Training Wednesday 24/11

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Wednesday 24/11

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:01 pm

Thought I would do an hour today when they switched training to a 2pm start. I got there at 2 on the dot and no signs until SWP/Ade and Lescott came out and started doing some exercises but it was easily another 5 minutes before the rest started to come out.Missing today were Micah, Yaya and Boateng( not good with Zaba suspended for Saturday) and it didn't get better when Vinnie left early with what looked like a thigh problem. It's only Wednesday though so he will probably be ok.

Some very simple exercises were done in groups of 3 before they had a keep ball game in a big square area.Nothing intense at all but really " keep it ticking over" kind of stuff.Bridge didn't play in this but did 1 to 1 work but MJ was fully involved.Then it was Mancini taking an 11 away for some work leaving about 6 just passing time in a keep ball circle.It wasn't the Stoke team as it didn't include Carlos,Mario,Silva or Kolarov.Maybe it was the Europa side with Ade and Jo up top and SWP,Milner,Vieira and AJ in the middle. They didn't seem to do very much apart from just move the ball around the middle of the park with quick crisp passing but never tried to get into the box to create anything. Joe and Shay were in there anyway giving each other something to do.

After that team had finished a few changes were made and it looked closer to the Stoke side even though Zaba was still at full back.Again it was all about passing around the middle just seeming to focus on the player on the ball having passing options at all times.By now I was freezing my nuts off and with a bad cold streaming from most orifices so I went home.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Wednesday 24/11

Postby shortagain » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:28 pm

Don't say your turning into a wimp Doug, ha ha ha.

Informative as always, don't like this players picking up minor injuries in training, never know if they will recover for the next match. Always seems to be the more important players involved, Vinnie today, Carlos a week or so ago, NDJ the other week, they must train as hard as they play, whereas some others stroll about!
shortagain
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby blue wine » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:34 pm

thx doug

whats balo like in training? does he train hard? does he look like he feels at home and happy and who is his best mates?
blue wine
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Postby steveo_88 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:34 pm

I know most of the players will be fine against Stoke but I fear if Silva plays they're going to kick him off the park and do some serious damage to a player who has been on top form recently in both the league and Europe. I just wonder if Mancini will stick with the Fulham outfit or twist and go more defensive, maybe stick some more height up front to battle their defenders' height?

Thanks as always Doug.
South Stand Blue

steveo_88
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Jesus Navas
My favourite player is: Eyal Berkovic

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:47 pm

blue wine wrote:thx doug

whats balo like in training? does he train hard? does he look like he feels at home and happy and who is his best mates?

Quiet is the word I would use.I have seen him acting the goat in the past but mostly he does what he does. As for training hard I wouldnt say anyone is training hard at the moment.It really does seem to be about ticking over because they are fit already. No signs of best mates on the training pitch from what I see.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Blackadder » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:20 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:with a bad cold streaming from most orifices...

A tad too much information there but many thanks once again for the report!
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx
Blackadder
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: CITY
My favourite player is: Agueroooooooooooo

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:29 pm

One of the biggest things I took from your report was that Ade, Shaun and Jolean were out early. Any reply?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:42 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:One of the biggest things I took from your report was that Ade, Shaun and Jolean were out early. Any reply?

haha good spot. They are good mates but I think it might also say a little about their situation. I hope Lescott is seriously up for it though if he has to deputise on saturday.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:01 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:One of the biggest things I took from your report was that Ade, Shaun and Jolean were out early. Any reply?

haha good spot. They are good mates but I think it might also say a little about their situation. I hope Lescott is seriously up for it though if he has to deputise on saturday.

Cab I quote you on that?

Cheers Doug, much appreciated ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mcfc/wire » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:31 pm

With Micah and Boateng struggling and Zab suspended . It looks like Boyata will play at right back on Saturday . Which wont be a bad thing consideing his height .
mcfc/wire
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Tommy Caton

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:36 pm

mcfc/wire wrote:With Micah and Boateng struggling and Zab suspended . It looks like Boyata will play at right back on Saturday . Which wont be a bad thing consideing his height .

It won't be a bad thing except that he is not a full back.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:38 pm

mcfc/wire wrote:With Micah and Boateng struggling and Zab suspended . It looks like Boyata will play at right back on Saturday . Which wont be a bad thing consideing his height .

I'm sure we all would agree with Dedryk taking up the mantle, the only worry is the pace.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:01 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

It won't be a bad thing except that he is not a full back.

Kolo can play at RB. Seen him do it a couple of times for Arse. Considering he likes to go forward, I don't think that's a bad option.
Lescott can fill in but if Vinnie is also absent, which will be a big worry, then its Boyatta in the middle I guess.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby john@staustell » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:11 am

I'm sure DeJong or Milner can play right back. The midfield wont be needed.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Return to The Maine Football forum