Rosler returns

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Rosler returns

Postby King Kev » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:48 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
john68 wrote:I was sure Uwe had played in front of the standing Kippax. Or have I misunderstood your post mate

No that's absolutely definitely what he said because he was talking about loving the atmosphere at Maine Road & I was saying how it was at it's best when the Kippax was standing. Perhaps he meant he wished he'd played for longer in front of it?

Uwe signed for us in March 1994. The final game in front of the old Kippax was 30 April 1994.

He definately played, and scored, in front of the old Kippax. He made his home debut against Wimbledon on 12 March 1994. His first home goal was against Villa on 02 April 1994.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: Rosler returns

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:01 am

King Kev wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
john68 wrote:I was sure Uwe had played in front of the standing Kippax. Or have I misunderstood your post mate

No that's absolutely definitely what he said because he was talking about loving the atmosphere at Maine Road & I was saying how it was at it's best when the Kippax was standing. Perhaps he meant he wished he'd played for longer in front of it?

The final game in front of the old Kippax was 30 April 1994, Uwe signed for us in March 1994.

He definately played, and scored, in front of the old Kippax. he made his home debut against Wimbledon on 12 March 1994. His first home goal was against Villa on April 02 1994

Yeah just looked up Uwe's starting date. He must have meant that he wished he'd played his City career in front of it rather than just a few games. He also said that when he played that trial game he came off the pitch raving to Horton & Co about a player who kept feeding him. I'm not sure but I think that player was Alfonse Gojnendyk! I was at the reserve game but my head's shedded it. Anyone know, was Alfonse playing & was he on trial or had we signed him?

The best one he mentioned was he said Lee shut him & Ball in a room together for an hour to try & sort their differences & they just sat there & said absolutely fuck all, then left when he opened the door!
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum