Salzburg Offer

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Salzburg Offer

Postby simon12 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:43 am

edgeley blue wrote:
the_georgian_genius wrote:
King Kev wrote:The club advertised the £50 'deal' [urlnp=http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Tickets-and-Travel/2010/October/Europa-League-ticket-news]HERE[/urlnp]

As you will see, when trying to entice us into buying the tickets for all 3 games at once, they advertised that the Salzburg tickets would be £20, therefore making the £50 deal seem more attractive than it really was. Had they been honest and told us that the tickets for the Salzburg game would actually be £5, rather than £20, then many of us might not have bothered to part with our hard earned cash all in one go.

I can understand that some of you will be feeling pretty smug about getting the tickets for this game cheap but surely you can see that those of us who forked out weeks ago under false pretences are feeling a bit cheated?

I can't understand what you are complaining about king kev. Are you complaining that you were forced to go to one of the games by having to buy all tickets in one go??

You're getting this game for free, everyone else it costs a fiver. I cannot for the life of me see why people are complaining, except those who have already bought Salzburg tickets for £20 who i'm sure will be refunded £15.

GG, are people moaning? we are just pointing out that we forked out £50 for block tickets when it now seems there was no need as it is now the same price had we bought them individually. As I said earlier I couldnt really afford £50 at the time, but knowing I was gonna go to all three thought it was a good deal. I am happy for all who have got them cheap because I want a full(ish) ground, just that the extra £20 I paid at the time was worth a lot more to me than it does now

If we actually had the best fans in the world who bought up all the tickets when they were released and made them like rocking horse shit then the clubs original idea would have been justified. However that didn`t happen so quite rightly they used plan B. I also understand people are suffering financially at the moment so cannot go to every match. Now the club has done this for 1 of the Uefa matches they may be able to go to this match at a reduced cost. The club seems to be damned if they do and don`t. we all want a full ground with lots of noise. The club are trying things out at the moment lets give `em a break. Nobody from where I`m sat has lost out. I bought all 3 and applaud this strategy to fill the stadium after plan A didn`t work and ensuring those of us more fortunate who bought 3 upfront didn`t lose out plus kids for a penny...WOW!
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:23 pm

King Kev wrote:
Lees Alter Ego wrote:Wow thats ridiculous. What makes this fucking daft though is I booked the three euro games at once for a "special price" of 50 quid. Now they reduce them? Do I get the fiver back (or 9.99 in this case ha) or am I a mug for being a loyal supporter and buying early. Joke

An absolute piss take for us who were stupid enough to pay for all 3 games up front.

I have just fired off an email requesting a refund of the difference, I suggest everybody does the same.

just phoned and they say they carnt refund because its less then 7 days to game, so i said what about a full refund and then i will repurchase the tickets, said no, so in future i wait to the end and get tickets / watch on tv
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:38 pm

King Kev wrote:
dazby wrote:
King Kev wrote:
dazby wrote:Because they are pons. It's a national pastime. ;-)

hey, the cricket's on. It's open season.
How dare you call me a pon! I'm not a pon, I'm a pom!

Oh my god, I am sooooo sorry for calling you a pon. I totally withdraw that comment and apologise totally.

Pommy bastard
That's more like it.

Aplogy accepted.

How can you accept that, there wasn't even a capital 'B'!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby craigmcfc » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:42 am

They're now giving 2 tickets away free if you register online to take part in the Santa stroll

OS [urlnp=http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Tickets-and-Travel/2010/November/Enter-the-Santa-Stroll-and-see-Salzburg-for-free]LINK[/urlnp]
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:47 am

I was working away for the Juve game and couldn't afford the Poznan due to circumstances.

As it stands, i won't be straight financially till after xmas now so I was not going to goto the Salzburg game on the basis that it would be cheaper for me to watch it in the pub. Now I can go to the game, so i'm happy.

The club have previous for this in the last UEFA campaign, so to be honest I would never have paid the £50 for the three games as they were never going to sell them out, and then in panic they always slash the prices. Only downside to not buying early is that you don't get your own seat, but thats not the end of the world to a family of 4 who can now go for £12, as opposed to £60/80 in the run upto xmas.

I do feel for the guys who paid the £50, but lesson learned - and city will probably have to learn a lesson because if they keep pulling stunts like this, nobody will buy a ticket for future european games until a couple of days before when city will be forced to drop their prices.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby ant london » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:24 pm

King Kev wrote:
edgeley blue wrote:I want the ground to be as full as possible and I am happy that in todays world of austerity that City have reduced the prices, however when I purchased the 3 game ticket for £50, I was led to believe that by doing so, I was getting a discount of £20 for loyally paying up front. At the time the club announced that it was £30 for Juventus, £20 for Poznan and £20 for Saltzburg, therfore I thought it was a bargain. It now appears for paying up front gives you nothing.

Ex-fuclin-actly!!

The club have tricked us into buying tickets for all three games at once by falsely advertising the prices of the individual games.

I'm pretty sure what they have done is illegal.

Uh ok.....King Kev QC thinks he has them bang to rights

I'm pretty sure you don't know what you're talking about here Lee....plus I really don't see why you think you're hard done by/swizzed. You've got a fiver off rather than 20 quid.

You've been robbed of a 15 pound saving....by just making a saving. Stop bleating
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby bluechester » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:29 pm

cant believe people are complaining about the ticket pricing, FFS what do you wants a full house which is rocking or playing in front of 24,000,
bluechester
Superman's Underpants

Postby 9secondlegend » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:11 pm

2 lads at work paid £25 each last week.(becuase he had to buy a city card he said???) they are highly pissed off.

i got mine for a fiver today though :0)
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby King Kev » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:24 pm

ant london wrote:
King Kev wrote:
edgeley blue wrote:I want the ground to be as full as possible and I am happy that in todays world of austerity that City have reduced the prices, however when I purchased the 3 game ticket for £50, I was led to believe that by doing so, I was getting a discount of £20 for loyally paying up front. At the time the club announced that it was £30 for Juventus, £20 for Poznan and £20 for Saltzburg, therfore I thought it was a bargain. It now appears for paying up front gives you nothing.

Ex-fuclin-actly!!

The club have tricked us into buying tickets for all three games at once by falsely advertising the prices of the individual games.

I'm pretty sure you don't know what you're talking about here Lee....plus I really don't see why you think you're hard done by/swizzed. You've got a fiver off rather than 20 quid.

You've been robbed of a 15 pound saving....by just making a saving. Stop bleating

Sorry Big Man. I should learn to be a proper fan like you. My apologies.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby King Kev » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:31 pm

bluechester wrote:cant believe people are complaining about the ticket pricing, FFS what do you wants a full house which is rocking or playing in front of 24,000,

If they want to fill the ground maybe they should have charged everybody a fiver.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Redna » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:37 pm

It's a major haul considering pricing, enterntaiment and loyal support. I think it should be a shiver every game. On top ;)
CTID!!
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby ant london » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:30 am

King Kev wrote:
ant london wrote:
King Kev wrote:

Ex-fuclin-actly!!

Sorry Big Man. I should learn to be a proper fan like you. My apologies.

Yeah sorry mate, I've never been to watch us. My apologies for having the temerity to move overseas for a couple of years....forgot that meant that I am no longer a "proper fan"......how dare I comment on your moaning as you are indeed a proper fan, massive blue, 15 quid lighter etc etc etc
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:51 am

I'm quite suprised by the outrage here.

For the upset ones if you were to choose between keeping the prices up and being half full or dropping them and loads more joining you is it really a tough call?
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby King Kev » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:56 am

ant london wrote:Yeah sorry mate, I've never been to watch us. My apologies for having the temerity to move overseas for a couple of years....forgot that meant that I am no longer a "proper fan"......how dare I comment on your moaning as you are indeed a proper fan, massive blue, 15 quid lighter etc etc etc

I don't really care where you live tough guy, it just gets my goat the way you stomp around this site telling people what they should and shouldn't be doing and thinking.

Sorry for daring to share an opinion that is different to yours, I will consider myself severely scolded.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ant london » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:00 am

King Kev wrote:I don't really care where you live tough guy, it just gets my goat the way you stomp around this site telling people what they should and shouldn't be doing and thinking.

Sorry for daring to share an opinion that is different to yours, I will consider myself severely scolded.

haha.....I quite like the imagery of me stomping around and shouting so I shall not contest this allegation.

It's ok Lee, we very rarely share the same opinion, there's nothing new to report in that regard. Take care of that goat though
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby simon12 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:16 am

I just feel sorry for the people that are shit at maths and haven`t grasped it yet ;0) I`ve even done one of those face things at the end of the sentence as well.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:48 am

I may yet get my comeuppance anyway as the weather forecast for Tue and Wed in West Yorkshire is not good at all. I'd be gutted if I'd wasted £6.02 ;-)
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby frozen_pea » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:14 pm

I can't understand why people are so annoyed?

I paid £50 for all 3 games, I did this even though I knew I was working the Juventus match and couldn't get it off.
If I couldn't sell it full price (which I was able to do) then I was looking at it as £10 for Juve and £20 each for the two games I would be going to.

The club was advertising 3 for 2 though, buy the Juventus and Poznan tickets for £50 (£30 juve + £20 Poznan) and get the Salzburg game FREE!

If you bought the tickets separately (at the reduced rate) you would pay £30 for Juventus, £20 for Poznan and £5 for Salzburg.
When I was a lad, £55 was always more than £50?

The only people I could empathise with are those who could not go to the Poznan game but paid £50 anyway. If they had bought the tickets separately then they would have only paid out £35 for the two games.

Personally I think it's brilliant. I've got my mrs interested in football (and a City fan) and this means I can take her to her first ever game. She's really excited about it. I can't usually take her because of either the cost, or for league games I'm surrounded by fellow seasonticket holders so wouldn't be able to sit next to her.
She knows some of our songs and will join in, want to get her to more games (will make justifying to her my season ticket costs easier). I think it's a good move by the club to get more people into the stadium.
frozen_pea
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby 9secondlegend » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:33 pm

simon12 wrote:I just feel sorry for the people that are shit at maths and haven`t grasped it yet ;0) I`ve even done one of those face things at the end of the sentence as well.

oi
they are MY face things!!

:0)
9secondlegend

Postby 9secondlegend » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:43 pm

i cant understand why the rich people are anoyed either.
if you can fork that kind of money for 3 games you are obviously far richer than us paupers paying a fiver .
so either like it or lump it maybe you could pay for your servants to go as well now?
and probably your butler is typing on here for you now.
tch
i knew we would attract these kind of fans some day but i didnt expect it so soon
fucking snobs
9secondlegend

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum