Ade again?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ade again?

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:10 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Do people really blame Ade for wanting out?

If you were given a quota/budget/KPI or whatever at work and hit it + then got sacked hoe would you feel?

He has had his chance though, or chances even. If he performed how we know he can he would be in there regardless of any Dzeko or Balotelli.. purely on ability and commitment.

I would say can you blame any manager for wanting to get rid of him?

I like Adebayor, but it is more for his promise rather than his delivery, which over the time we have had him has been poor in the end. If he had really wanted to he could have carried on playing blinders in training and forced Mancini to include him. When he didn't get what he thought was his desserts he gave up and started moaning again.

The issue i think is that when a player has in mind that he just needs to turn up and get rewarded for that then it sets the stage for problems and basically the player cannot be trusted.

There are a few players that seem to adopt this attitude and cant see past their own noses.. Berbaflop springs to mind, as does Robson and the like.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Swales4ever » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:12 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Italy and rules don't really go together, they see them more as guidelines.

They'll sign Ade and announce he's got an Italian grand-father. ;-)

Clearly You have a proper knowledge of my very sad and poor Country, MRM Mate.
But still fail to catch that the main Juve's competitor is currently holding the "rules' machine", not for so long hopefully... :-)
It appears to be difficult he will allow them to show that grand-dad...

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:14 pm

brite blu sky wrote:

If you were given a quota/budget/KPI or whatever at work and hit it + then got sacked hoe would you feel?

He has had his chance though, or chances even. If he performed how we know he can he would be in there regardless of any Dzeko or Balotelli.. purely on ability and commitment.

I like Adebayor, but it is more for his promise rather than his delivery, which over the time we have had him has been poor in the end. If he had really wanted to he could have carried on playing blinders in training and forced Mancini to include him. When he didn't get what he thought was his desserts he gave up and started moaning again.

The issue i think is that when a player has in mind that he just needs to turn up and get rewarded for that then it sets the stage for problems and basically the player cannot be trusted.

There are a few players that seem to adopt this attitude and cant see past their own noses.. Berbaflop springs to mind, as does Robson and the like.

Imo he's pulled his tripe out in recent games, just as asked, scored goals, then been dropped. If that happens & you still can't get in the team, you know for sure the manager doesn't rate you. He should just keep his gob shut until a move happens though. No need to tell anyone about it mid season.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:27 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:

Imo he's pulled his tripe out in recent games, just as asked, scored goals, then been dropped. If that happens & you still can't get in the team, you know for sure the manager doesn't rate you. He should just keep his gob shut until a move happens though. No need to tell anyone about it mid season.

Gob shut yes.
my own take on the being dropped as you put it, was that he never got into the Prem team at that point. I think we are talking about the Poznan game there aren't we? I felt that he was expecting to get the start for Arsenal because of that, he had been working hard etc etc, but it is a bit fucked up if he can only do that when motivated by one game.. his old club. mancini imo was very right to keep him out of that and then see what his response was.
The rest is history.. he threw the toys out again.
Not good enough and a big fail.

Some might say that was unfair by Mancini, but i say it smoked Adebayor out and showed him for what he is.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:29 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Italy and rules don't really go together, they see them more as guidelines.

They'll sign Ade and announce he's got an Italian grand-father. ;-)

Didn't Togo once come under German or French rule for a while so could have a great grandad called Pierre Le Bayor or Hermand von Emmanuelle.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beeks » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:47 pm

CITY DENY ADEBAYOR DEAL

Manchester City have rejected suggestions a deal has already been done for Emmanuel Adebayor to join Juventus on loan in January - but it does seem the striker's days at Eastlands are coming to an end.

The £25million capture from Arsenal last year has failed to make a significant impact on Roberto Mancini's team, with the Italian preferring to use Carlos Tevez as a lone striker, flanked by two widemen.

Adebayor is known to be frustrated at his lack of opportunities and quotes have surfaced indicating he is already sure of leaving the Blues when the transfer window opens.

"Roberto Mancini, I do not know what I did, but he never plays me," Adebayor is reported to have told Belgian magazine Sport/Foot.

"I am going to have a change of scene during the transfer window.

"And I can already tell you that City have reached an agreement with Juventus for a loan. I therefore expect to be able to leave in December."

City are not in a position to know whether the comments are genuine.

However, they have refuted Adebayor's claim that he is on his way to Turin.

What cannot be denied is that the 26-year-old is not impressed by making just 12 appearances in all competitions this term, and starting only six of those matches.

Even a Europa League hat-trick against Lech Poznan has failed to earn him a regular spot in Mancini's plans and it is now almost certain that should City receive either a reasonable bid - or a loan offer that would benefit all parties - Adebayor will be on his way.
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:04 pm

Well thats good in the sense that we may actually sell him then and not just loan him out.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby bluej » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:50 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:I wish the club would handle transfers and players they want replacing better.

Rather than telling them they are no longer required weeks or months before the window opens it would make more sense to keep everyone happy thinking they are part of the squad and then tell them in January that they are no longer required.

At least from August-January or from February-May you'd get some motivation from them and some decent performances.

To be fair, I think Jo starting ahead of him on Sunday is kind of a big clue even to the average footballer.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:03 am

[youtube]RHzg6tepC0I[/youtube]

So off you go then Ade
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:14 am

Cant hear that in work. What exactly does he say?
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:17 am

Lees Alter Ego wrote:Cant hear that in work. What exactly does he say?

see the title and the caption - an excellent precis if I say so myself
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:48 pm

Well thats about it then i guess, good luck to Ade, he will need it if he actually going to ever prove his worth.
I virtually never slag players off and wont now apart form to say that i really think he let himself and City down this season, he had a golden opportunity to fight himself back into the recogning and do a much needed job for us at the same time.
While maybe not at the personal level, at the professional level im sure a lot of the squad will be glad to see the back of him.

I just hope we sell him and not loan him.

That leaves two clear slots for new players in place of RSC and Ade. This is a perfect opportunity for a EDS player to step in.. unfortunately it looks like no-one is actually quite ready for that.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby john@staustell » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:49 pm

The next media twat that says Mancini cant handle all these high-profile players is going to get a slap. He's done it for years and treats everyone like schoolboys really, much like Whiskey-nose does, and it's the thing to do if you're big enough. Although Taggart doesn't have this soft, fluffy front, he's a cunt from start to finish.

Play ball with Bobby and his methods and toe the line, otherwise you're out. Ruthless as they come.

No dig at previous managers but you could tell Hughes was pussy-footing around Robinho, just as Keegan used to put up with all sort of shit from Anelka. All City managers have just about since Joe Mercer.

Having unlimited resources helps of course, but somehow I think he's always been the same character and would be wherever he is.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:02 pm

john@staustell wrote:The next media twat that says Mancini cant handle all these high-profile players is going to get a slap. He's done it for years and treats everyone like schoolboys really, much like Whiskey-nose does, and it's the thing to do if you're big enough. Although Taggart doesn't have this soft, fluffy front, he's a cunt from start to finish.

Play ball with Bobby and his methods and toe the line, otherwise you're out. Ruthless as they come.

No dig at previous managers but you could tell Hughes was pussy-footing around Robinho, just as Keegan used to put up with all sort of shit from Anelka. All City managers have just about since Joe Mercer.

Having unlimited resources helps of course, but somehow I think he's always been the same character and would be wherever he is.

That is correct and it is about time we had someone who has this kind of backbone. As you say there is a fine line which resources help in the managers favour.. nothing worse than a club that is desperate for money and a player that wont listen or perform, the manager is a bit stuck trying to get the best out of them. Hughes did get rid of a few, but then Mancini is just like a block of cold steel.
I mentioned in a thread about his public statements on players after someone was slagging that off. But imo it is a good tactic as he makes very clear and public what he is expecting and it will be exactly what he has told the player to his face anyway.. so the tactic confirms in a very solid way where the player stands and everyone knows it.

Take AJ, he has clearly stated publically that he needs to improve his decision making and a dribble and cross to no-one is not good enough. So AJ may well struggle with getting to grips with that, maybe for a while, but if he gets it and masters that decision making then he will be on a different level completely, more importantly he will be much better for the team.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum