Salzburg Offer

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Salzburg Offer

Postby bluej » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:49 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:
bluej wrote:Had you down as a bit older than that LookMum.

I don't get it : (

I thought it was a fiver for adults? Unless I've got completely confused?
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby edgeley blue » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:57 pm

I want the ground to be as full as possible and I am happy that in todays world of austerity that City have reduced the prices, however when I purchased the 3 game ticket for £50, I was led to believe that by doing so, I was getting a discount of £20 for loyally paying up front. At the time the club announced that it was £30 for Juventus, £20 for Poznan and £20 for Saltzburg, therfore I thought it was a bargain. It now appears for paying up front gives you nothing.
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby King Kev » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:11 pm

edgeley blue wrote:I want the ground to be as full as possible and I am happy that in todays world of austerity that City have reduced the prices, however when I purchased the 3 game ticket for £50, I was led to believe that by doing so, I was getting a discount of £20 for loyally paying up front. At the time the club announced that it was £30 for Juventus, £20 for Poznan and £20 for Saltzburg, therfore I thought it was a bargain. It now appears for paying up front gives you nothing.

Ex-fuclin-actly!!

The club have tricked us into buying tickets for all three games at once by falsely advertising the prices of the individual games.

I'm pretty sure what they have done is illegal.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby the_georgian_genius » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:12 pm

King Kev wrote:
edgeley blue wrote:I want the ground to be as full as possible and I am happy that in todays world of austerity that City have reduced the prices, however when I purchased the 3 game ticket for £50, I was led to believe that by doing so, I was getting a discount of £20 for loyally paying up front. At the time the club announced that it was £30 for Juventus, £20 for Poznan and £20 for Saltzburg, therfore I thought it was a bargain. It now appears for paying up front gives you nothing.

Ex-fuclin-actly!!

The club have tricked us into buying tickets for all three games at once by falsely advertising the prices of the individual games.

Why are you complaining? Your not out of pocket, you're still £5 better off than me. I have to pay £5 for this game, you get it for FREE!!!
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:14 pm

King Kev wrote:

Ex-fuclin-actly!!

Surely isnt it the same as a sale?

Its like buying a playstation tv and game for 300 notes before xmas and you thinking what a deal only to find in January they slash another 40 notes off?

I dunno,i hope you get an explanation as it goes im happy and i hope my site visit doesnt go ahead so i can attend.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby 9secondlegend » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:20 pm

does that new city shop on market street sell tickets?
9secondlegend

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:28 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:
King Kev wrote:

Ex-fuclin-actly!!

Its like buying a playstation tv and game for 300 notes before xmas and you thinking what a deal only to find in January they slash another 40 notes off?

I dunno,i hope you get an explanation as it goes im happy and i hope my site visit doesnt go ahead so i can attend.

Not like that because you can play on the playstation as soon as you get it, so you pay a premium for getting it early, with a match everyone gets exactly the same experience an time at the game.

That said I thought Europa tickets were £20 each for the two games but apparently the first one was £30
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby King Kev » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:35 pm

The club advertised the £50 'deal' [urlnp=http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Tickets-and-Travel/2010/October/Europa-League-ticket-news]HERE[/urlnp]

As you will see, when trying to entice us into buying the tickets for all 3 games at once, they advertised that the Salzburg tickets would be £20, therefore making the £50 deal seem more attractive than it really was. Had they been honest and told us that the tickets for the Salzburg game would actually be £5, rather than £20, then many of us might not have bothered to part with our hard earned cash all in one go.

I can understand that some of you will be feeling pretty smug about getting the tickets for this game cheap but surely you can see that those of us who forked out weeks ago under false pretences are feeling a bit cheated?
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:35 pm

Lees Alter Ego wrote:
King Kev wrote:

Ex-fuclin-actly!!

Not like that because you can play on the playstation as soon as you get it, so you pay a premium for getting it early, with a match everyone gets exactly the same experience an time at the game.

That said I thought Europa tickets were £20 each for the two games but apparently the first one was £30

Is it like paying the best stripper first so you get the cream off her tits first?

I didnt get any loyalty points for buying a cheap ticket.
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:38 pm

Lees Alter Ego wrote:
King Kev wrote:

Ex-fuclin-actly!!

Is it like paying the best stripper first so you get the cream off her tits first?

Well the way I originally looked at it, I parted with my money after seeing an advert for the fittest bird ever, only to find out she is actually a tranny and has bummed me in the arse.
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:43 pm

I'd ask for my entrance fee back then pal.

Oh and go and get an STI test.
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:06 pm

King Kev wrote:The club advertised the £50 'deal' [urlnp=http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Tickets-and-Travel/2010/October/Europa-League-ticket-news]HERE[/urlnp]

As you will see, when trying to entice us into buying the tickets for all 3 games at once, they advertised that the Salzburg tickets would be £20, therefore making the £50 deal seem more attractive than it really was. Had they been honest and told us that the tickets for the Salzburg game would actually be £5, rather than £20, then many of us might not have bothered to part with our hard earned cash all in one go.

I can understand that some of you will be feeling pretty smug about getting the tickets for this game cheap but surely you can see that those of us who forked out weeks ago under false pretences are feeling a bit cheated?

I agreed with you in my second post Lee
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby 9secondlegend » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:18 pm

9secondlegend wrote:does that new city shop on market street sell tickets?

anyone?
it says fuck all on the website about buying tickets from the shop?
9secondlegend

Postby King Kev » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:29 pm

9secondlegend wrote:

anyone?

No mate.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:33 pm

bluej wrote:
LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:
bluej wrote:Had you down as a bit older than that LookMum.

I don't get it : (

I thought it was a fiver for adults? Unless I've got completely confused?

Got 2 adult tix for 2p.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby 9secondlegend » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:33 pm

King Kev wrote:
9secondlegend wrote:

anyone?

No mate.

cheers kk :0(
9secondlegend

Postby edgeley blue » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:58 pm

What has annoyed me about it is that I paid £50 quid up front, money I didnt have at the time due to being inbetween wives and jobs. Had I just bought the Juventus ticket and waited for special offers it would have only cost me an extra quid. Now, i have got rid of the wife and gained employment so it seems immaterial, but at the time of purchase that extra £20 would have gone a long way. ie I could have had a few pints against Juventus instead of having to walk 4 miles there and 4 miles back bloody sober.

Btw, good luck to all those that have got tickets for a quid or whatever, let fill the ground and roar the blues on, which lets face it is what we all want
edgeley blue

Postby the_georgian_genius » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:00 am

King Kev wrote:The club advertised the £50 'deal' [urlnp=http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Tickets-and-Travel/2010/October/Europa-League-ticket-news]HERE[/urlnp]

I can't understand what you are complaining about king kev. Are you complaining that you were forced to go to one of the games by having to buy all tickets in one go??

You're getting this game for free, everyone else it costs a fiver. I cannot for the life of me see why people are complaining, except those who have already bought Salzburg tickets for £20 who i'm sure will be refunded £15.
the_georgian_genius

Postby edgeley blue » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:11 am

the_georgian_genius wrote:

I can't understand what you are complaining about king kev. Are you complaining that you were forced to go to one of the games by having to buy all tickets in one go??

You're getting this game for free, everyone else it costs a fiver. I cannot for the life of me see why people are complaining, except those who have already bought Salzburg tickets for £20 who i'm sure will be refunded £15.

GG, are people moaning? we are just pointing out that we forked out £50 for block tickets when it now seems there was no need as it is now the same price had we bought them individually. As I said earlier I couldnt really afford £50 at the time, but knowing I was gonna go to all three thought it was a good deal. I am happy for all who have got them cheap because I want a full(ish) ground, just that the extra £20 I paid at the time was worth a lot more to me than it does now
edgeley blue

Postby spiv » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:16 am

edgeley blue wrote:What has annoyed me about it is that I paid £50 quid up front, money I didnt have at the time due to being inbetween wives and jobs. Had I just bought the Juventus ticket and waited for special offers it would have only cost me an extra quid. Now, i have got rid of the wife and gained employment so it seems immaterial, but at the time of purchase that extra £20 would have gone a long way. ie I could have had a few pints against Juventus instead of having to walk 4 miles there and 4 miles back bloody sober.

Btw, good luck to all those that have got tickets for a quid or whatever, let fill the ground and roar the blues on, which lets face it is what we all want

I bought my wife a ticket but in hindsight i wish i had of got rid of my wife and got a job instead but hey we need a full crowd to roar us on to the next stage.
spiv
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: .

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum