Wednesday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Wednesday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:59 am

City will flex transfer muscle to land the Hulk
Manchester City are ready to offer £20million for Porto’s Hulk – to ease the burden on Carlos Tevez.
Hulk, real name Givanildo Vieira de Souza, caught City boss Roberto Mancini’s eye with 16 goals in as many games to help Porto to a commanding 10-point lead in the ­Portuguese league.
Although Wolfsburg striker Edin Dzeko was top of Mancini’s shopping list, City were put off by the £50m fee demanded by the Germans for their star hitman.
That has seen Mancini switch his ­attention to Hulk, who has two Brazil caps, and who earned his nickname for his supposed ­resemblance to actor Lou Ferrigno, who played the Incredible Hulk in the TV series.
Mancini has lost faith in Emmanuel Adebayor, who is desperate to leave City for Juventus, while Brazilian forward Jo is not considered good enough and Roque Santa Cruz has been told he can find a new club.
City sources have indicated there will not be any major transfer activity in January, but a striker is a priority for Mancini, following his admission that they are reliant on Tevez for goals.
And Hulk’s agent, Teodoro Fonseca, is known to be keen on securing a move to the Premier League for his client.

Top 10 things about the Hulk (inc YOUTUBE Clips)
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion ... 35087.html

Bellamy takes aim at Man City training regime
Wales captain Craig Bellamy insists he is close to full fitness after arriving at Cardiff City from Manchester City "a wreck", reports BBC Sport.
Bellamy came to the Cardiff City Stadium on a season's loan in August nursing a knee problem.
But having been restricted to nine league starts so far Bellamy says he is nearly 100% fit.
"I came a wreck if I was being honest. I was very close to surgery," revealed Bellamy.
"The physios at Cardiff have done very well. I've brought in my own people as well."
Speaking at the launch of Cardiff City's new House of Sport coaching academy on Tuesday, Bellamy added: "I'm getting there now. Last week was the first week I have trained for a whole week.
"Because of the swelling I've had after every game I've basically been training one day a week.
"It isn't ideal because my speed and endurance is a vital part of my game. When I'm not training it's very difficult for me to turn round on Saturday.
"So this week I'm getting less reaction which allows me to train and I'm hoping over the next couple of weeks I can get back to the level I'm looking for.
"The best thing about this league is there is so many games. If I can turn it on from December onwards I can end up doing real damage in this league."

Roque Santa Cruz 'to spark bidding war between Everton and Liverpool' ... snigger
Roque Santa Cruz could spark a bidding war between bitter rivals Liverpool and Everton in January as the Manchester City striker attempts to revive his career.
The 29-year-old has only played twice so far this season having fallen out of favour since Roberto Mancini's arrival at Eastlands at the end of last year.
The Paraguayan has continually been linked with a move away from Manchester after expressing concern he might not even make it into City’s 25-man squad at the start of the 2010-11 campaign.
It was reportedly earlier in the summer Santa Cruz had been offered to Wolfsburg, however, his agent has claimed German side are not interested in signing the striker, sparking speculation he could remain in the Premier League.
Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson is said to be keen on bolstering his squad in the January transfer season as he attempts to kick-start his side’s faltering start to the season and Santa Cruz has been rumoured to be a potential target.
David Moyes is also keen on improving his squad in the new year, with Everton attempting to move away from the relegation zone.
Club captain Phil Neville declared earlier in the week Everton need to be more ruthless in front of goal if they are to climb the league table, with Moyes rumoured to be eyeing a number of new strikers including Santa Cruz.

City look at Danish starlet
Teenager considered by Premier League giants
Young Danish striker Viktor Fischer has recently spent time on trial with Manchester City.
The 16-year-old has just returned to native outfit FC Midtjylland after training at the Premier League club, who are managed by Roberto Mancini.
FCM sports director Jens Oergaard confirmed Fischer has been on trial with the Blues, but says they are yet to offer the fledgling star a deal.
Oergaard told Danish tabloid BT: "It's correct that Viktor has been in Manchester for a trial with City, but we have not received an offer from them." SKY Sports understands.

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti has set aside £42m in a bid to sign Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas. Daily Mirror

Espanyol midfielder Javi Marquez says he is flattered by the interest shown by Tottenham Hotspur and Wigan Athletic but wants to stay with the Catalan-based club. Daily Mail

Liverpool are heading the queue to sign Stoke's Ryan Shawcross, with Potters boss Tony Pulis eyeing Uruguay defender Mauricio Victorino as a replacement centre-back. caughtoffside.com

French media have reported that Arsenal have begun negotiations to sign Lorient striker Kevin Gameiro, who has also attracted the interest of north London rivals Tottenham. talkSPORT

Sunderland boss Steve Bruce is weighing up a move for Tottenham midfielder David Bentley but faces competition from Everton. Daily Mail

Everton are monitoring the availability of Porto's Cristian Rodriguez, nicknamed 'the onion' because he has reduced his opponents to tears. The Uruguay midfielder is valued at £7m. talkSPORT

Manchester United are battling it out with Bayern Munich for the signature of Croatian midfielder Dino Spehar, 16, who plays for Osijek. Daily Mail

Midfielder Lewis McGugan's form for Nottingham Forest is attracting attention from Premier League clubs such as Fulham and West Brom. Daily Mail

West Ham boss Avram Grant is fighting to save his job following the departure of his number two Zeljko Petrovic. Daily Mirror

Gordon Taylor, a vice-president of England's 2018 World Cup bid committee, says the three other bids competing to host the finals cannot compare with his country's package. ESPN Soccernet

Tottenham winger Gareth Bale believes Spurs can beat anyone at White Hart Lane ahead of their home Champions League clash against Werder Bremen on Wednesday. Daily Mirror

Chelsea striker Daniel Sturridge believes he can break into Fabio Capello's England squad - but wants boss Carlo Ancelotti to play him in his favoured role up front, rather than on the wing. talkutterSHYTE

Welsh midfielder Aaron Ramsey, 19, has made his Arsenal comeback for the reserves against Wolves after a nine-month lay-off following February's nasty leg break. Manager Arsene Wenger may let him go out on loan for a short period to help improve his fitness. Daily Mirror

Sacked West Ham assistant manager Zeljko Petrovic has labelled the Premier League "shocking", claiming that every team has "just three good players" and that the German Bundesliga is far better. The Sun

Blackpool manager Ian Holloway admits he subbed Stephen Crainey by accident in the 2-1 win against Wolves on Saturday, having wanted to replace Luke Varney with David Carney. "We got it mixed up," he said. "Varney, Carney, Crainey is a tongue-twister." The Sun
Last edited by Chinners on Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Wednesday's B*ll*x

Postby s1ty m » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:05 am

HUlk eh. He's incredible.

Joking aside, You Tube aside, he is fast and strong with a good sprinkle of trickiness. That is the combo that works in our league. I recall seeing the Samaras highlights and knowing that the lad was not going to make it as he was patently slower than a glacier.

Anyone know if Dzeko is fast? If he isn't, we should just walk away.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby blue wine » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:31 am

hulk is good, but is to single-minded
blue wine
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Postby john@staustell » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:55 am

It's touch and go who's been linked with most moves to England - Hulk or Wagner Love.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Crossie » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:55 pm

David Moyes can fuck off if he thinks we're ever going to sell a player to him ever again.

RSC needs to head abroad cause you just know he will come back to sting us
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Slim » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:40 pm

john@staustell wrote:It's touch and go who's been linked with most moves to England - Hulk or Wagner Love.

Wagner?

He's Number Two.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby halnone » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:17 pm

Crossie wrote:David Moyes can fuck off if he thinks we're ever going to sell a player to him ever again.

RSC needs to head abroad cause you just know he will come back to sting us

I thought RSC wanted to go to Lazio. Seems a good fit.
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:00 pm

Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti has set aside £42m in a bid to sign Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas. Daily Mirror

No he fucking hasn't.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:38 pm

What a name, sign him up!

Can we get him a........................Banner???
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby colonel_muck » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:39 pm

did anyone else notice the everton rumour? a guy they call 'onion' because he makes opponents cry? what next!
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dameerto » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:08 pm

s1ty m wrote:HUlk eh. He's incredible.

Joking aside, You Tube aside, he is fast and strong with a good sprinkle of trickiness. That is the combo that works in our league. I recall seeing the Samaras highlights and knowing that the lad was not going to make it as he was patently slower than a glacier.

If we nick him from Porto their fans will be green with envy.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:41 am

Dameerto wrote:
s1ty m wrote:HUlk eh. He's incredible.

If we nick him from Porto their fans will be green with envy.

Hulk has definitely got talent but he seems to be about as intelligent on the pitch as the film/comic version & is one grredy bastard. Unless we could solve that very quickly he'd ruin our passing game & Tevez would go spare. I'd be very surprised if Bob wanted him, because of that.

Dzeko isn't fast btw no. Good in the air though. Reminds me of former Arsenal striker Alan Smith. I would prefer someone with lightning pace myself but we'll see. Goalscorers usually score goals one way or another so perhaps he will if he comes.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Return to The Maine Football forum