 days of the respective fixture date.I hope this goes some way to explaining the rationale behind this pricing decision and we thank you, as always, for your ongoing support.

Kind regards.

Toby
Supporter Services

To be honest KK I was willing to accept their story until that line above - funny they didn't start this offer on Monday 22nd, but seem to have waited until the Thursday, by sheer coincidence I'm sure. I have more sympathy for you now. And looking at the plan - it doesn't seem to have much effect!

They are a bunch of bastards mate.

A girl I work with shelled out £75 for 3 tickets, you can get 3 tickets now for £15! What a way to treat your loyal fans.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Manx Blue » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:57 am

craigmcfc wrote:I may yet get my comeuppance anyway as the weather forecast for Tue and Wed in West Yorkshire is not good at all. I'd be gutted if I'd wasted £6.02 ;-)

Get the IMF in and ask for €85 Billion in assistance!
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby craigmcfc » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:07 pm

Manx Blue wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:I may yet get my comeuppance anyway as the weather forecast for Tue and Wed in West Yorkshire is not good at all. I'd be gutted if I'd wasted £6.02 ;-)

Get the IMF in and ask for €85 Billion in assistance!

There's a thought. The forecast for tomorrow afternoon is even worse now, not good
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:18 pm

john@staustell wrote:

I'd assume, though, that as the tickets were bought as a 'package', then the return date mentioned would have been 7 days before the first game- ie, the Juventus match.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby craigmcfc » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:22 am

I'm praying for heavy snow in Manchester as that's what we're getting in West Yorkshire right now. A postponement is my only hope, sorry lads
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby King Kev » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:23 am

craigmcfc wrote:I'm praying for heavy snow in Manchester as that's what we're getting in West Yorkshire right now. A postponement is my only hope, sorry lads

At this moment in time your prayers are being answered.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby 9secondlegend » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:24 am

craigmcfc wrote:I'm praying for heavy snow in Manchester as that's what we're getting in West Yorkshire right now. A postponement is my only hope, sorry lads

set off now you will be all reet
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby craigmcfc » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:27 am

9secondlegend wrote:

Tell my boss that
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby 9secondlegend » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:29 am

craigmcfc wrote:
9secondlegend wrote:

Tell my boss that

OI BOSS if craig sets off now he will be all reet.
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: mcfc

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum