vicky kloss on the sunday supplement attack

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

vicky kloss on the sunday supplement attack

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:51 pm

some one on bluemoon sent a e-mail to vicky kloss about the snipping on the sunday supplement about city and our manager and this was her reply. so i thought i paste it on here for every1

I hope you are well. An update for you since my last note.

I have contacted all four journalists on Sunday Supplement this weekend and have received a full and unreserved apology from Rob Beasley on the phone and in writing , as he now recognises that Roberto Mancini wasn’t in the stands on the day in question. He is going to make the correction the next time he is on the show. I have also set up a meeting with Brian Woolnough for next week to discuss all matters relating to the football club, on and off the field as well as the structure here and in Abu Dhabi.

From a legal point of view, (and I consulted with our London based media lawyers on Sunday and again on Monday), technically a breach has taken place. Pragmatic legal advice however is that pursuit of this would be risky and potentially counter productive.

My view is that if the breach is corrected, it is better to influence and explain than to slap on a ban ( not that media organisations can be banned from the matches anyway. Bans can realistically only be applied to press conferences) In our situation, when we haven’t yet achieved on the pitch, it is far better to engage than to create even deeper rooted enemies, who, if they are so willing can step up their criticism to an even higher level.

This is not about mute acceptance of antagonistic and/or erroneous reporting. We have taken legal action on several occasions in the past few months in certain circumstances and will continue to do so when appropriate, however a longer term strategy is required when dealing with these matters as we try to inform slowly but surely, key figures in media, government and the football authorities.

I appreciate your contact. Please feel free to get in touch with the future about this or any other matter.

Best wishes

Vicky Kloss
Chief Communications Officer

it looks like city know whats going on in the media are are responding to it
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Re: vicky kloss on the sunday supplement attack

Postby Beeks » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:52 pm

Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:08 pm

I think this is worth a thread of its own. I didnt read the other thread an with this being from Vicky Kloss its pretty threadworthy I think.

Love the way she said she has pretty much sorted all four of them out an gettin an apology. Wonder if its like the papers where they will just put a tiny line in the credits at the end or whether they have to proper say it clearly to the camera during the show?
MARKMAKAVELI
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:09 pm

oooooooooooooooooooops, and i think it was crossan who did it on bluemoon
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby ashton287 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:24 pm

She sounds very sun tzu in that one. Talking about engaging rather then entrenching there enemies.

I bet her favourite fictional character is gordan gekko.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:36 pm

Well done to Vicky for not letting this go undetected, and JC for chasing it up for us fans. I thing it's the right stance to take.

I E-Mailed a complaint to Sky (Editor) because it got to me that much, but alas, still no reply.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Scatman » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:38 pm

what did they say to force the club to take this action?
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:11 pm

Scatman wrote:what did they say to force the club to take this action?

Not a clue!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby avoidconfusion » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:13 pm

They claimed Mancini was at the COMS in the stands watching City matches when he already knew he will replace Hughes.

They said "Football wants Fulham to win" ahead of the Fulham game.

Said City are "morally bankrupt" and that they "hope the club implodes" .

On top of that various other comments about us lacking class and just throwing money at players etc. etc.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Goataldo » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:11 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:They claimed Mancini was at the COMS in the stands watching City matches when he already knew he will replace Hughes.

On top of that various other comments about us lacking class and just throwing money at players etc. etc.

WOw. That I did not know. 'Morally bankrupt' and 'hope the club implodes' are disgustingly disrespectful, I can think of a couple of clubs they wouldnt even dare think to say that about.

Which hack scum in particular came out with those?
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby john68 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:35 pm

No worries...I'd rather be rich and morally bankrupt thatn poor and morally bankrupt.
The main thing is that these twats can't affect is how we play, the results we achieve, the trophies we bring home or the joy our supporters will feel.
I couldn't give 2 fucks what the rest of the worls thinks or feels about us. WE KNOW WHAT WE FEEL.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Goataldo » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:41 pm

john68 wrote:No worries...I'd rather be rich and morally bankrupt thatn poor and morally bankrupt.
The main thing is that these twats can't affect is how we play, the results we achieve, the trophies we bring home or the joy our supporters will feel.
I couldn't give 2 fucks what the rest of the worls thinks or feels about us. WE KNOW WHAT WE FEEL.

Well said, and true enough, but I'm still interested to know who said what, cos it'll add to the sense of satisfaction when the time comes.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby john68 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:02 am

The media have never liked us and apart from being patronising when we were shite, they never have. So when are we City fans going to learn the lesson. There are some on here who still seem to be suprised as each dollop of dog shit is spread on the pages of the rag tops or spewed out of the TV.
It's about time we learned to live with it, ignored it and comcentrated on the pleasure of watching city climb up the league.

A great win at fulham, some fantastic football and those bastards want to diminish the pleasure...DON'T LET 'EM SPOIL YOUR FUN.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Postby shawzy » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:37 am

Well said John..

Uwes duvet
the video is in this thread
viewtopic.php?f=119&t=35151
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby King Kev » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:17 am

avoidconfusion wrote:They claimed Mancini was at the COMS in the stands watching City matches when he already knew he will replace Hughes.

I was listening to that on my ipod on my way home the other day. I could feel myself getting more and more angry. It took a lot of willpower for me not to shout You Lying Bitter Bunch Of Cunts at the top of my voice on the train.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby john@staustell » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:08 am

She talks a good game old Vicky. Can't see snivelling nasty Beasley apologising without having his arm seriously twisted along the way. Good work girl.

I firmly believe in contacting SKY, and the more that land on someone's desk the better.

The normal SSN line seems to get some sort of result:

u2us@skysports.com

2 or 3 times I've e-mailed obvious errors to them on screen or on Skytext, and they get fixed - not coincidence as the 2 times I can remember they were there for several days until my e-mail. (Once was 'transfer out' errors and the other was Scum fixtures on our new Skytext page recently.)

I'm sure if outraged City fans use this one it wont get read out, but it lands on some editor's desk.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Fish111 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:42 pm

I'm glad that there are people in the world like Vicky who can stay calm and think things through and look at the wider picture in the grand scale of things etc.

Me, I'd just wanna wade into every fuckin journo i ever met and beat them to a pulp until i got an apology out of them........ if they could still talk through bloodied and shattered teeth.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:57 pm

Fish111 wrote:I'm glad that there are people in the world like Vicky who can stay calm and think things through and look at the wider picture in the grand scale of things etc.

Me, I'd just wanna wade into every fuckin journo i ever met and beat them to a pulp until i got an apology out of them........ if they could still talk through bloodied and shattered teeth.

I'd rather gag them & beat them to a pulp, so they can't talk me out of it by apologising..
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby john68 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:28 am

I have never quite worked out why we have always seemed to get a raw deal from the press.
In my memory, it was happening in the 60s and I have a City book publushed in 1969 that tells of the club complaining of unfaur treatment as early as the 30s.

This just seems a ridiculous situation. Like ted, my normally calm persona would have lost it by now...I'd be thumping someone.
john68

Return to The Maine Football forum