Rosler returns

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Rosler returns

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:03 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:Get him on the coaching staff ASAP.
Get rid of Pratt and Uwe IN.

City through and through and most probabaly my favourite ever City player.

FOOOKIN THIS!

Man is a star.

Son's named Colin and Tony as well. Get him job and get rid of that tool Platt and Kidd as well for all I care. Future City manager. FACT.

Future city manager in what way? In the way that Scholes, Giggs and Neville are future United managers? In the way that John Terry and Steven Gerrard are future Chelsea and Liverpool managers? I'd love Rosler to be City manager but because he is the best man for the job not because he loves the club and is a hero to thousands.

Also the comment about it's a fucking embarrasement that he isn't already signed to coaching role by the Club is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy OTT but fits in well with internet football message boards.

Realistically what should he be looking for in England? Is a club like Stockport County/Macclesfield in League Two beneath him with his experience and is Preston/Barnsley ect too ahead of him at the moment with his experience? Should he be looking at League One like Dickov to get his foot in the door? I hope he gets a north west club as i would go down and support them. Love uwe!!

Decent chance one of those 3 or O.G.S. will be Utd manager one day actually so Uwe is considerably ahead of them as O.G.S. is only just starting on the managerial trail. If we assume that Bob & Marwood are laying foundations for the future of the club, Uwe could start working for the academy, learn from Bob, learn how the club functions & what's required then take over from Bob in the (hopefully distant) future like Guardiola has done at Barca.

I don't think anyone is suggesting he takes over from your husband in the near future so you can relax..
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Goataldo » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:45 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I met him at the Gillingham v Man city match and had a good conversation with him.....he really is a top bloke and a real true blue.......best goal was [highlight]against the scum when he chipped over Red nose.[/highlight]
Probably one of the very very few players that when they kiss the badge they truly do love it.

We lost 2-1 didn't we, after one of the most ridiculous pens ever awarded? I remember That Nice Mr Keane storming over to the ref to complain about the foul, til he realised that a penno had been inexplicably awarded.

Many many pies hit the scum exec box windows.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Dameerto » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:55 pm

I took it for granted he was coming here to a job already lined up (very sad to hear that isn't the case) - if we don't sign him up we're missing out on a huge potential opportunity - we shouldn't JUST be focussing on the next potential superstar player, we need to look for superstars in ALL positions/roles.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:58 pm

uwes_skyblue_duvet wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:I met him at the Gillingham v Man city match and had a good conversation with him.....he really is a top bloke and a real true blue.......best goal was [highlight]against the scum when he chipped over Red nose.[/highlight]
Probably one of the very very few players that when they kiss the badge they truly do love it.

We lost 2-1 didn't we, after one of the most ridiculous pens ever awarded? I remember That Nice Mr Keane storming over to the ref to complain about the foul, til he realised that a penno had been inexplicably awarded.

One of my mates asked a rag steward if he'd seen what the pen was for. His reply; " you're not gonna like it".

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:12 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

One of my mates asked a rag steward if he'd seen what the pen was for. His reply; " you're not gonna like it".

Nothing to do with any on the ball play if my memory serves me right.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby the_georgian_genius » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:16 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

FOOOKIN THIS!

Man is a star.

Son's named Colin and Tony as well. Get him job and get rid of that tool Platt and Kidd as well for all I care. Future City manager. FACT.

Future city manager in what way? In the way that Scholes, Giggs and Neville are future United managers? In the way that John Terry and Steven Gerrard are future Chelsea and Liverpool managers? I'd love Rosler to be City manager but because he is the best man for the job not because he loves the club and is a hero to thousands.

Also the comment about it's a fucking embarrasement that he isn't already signed to coaching role by the Club is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy OTT but fits in well with internet football message boards.

Realistically what should he be looking for in England? Is a club like Stockport County/Macclesfield in League Two beneath him with his experience and is Preston/Barnsley ect too ahead of him at the moment with his experience? Should he be looking at League One like Dickov to get his foot in the door? I hope he gets a north west club as i would go down and support them. Love uwe!!

Decent chance one of those 3 or O.G.S. will be Utd manager one day actually so Uwe is considerably ahead of them as O.G.S. is only just starting on the managerial trail. If we assume that Bob & Marwood are laying foundations for the future of the club, Uwe could start working for the academy, learn from Bob, learn how the club functions & what's required then take over from Bob in the (hopefully distant) future like Guardiola has done at Barca.

I don't think anyone is suggesting he takes over from your husband in the near future so you can relax..

Nice dig Ted. Theres a decent chance that Rosler could be City manager aswell, also Xavi could be Barcelona manager in the future but like OGS, Rosler and everyone else that has been mentioned it's a dream as there is no managerial experience to argue the pros and cons.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby 9secondlegend » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:17 pm

legend
he cam in a night club in the isle of man years back when we were playing in a tournement over there and every one was on there knees doing that celebration he did
fucking brilliant!
9secondlegend

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Craig B » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:07 pm

FOOOKIN THIS!

Man is a star.

I couldn't smile wide enough when I read that little fact - never knew he'd named his kids after City legends.. presumably Messrs Bell & Book? Or could it be a coincidence? Not a chance surely!
"..The object of playing any game is for enjoyment. If you have enjoyed it and done your best you have won no matter what the result." - Joe Mercer OBE
Craig B
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Buffalo Soldier » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:18 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

The referee, Alan Wilkie (will never ever forget the name of that cunt), awarded a penalty against Michael Frontzeck for the crime of simply being Michael Frontzeck. Think he breathed in the general direction of Cantona in the box.

On the topic of Uwe, can only really echo LAHAD's sentiments, absolute legend and we should get him on the coaching staff in the place of Mr Potato Head Platt immediately.
Buffalo Soldier
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:27 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

FOOOKIN THIS!

Man is a star.

Nice dig Ted. Theres a decent chance that Rosler could be City manager aswell, also Xavi could be Barcelona manager in the future but like OGS, Rosler and everyone else that has been mentioned it's a dream as there is no managerial experience to argue the pros and cons.

Uwe has been a manager for years & a very very good one. Guardiola was manager of Barca's B team & nothing else.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:28 pm

Buffalo Soldier wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

The referee, Alan Wilkie (will never ever forget the name of that cunt), awarded a penalty against Michael Frontzeck for the crime of simply being Michael Frontzeck. Think he breathed in the general direction of Cantona in the box.

On the topic of Uwe, can only really echo LAHAD's sentiments, absolute legend and we should get him on the coaching staff in the place of Mr Potato Head Platt immediately.

Keane complained to the ref because he thought he'd given a free kick to City.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john68 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:55 am

I was sure Uwe had played in front of the standing Kippax. Or have I misunderstood your post mate
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby john68 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:56 am

I was sure Uwe had played in front of the standing Kippax. Or have I misunderstood your post mate
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Postby john68 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:57 am

john68

Postby eastlands-lostboy » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:11 am

Absolute, top top,top,top, player for City. Guts, balls, loved the shirt and the club and most of all the fans. A guy who has had his own personal fight against his health. Another german player who has never been subject to any "silly abuse" once again a fuckin real MAN ! good luck Uwe !
My wife says " You only support City because they keep going down on you"
eastlands-lostboy
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby King Kev » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:27 am

We could do a lot worse than to get him on the staff at City. It wouldn't do any harm at all to have somebody on the coaching staff who actually understands what being a Blue is all about and what it means to us fans.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby sandman » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:36 am

FOOOKIN THIS!

Man is a star.

Absolute Thousand Percent Yes!!!
sandman

Supporter of: City

Postby Beeks » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:16 am

sandman wrote:
Absolute Thousand Percent Yes!!!

No such thing
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:22 am

Ted Hughes wrote:

FOOOKIN THIS!

Man is a star.

You are wrong in so many ways in your two previous posts.

First of all, I never suggested he'd replace Mancini. I said we should sign him to coaching staff. With Academy or with first team. Which one would you rather have David Twatt or Uwe Uwe Rosler???

Second, to even compare him to clowns like neville and scholes is laughable. Now I don't know how old you are but for City supporters of certain age man is a absolute legend. Last top striker we had before we got Anelka and truly top Premierleague goal scorer alongside Quinny. But that is all besides the point. Man LOVES City. He DOES HAVE experience of professional football management and reasonably succesfull one as well. He has all the formal qualifications as well. As far as his CV goes he is more than ready to take a coaching job in City.

Third, he has already managed in bigger clubs than Macclesfield and Stockport. Why would he go manage there? All the rags you mentioned there have done sweet fuck all as far as managing a football team goes so maybe they should look for jobs there.

Fourth, I'd like us to create bit of "boot room" environment as far as managers go. In Liverpool of old and Barcelona style. People would learn the Club inside out and progress through coaching ranks. They'd get their chance to prove organization, not tabloids, that they are the right man to take over. This would give club sense of continuity and would make future manager changes, not necesserily through sackings by the way, seamless.

Fifth, you are comparing him to all those rags. You know what, most top managers had playing careers that left them with bit of a chip on their shoulder. I don't think likes of Scholes have that. Clough, Shankly, ferguson, Sven, Wenger, Hiddink etc all had less than satisfying playing careers for one reason or another. I think Uwe has that hunger.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:33 am

john68 wrote:I was sure Uwe had played in front of the standing Kippax. Or have I misunderstood your post mate

No that's absolutely definitely what he said because he was talking about loving the atmosphere at Maine Road & I was saying how it was at it's best when the Kippax was standing. Perhaps he meant he wished he'd played for longer in front of it?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum