Ghanaian 'Messi' to sign?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Ghanaian 'Messi' to sign?

Postby Beeks » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:35 am

http://www.ghanasoccernet.com/2010/11/v ... igy-messi/

Manchester City are likely to sign Ghanaian teenage sensation Frank ‘Messi’ Acheampong after the club’s Arabian owner invited him for trials.

Sheikh Mansour, who owns the English side, personally invited the youngster to his base in Dubai to be observed by Al-Jazeera, the other club he owns.

Acheampong, who plays for Ghanaian side Berekum Chelsea, was handed the instant invite by Sheikh Mansour after watching videos of Messi in action for the Ghana youth side.

The hugely-talented Acheampong will spend two weeks at Al Jazeera before they decide whether to send him directly to Manchester City.

“The owner of Manchester City watched his videos and want to be sure if he’s the one gifted with the footballing skills and technique,” Berekum Chelsea president Emmanuel Kyeremeh told Ghanasoccernet.com

“For now we can’t say what will happen and which club he will be signed to play.”

The youngster has wowed fans with his skills as well as scoring which drew comparison with the Argentine star Messi, who plays for Barcelona.

Getting an English work permit could be difficult for the Ghanaian Messi which means he could be signed and loaned out to a Belgian club.

He could also be signed by Al Jazeera and allowed to stay there until he is eligible for a work permit to play in England.

Italian side Udinese have already offered Messi the opportunity to play for them but Berekum Chelsea are said to be unhappy over the terms of the contract.

Acheampong is a member of Ghana’s Under-20 team which has qualified for next year’s African Youth Championship in Libya.
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Re: Ghanaian 'Messi' to sign?

Postby john@staustell » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:36 pm

I'm sorry but that story strikes me as total utter bollox. The Sheik employs other people to do his chairman-ship and MD-ship, so is he going to do the scouting?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:50 pm

john@staustell wrote:I'm sorry but that story strikes me as total utter bollox. The Sheik employs other people to do his chairman-ship and MD-ship, so is he going to do the scouting?

I dunno... on the one hand at least it shows he is genuinely interested in football to the level of getting involved himself.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Scatman » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:17 pm

Why a Belgian club?
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby ant london » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:34 pm

If he were the Ghanaian Corradi...well....now then I'd sit up and take notice
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Slim » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:36 pm

Scatman wrote:Why a Belgian club?

Don't you play football manager?

Shortest period of time to get an EU passport.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:44 pm

john@staustell wrote:I'm sorry but that story strikes me as total utter bollox. The Sheik employs other people to do his chairman-ship and MD-ship, so is he going to do the scouting?

Mate, if you owned a football club and found youtube video of this super promising youngster, are you trying to say you wouldn't be tempted????
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby ant london » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:09 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

Mate, if you owned a football club and found youtube video of this super promising youngster, are you trying to say you wouldn't be tempted????

if this is true, well you may call me Ali Dia
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Return to The Maine Football forum