Jan 2011 Transfer Window

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Jan 2011 Transfer Window

Postby simon12 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:13 am

Don`t know if it`s too early for this but I saw this story with direct quotes.. I know it`s goal!!

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/20 ... s-juventus

Manchester City Striker Emmanuel Adebayor Seeks Juventus Move, But Non-EU Quota Limit Means He Cannot Join Them
Manchester City's Emmanuel Adebayor is desperate for Juventus move, but the club's limit on non-EU players has scuppered the transfer...
I don't know what [Roberto] Mancini has done, he never lets me play," Adebayor told Sport Foot magazine.

"I know I cannot stay here, and I will leave in January. I can tell you that the club [City] already has a loan agreement with Juventus."

However, Adebayor is in for a shock as his non-EU status means he cannot join Juventus.

Their quota limit has been reached, and the Togolese striker doesn't have an EU passport.

Therefore Il Corriere dello Sport reports Real Madrid ace Karim Benzema is still the target at Vinovo.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Re: Jan 2011 Transfer Window

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:28 am

In truth we dont have to worry too much about Adebayor, as RSC is nailed on to leave we can get someone anyway that in effect is a replacement for Ade, and then let Ade stew or do what he wants. I can see him ending up at Fenerbache at this rate.

The only problem with not getting shut of Adebayor is the place he holds in the 25 for the Europa League, RSC isnt listed, but i dont know if we can re-jig that list at some point.. anyone know?
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Chinners » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:46 am

I believe we can resubmit the squad list on 1 feb, the day after the window shuts
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:59 am

Chinners wrote:I believe we can resubmit the squad list on 1 feb, the day after the window shuts

Well if thats the case then its sorted as far as City are concerned.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby john@staustell » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:09 am

Chinners wrote:I believe we can resubmit the squad list on 1 feb, the day after the window shuts

What happens if we sign someone on 1st Jan? I'm pretty sure you can change it through the window but submit a final list as you say. Or, just like August, maybe it all goes out the window during windows, so to speak. Until your new final list?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby razor400 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:19 pm

john@staustell wrote:

What happens if we sign someone on 1st Jan? I'm pretty sure you can change it through the window but submit a final list as you say. Or, just like August, maybe it all goes out the window during windows, so to speak. Until your new final list?

I think during the window the squad list goes out of the window, clear as a clean window or even a window on the weather windows 7.
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby Wooders » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:22 pm

I think ade out and dzeko in is the only thing that really needs to happen tbh
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby simon12 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:49 pm

City seem to be quick out of the blocks..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... -City.html

Emmanuel Adebayor's claim of imminent loan move to Juventus dismissed by Manchester City
Manchester City have rejected Emmanuel Adebayor's claim that a deal has already been done for the striker to join Juventus on loan in January, while Serie A's quota on non-EU players seems to make the transfer unlikely in any event.

Grey day: even a hat-trick against Lech Poznan couldn't secure Emmanuel Adebayor a starting place for City The £25m signing from Arsenal last year has failed to make a significant impact on Roberto Mancini's team, with the Italian preferring to use Carlos Tevez as a lone striker, flanked by two wide attackers.

Adebayor is known to be frustrated at his lack of opportunities and today it was reported that he is already sure of leaving City when the transfer window opens.

''Roberto Mancini, I do not know what I did, but he never plays me,'' Adebayor is reported to have told Belgian magazine Sport/Foot.

''I am going to have a change of scene during the transfer window.

''And I can already tell you that City have reached an agreement with Juventus for a loan. I therefore expect to be able to leave in December.''

City are not in a position to know whether the comments are genuine, but they have rejected Adebayor's claim that he is on his way to Turin.

Moreover, changes to Serie A's quota system which came into effect this summer, which rule that clubs may sign only one non-EU player every year, stand in the way of a transfer before the summer. Adebayor could be signed if Juventus were to sell Miloš Krasić, who arrived this August, but the Serbian midfielder has been a star performer in his first months in Turin.

It remains clear that the 26-year-old is not satisfied by his supporting role at Eastlands, where he has made just 12 appearances in all competitions this term, starting only six of those matches.

Even a Europa League hat-trick against Lech Poznan has failed to earn him a regular spot in Mancini's plans and it is now almost certain that should City receive either a reasonable bid - or a loan offer that would benefit all parties - Adebayor will be on his way.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Beeks » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:57 pm

simon12 wrote:City seem to be quick out of the blocks..

A lot quicker than you it seems Si ;-)

viewtopic.php?f=119&t=35863&p=233198#p233198
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Dameerto » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:43 pm

Even if we can't get Dzeko (and assuming Ade leaves) we still have Guidetti in reserve for at least the Europa league.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby french_tony » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:55 pm

At the moment I really do not want us to buy anyone. Maybe unload Bridge and RSC and thats it.
I know money is no object but where would Dzeko fit? Its pretty obvious Mancini see's Ballotelli as his final piece of the formation he wants to play as the wide left player. Drop Tevez? Revert to 442 and drop Silva/Mario?
The 11 against Fulham (swapping Jo for Mario) is more than capable than qualifying for the CL and even challenging for the title. And we have a good 8 or 9 players on the bench ready to come in if needed.
Maybe if we qualify for champs league we can begin to upgrade but at the moment I do not see there any players out there who would improve us other than the Messi's/Villas/Sneiders/VDV/Alve's of this world who I doubt would come at the moment.
And loaning out Ade would be ridiculous. If he wants to leave sell him but we have to stop spending shed loads on players and loaning them out a year later.
french_tony
De Jong's Tackle

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:21 pm

french_tony wrote:At the moment I really do not want us to buy anyone. Maybe unload Bridge and RSC and thats it.
I know money is no object but where would Dzeko fit? Its pretty obvious Mancini see's Ballotelli as his final piece of the formation he wants to play as the wide left player. Drop Tevez? Revert to 442 and drop Silva/Mario?
The 11 against Fulham (swapping Jo for Mario) is more than capable than qualifying for the CL and even challenging for the title. And we have a good 8 or 9 players on the bench ready to come in if needed.
Maybe if we qualify for champs league we can begin to upgrade but at the moment I do not see there any players out there who would improve us other than the Messi's/Villas/Sneiders/VDV/Alve's of this world who I doubt would come at the moment.
And loaning out Ade would be ridiculous. If he wants to leave sell him but we have to stop spending shed loads on players and loaning them out a year later.

Well, Ade is gone, RSC is gone. Thats 2 strikers. Leaves us with Tevez, Jo and Balotelli. If we suffer injuries or suspensions we will be threadbare. Aside from that the idea of a first 11 is history, to get progress in the other comps we need a tip top squad where replacements for the best players are almost as good.
Personally i dont think we need to be looking at world stars to make us the best team in Europe. We do though need some talent up front, but that could be a couple of players at the level of AJ for now but more out and out strikers. i wouldn't be surprised if we picked up an English striker who would be happy to be here and not starting every game. People have mentioned Bent as an example of someone who could do a job for us, i dont think so, but the basic idea is right.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Return to The Maine Football forum