Boring boring City

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Boring boring City

Postby CityFanFromRome » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:42 am

Blue in North London wrote:• The Erdinger I drank earlier in Oxford Circus

My fav beer by a mile, I love it, but it's a bit hard to find here in Rome...or at least not common as other brands are.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Chinners » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:50 am

I used to travel up with Pete every week about 8-10 years ago, not seen him for a while now.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Blue in North London » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:23 am

I don't know Peter, but happen to see him around a fair bit. I occasionally have a chat with him. He did say he is going to the Stoke game.

He had some great badges on his scarf at the Fulham game. He had a large badge with profile pictures of the Futcher brothers in City kit. I wouldn't imagine too many people would have bothered keeping theirs. A nice big badge of Roger Palmer too.
Blue in North London
Superman's Underpants

Postby john@staustell » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:40 pm

Blue in North London wrote:I don't know Peter, but happen to see him around a fair bit. I occasionally have a chat with him. He did say he is going to the Stoke game.

He had some great badges on his scarf at the Fulham game. He had a large badge with profile pictures of the Futcher brothers in City kit. I wouldn't imagine too many people would have bothered keeping theirs. A nice big badge of Roger Palmer too.

Anyone who keeps a nice big badge of Roger Palmer has issues!! :-)
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby M147WN » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:54 pm

Blue in North London wrote:I clapped Maradona. Yes, he was a cheat but then so are a lot of footballers. He was an incredible footballer, the best I have ever seen. The majority of City fans appeared to be indifferent, a few booed and a few clapped.

The highlights for me on Sunday:
• The scenes following Zabba’s goal (it suddenly became a party atmosphere). Everybody appeared to start dancing
• The chants. My favourite being “We are staying up”
• Us singing “Boring, boring City” as the players left the pitch for HT, and Roberto turned around to acknowledge us
• The build-up for Yaya’s goal. IMO one of the best goals I have ever witnessed. It was total football
• I was sat next to City fan/legend, Peter (the guy who wears all things sky blue)
• The Erdinger I drank earlier in Oxford Circus

£4 for a pint of Carling!!!

Last Sunday the usual "34 years and we're still here" chant went up and shortly after that it morphed into"£49 and we're still here".

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy!
M147WN
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum