Training Thursday 25/11

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Thursday 25/11

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:01 pm

Missing today were Vinnie,Boyata,MJ and Yaya although Yaya was out doing some running. Included as extra cover was Mee.After the initial teamtalk from Mancini he got the defenders altogether for some positional work and passing across the lines leaving all the others to play a keep ball circle which they did just next to the fence where I was.

Always nice when they get that close as you get a good feel for the banter and team spirit which was very good.Special moment today when Vieira was nutmegged and all the players ripped into him unmercifully.Then when Nigel was deemed to have messed a pass up and should take his place in the middle he refused to go in ( with a big smile though). Vieira organised a quick vote and ushered him into the middle.At the end Zaba was accused of handling the ball but maintained his innocence pleading it was his chest.It was Nigel who mentioned the hand of god!

Mancini had taken the defensive unit to another pitch.They were Micah,Jerome,Kolo,Lescott,Bridge,Mee and Kolarov. Here they started work on defending throw ins and corners.It was a long way from me so I couldnt tell who was doing the throwing but he was very good.A few of the reserves had been brought across to assist with this session as well.

When that finished it was into a 9 or 10 a side game on half a pitch.Micah went in as did Yaya but Boateng stayed out although only to work with a physio. He was very close to me and it was interesting to listen to some of the chat with what he was looking for Jerome to do and how far to extend himself. Clearly he had been out yesterday as well and to me was moving pretty well even if not yet deemed quite ready for the real contact stuff.

Watching Mario today I saw a guy getting involved quite normally. I also saw the drama queen part as well.Once when Lescott bundled him over and another when a ricochet caught him in the face and went down as if shot.To finish off with a few stayed out for some finishing practice.They were AJ,RSC,Vieira,SWP,Milner whilst Zaba stayed out to do some work with one of the physios.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Thursday 25/11

Postby mr_nool » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Cheers Doug! Great report as usual.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Beeks » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:07 pm

Nice report that Doug cheers
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:15 pm

Cheers Doug. Any specific news on Vinnie by any chance?

Oh and if you care to remember and get the chance to ask Yaya how to pronounce his first name.. it might turn out to be the scoop of the year!
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Chinners » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:39 pm

Cheers Doug, great read as always
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Crossie » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:04 pm

I nearly came down today, but its way too cold and I left it too late to find out where to park etc!
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby steveo_88 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:30 pm

Nice to hear the good spirits the team is in and especially some of the core players like De Jong and Zabba who when it gets tough will be expected to take most of the strain. I also believe these two and a few others are developing a genuine affection for the club. Once a Blue, Always a Blue!

Thanks as always Doug.
South Stand Blue

steveo_88
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Jesus Navas
My favourite player is: Eyal Berkovic

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:18 pm

Cheers Doug, quality as usual.

'I couldnt tell who was doing the throwing but he was very good'

Perhaps we've already signed Hulk?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby shortagain » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:00 pm

Best news is looks like either MR or JB will be fit for weekend. Just need Vinnie to recover and could play the same team except MR/JB for Zabba & Mario for Jo, although he will need to be on his best behaviour as I am sure Stoke will target him
shortagain
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby blues2win » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:15 pm

Looks like it might be Boateng at CB and Micah at Right Back (assuming Vinnie doesn't make it). At least we'll have the height to counter Stoke what with Yaya, Balotelli, Boateng, Kolarov and Micah! Unlike Fulham I have no doubt they'll be snapping into the tackle from the first minute to try to counter our superior skill. Our passing and movement will have to be tip top to counter it. I'm hoping for a goal from a set piece: we're due one and with the aerial presence we'll have plus Kolarov's delivery we should be a real threat in the air.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:39 pm

brite blu sky wrote:Cheers Doug. Any specific news on Vinnie by any chance?

Oh and if you care to remember and get the chance to ask Yaya how to pronounce his first name.. it might turn out to be the scoop of the year!

Haha, good one BBS.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:41 pm

Really need Vinnie for Saturday! hope he makes it.

Cheers Doug once again.
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:55 pm

Cheers Doug, top report as always.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Renato_CTID » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:30 pm

Good news except for AJ: why is he treated as a reserve by Mancio?
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dameerto » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:33 pm

Why does my gut tell me Mee might be starting against Salzburg?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Burt » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:23 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Missing today were Vinnie,Boyata,MJ and Yaya although Yaya was out doing some running. Included as extra cover was Mee.After the initial teamtalk from Mancini he got the defenders altogether for some positional work and passing across the lines leaving all the others to play a keep ball circle which they did just next to the fence where I was.

Always nice when they get that close as you get a good feel for the banter and team spirit which was very good.Special moment today when Vieira was nutmegged and all the players ripped into him unmercifully.Then when Nigel was deemed to have messed a pass up and should take his place in the middle he refused to go in ( with a big smile though). Vieira organised a quick vote and ushered him into the middle.At the end Zaba was accused of handling the ball but maintained his innocence pleading it was his chest.It was Nigel who mentioned the hand of god!

Mancini had taken the defensive unit to another pitch.They were Micah,Jerome,Kolo,Lescott,Bridge,Mee and Kolarov. Here they started work on defending throw ins and corners.It was a long way from me so I couldnt tell who was doing the throwing but he was very good.A few of the reserves had been brought across to assist with this session as well.

When that finished it was into a 9 or 10 a side game on half a pitch.Micah went in as did Yaya but Boateng stayed out although only to work with a physio. He was very close to me and it was interesting to listen to some of the chat with what he was looking for Jerome to do and how far to extend himself. Clearly he had been out yesterday as well and to me was moving pretty well even if not yet deemed quite ready for the real contact stuff.

Watching Mario today I saw a guy getting involved quite normally. I also saw the drama queen part as well.Once when Lescott bundled him over and another when a ricochet caught him in the face and went down as if shot.To finish off with a few stayed out for some finishing practice.They were AJ,RSC,Vieira,SWP,Milner whilst Zaba stayed out to do some work with one of the physios.

Crikey Doug. You're in the squad?!!!
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby play like we dream » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:40 pm

Will we play 442 v the Stoke Cloggers? I suspect not. Let King C rip into them, then rest him with SM after 50 mins.
play like we dream
Negouai's Red Cards

My favourite player is: NDJ

Postby play like we dream » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:41 pm

Btw: DH: you are the heart of City.
play like we dream
Negouai's Red Cards

My favourite player is: NDJ

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:45 pm

play like we dream wrote:Will we play 442 v the Stoke Cloggers? I suspect not. Let King C rip into them, then rest him with SM after 50 mins.

Don't see a 4.4.2 in the old fashioned sense but more of what we saw at Fulham with Mario in the team.As long as we play our football ( plus score of course)and deal with the ball lumped into the box , we will win.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:46 pm

Renato_CTID wrote:Good news except for AJ: why is he treated as a reserve by Mancio?

Where do you get that from,I didn't say it did I?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum