Salzburg Offer

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Salzburg Offer

Postby Dameerto » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:21 am

lets all have a disco wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:Im meant to be on business that day but with all the snow etc i doubt it will go ahead as its oop in Newcastle but for a fiver im gonna buy one anyway and our kid can go if i cant.

I get a mental image of you in a shell suit with a scouse accent for some reason (no insult intended)

Im mad confused pal as im a stylish mofo,Our Kid is a common used phrase for your younger sibling in Manchester.

As it goes my tickets cost a tenner.

Im confused too - I think it made sense to me when I posted it, but that was after a bottle of Port...
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby the_georgian_genius » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:27 am

edgeley blue wrote:
the_georgian_genius wrote:
King Kev wrote:The club advertised the £50 'deal' [urlnp=http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Tickets-and-Travel/2010/October/Europa-League-ticket-news]HERE[/urlnp]

As you will see, when trying to entice us into buying the tickets for all 3 games at once, they advertised that the Salzburg tickets would be £20, therefore making the £50 deal seem more attractive than it really was. Had they been honest and told us that the tickets for the Salzburg game would actually be £5, rather than £20, then many of us might not have bothered to part with our hard earned cash all in one go.

I can understand that some of you will be feeling pretty smug about getting the tickets for this game cheap but surely you can see that those of us who forked out weeks ago under false pretences are feeling a bit cheated?

I can't understand what you are complaining about king kev. Are you complaining that you were forced to go to one of the games by having to buy all tickets in one go??

You're getting this game for free, everyone else it costs a fiver. I cannot for the life of me see why people are complaining, except those who have already bought Salzburg tickets for £20 who i'm sure will be refunded £15.

GG, are people moaning? we are just pointing out that we forked out £50 for block tickets when it now seems there was no need as it is now the same price had we bought them individually. As I said earlier I couldnt really afford £50 at the time, but knowing I was gonna go to all three thought it was a good deal. I am happy for all who have got them cheap because I want a full(ish) ground, just that the extra £20 I paid at the time was worth a lot more to me than it does now

Yes they are and i cannot understand why. The 3 game package was buy a ticket for Juventus and Poznan and get Salzburg free. I couldn't afford to pay £50 at that time for the 3 games, i've had to go to the games separately, after Salzburg it would of cost me £55 for the 3 games, those like you who bought the 3 game package have spent £50.

No one is being cheated, no one is losing any money, if the ticket sales weren't so horribly poor then the club wouldn't need to reduce the prices.

Like i said, why are people moaning or complaining?
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby dazby » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:45 am

Because they are pons. It's a national pastime. ;-)

hey, the cricket's on. It's open season.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby edgeley blue » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:51 am

edgeley blue wrote:
King Kev wrote:The club advertised the £50 'deal' [urlnp=http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Tickets-and-Travel/2010/October/Europa-League-ticket-news]HERE[/urlnp]

As you will see, when trying to entice us into buying the tickets for all 3 games at once, they advertised that the Salzburg tickets would be £20, therefore making the £50 deal seem more attractive than it really was. Had they been honest and told us that the tickets for the Salzburg game would actually be £5, rather than £20, then many of us might not have bothered to part with our hard earned cash all in one go.

I can understand that some of you will be feeling pretty smug about getting the tickets for this game cheap but surely you can see that those of us who forked out weeks ago under false pretences are feeling a bit cheated?

I can't understand what you are complaining about king kev. Are you complaining that you were forced to go to one of the games by having to buy all tickets in one go??

You're getting this game for free, everyone else it costs a fiver. I cannot for the life of me see why people are complaining, except those who have already bought Salzburg tickets for £20 who i'm sure will be refunded £15.

GG, are people moaning? we are just pointing out that we forked out £50 for block tickets when it now seems there was no need as it is now the same price had we bought them individually. As I said earlier I couldnt really afford £50 at the time, but knowing I was gonna go to all three thought it was a good deal. I am happy for all who have got them cheap because I want a full(ish) ground, just that the extra £20 I paid at the time was worth a lot more to me than it does now

Yes they are and i cannot understand why. The 3 game package was buy a ticket for Juventus and Poznan and get Salzburg free. I couldn't afford to pay £50 at that time for the 3 games, i've had to go to the games separately, after Salzburg it would of cost me £55 for the 3 games, those like you who bought the 3 game package have spent £50.

No one is being cheated, no one is losing any money, if the ticket sales weren't so horribly poor then the club wouldn't need to reduce the prices.

GG, I dont have any problems with City reducing the prices to fill the ground, nor have any problems with people like yourself buying the tickets individually. What bugs me a little is that when City announced The £50 for three matches they didnt state it was buy 2 get one free. They iirc said it was £30 for Juve, £20 for Poznan and £20 for Salzburg, hence, if you bought the block tickets, you would be saving £20. That doesnt appear to be the case now that they cant sell tickets for Salzburg. Like I said im not arsed, but City should think these things out more carefully in future
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby spiv » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:54 am

dazby wrote:Because they are pons. It's a national pastime. ;-)

Hey shoosh you, wasn't you supposed to wear an England shirt at the gabba?
spiv
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: .

Postby edgeley blue » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:54 am

There is a long way to go in the Ashes dazby and me thinks by the end, it will be you lot who will be doing the moaning

fingers crossed
edgeley blue

Postby bluej » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:56 am

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:
bluej wrote:
LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:
bluej wrote:Had you down as a bit older than that LookMum.

I don't get it : (

I thought it was a fiver for adults? Unless I've got completely confused?

Got 2 adult tix for 2p.

How did you manage that? I thought you had bought kids tickets by mistake or something.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby edgeley blue » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:58 am

spiv wrote:
edgeley blue wrote:What has annoyed me about it is that I paid £50 quid up front, money I didnt have at the time due to being inbetween wives and jobs. Had I just bought the Juventus ticket and waited for special offers it would have only cost me an extra quid. Now, i have got rid of the wife and gained employment so it seems immaterial, but at the time of purchase that extra £20 would have gone a long way. ie I could have had a few pints against Juventus instead of having to walk 4 miles there and 4 miles back bloody sober.

Btw, good luck to all those that have got tickets for a quid or whatever, let fill the ground and roar the blues on, which lets face it is what we all want

I bought my wife a ticket but in hindsight i wish i had of got rid of my wife and got a job instead but hey we need a full crowd to roar us on to the next stage.

Thing is Spiv, in the long run I will save loads having got shut of the evil one added to a new job means extra etra cash to spend on City ( City being the reason we finished, I might as well)
edgeley blue

Postby the_georgian_genius » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:00 am

edgeley blue wrote:
edgeley blue wrote:

GG, I dont have any problems with City reducing the prices to fill the ground, nor have any problems with people like yourself buying the tickets individually. What bugs me a little is that when City announced The £50 for three matches they didnt state it was buy 2 get one free. They iirc said it was £30 for Juve, £20 for Poznan and £20 for Salzburg, hence, if you bought the block tickets, you would be saving £20. That doesnt appear to be the case now that they cant sell tickets for Salzburg. Like I said im not arsed, but City should think these things out more carefully in future

They did say that in the link provided by King Kev though

Supporters who have bought a ticket for Juventus, and have more than 60 loyalty points, can still take advantage of the ‘3 for 2’ offer – buy a ticket for Lech Poznan and get FC Salzburg free.

This link here says that it is a 3 for 2 offer http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Europa-Leagu ... -Wednesday - i.e get the salzburg match free.

This link here says that if you buy the Juventus and Poznan tickets you get the Salzburg game for free - http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/europa-leagu ... -wednesday

It was all there from the start, no one has been short changed, in fact those who bought the package are still better off than those who didn't so like i said, why the complaining and criticism of the club? Would they be happy being sat in a ground with less than 20,000 people there or in a ground packed with 40,000 plus?
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby dazby » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:07 am

spiv wrote:

I didn't win the comp mate. All bets were off after that.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Postby spiv » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:08 am

Fill the ground up and let's get through to the next stage. We can not complain about the cost of tickets.
spiv
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby spiv » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:10 am

dazby wrote:
spiv wrote:

Still,,,,, put your England shirt on :)
spiv
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby dazby » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:25 am

spiv wrote:
dazby wrote:
spiv wrote:

Still,,,,, put your England shirt on :)

As if Id own one.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Postby King Kev » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:48 am

How dare you call me a pon! I'm not a pon, I'm a pom!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby john@staustell » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:54 am

Seems like Michael O'Leary is giving advice to our marketing department.

No-one can complain about the prices previously paid. This new strategy has obviously just been dreamed up, and couldn't have been foreseen. Hopefully it will make for a much better crowd. There is no master plan to snare people and then cut the price to 2p or whatever.

I'm sure the club will refund anyone in total outrage.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby King Kev » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:56 am

john@staustell wrote:Seems like Michael O'Leary is giving advice to our marketing department.

No-one can complain about the prices previously paid. This new strategy has obviously just been dreamed up, and couldn't have been foreseen. Hopefully it will make for a much better crowd. There is no master plan to snare people and then cut the price to 2p or whatever.

I feel equally sure that they won't.

I'll let you know if I get a reply from them.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:58 am

King Kev wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Seems like Michael O'Leary is giving advice to our marketing department.

I feel equally sure that they won't.

I'll let you know if I get a reply from them.

Possibly not mate, but it's all standard marketing practice these days (unfortunately).
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby dazby » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:57 am

King Kev wrote:

Oh my god, I am sooooo sorry for calling you a pon. I totally withdraw that comment and apologise totally.

Pommy bastard.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Postby The Foggy Blue » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:37 am

*Point of information*

Michael O'Leary is actually a City fan. He burns rag shirts.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... e-Sun.html
The Foggy Blue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby King Kev » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:21 am

dazby wrote:
King Kev wrote:

Oh my god, I am sooooo sorry for calling you a pon. I totally withdraw that comment and apologise totally.

Pommy bastard
That's more like it.

Aplogy accepted.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum