Utter Disgrace

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Utter Disgrace

Postby ashton287 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:52 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
9secondlegend wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:Still cheaper than the NFL season ticket.

Consider that for a minute. It's easy to get all working class about it...and i get that many people can't afford to take an entire family to matches anymore, but hasn't it been trending that way for ages? Here in the US season tickets to all the major sports for a family of 3 or 4 would be a major luxury item that few could consider a 'must have'...more likely they'd buy 2 and swap some dates when certain people in the family could go, or share a season ticket with a group of friends or family members (as in 2 families go in on 4 tickets, etc)

cheers

we are not in america though

thanks...sometimes i forget.

you really don't believe the most successful professional sports league in the world isn't a valid comparison? The NFL has i believe 2x the revenue of the Premier League. Why on earth wouldn't that be a reasonable thing to compare your global brand and league to?

sometimes some of you make me wonder if you pay attention to anything outside the bubble of the UK...there is a world out there you fuclin muggles.

cheers

Because the NFL is the national game of one of the largest countries in the world. I would expect it to generate 10x the revenue of the prem just on sheer size/number of supporters of/in your ridiculous country.

Kind of makes me think we ARE getting ripped off if were not that far behind the NFL.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:06 pm

ashton287 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
9secondlegend wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:Still cheaper than the NFL season ticket.

Consider that for a minute. It's easy to get all working class about it...and i get that many people can't afford to take an entire family to matches anymore, but hasn't it been trending that way for ages? Here in the US season tickets to all the major sports for a family of 3 or 4 would be a major luxury item that few could consider a 'must have'...more likely they'd buy 2 and swap some dates when certain people in the family could go, or share a season ticket with a group of friends or family members (as in 2 families go in on 4 tickets, etc)

cheers

we are not in america though

thanks...sometimes i forget.

you really don't believe the most successful professional sports league in the world isn't a valid comparison? The NFL has i believe 2x the revenue of the Premier League. Why on earth wouldn't that be a reasonable thing to compare your global brand and league to?

sometimes some of you make me wonder if you pay attention to anything outside the bubble of the UK...there is a world out there you fuclin muggles.

cheers

Because the NFL is the national game of one of the largest countries in the world. I would expect it to generate 10x the revenue of the prem just on sheer size/number of supporters of/in your ridiculous country.

Kind of makes me think we ARE getting ripped off if were not that far behind the NFL.

Pleasus Christ. Stop with the feigned roid rage. Our country is no more or less ridiculous than yours, cousin. Sorry. We might have the bad stuff at scale but it goes for the good stuff as well.

Also the premier league audience potential is literally 5-20x the NFL given the popularity and exposure of said sporting endeavors. I'd expect you to understand that.

Armwrestle?

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby CitizenYank » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:26 pm

I am more interested in how much an 'ordinary ticket' costs in all PL grounds and where we stand in the great scheme,
Now that would be interesting.
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:45 pm

simon12 wrote:It`s still not as bad as the De Jong tackle tho.

everything's my fault :-(
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby simon12 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:49 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:

You`re a bad bald dutchman.

It`s funny that no where in any article written on this subject does it state arsenal are ruining football.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:57 pm

Fish111 wrote:
King Kev wrote:Simple supply and demand.

Exactly this. If they weren't selling out then the prices would drop. Football is a business and they are fully entitled to do it. I personally won't pay over £35 for a ticket so i have to pick and choose my games. Maybe eventually i will be priced out of going to watch City altogether but there will be others to replace me. Me and my money won't be missed by the owners.

Unfortunately you both are right. As much as it feels wrong that the game is losing touch with it roots, the fact remains that as long as they can fill the stadium to some extent, they are going to hike the prices.

Someone suggested above that with 20 quid tickets the Club would sell out every game and they are dead right. However, having 40k people spend 35 to 40 pounds for ticket will bring in more money than full ground with 20 pound tickets. Even if you take all the pie sales into account, they could easily have just 20k people on 100 quid tickets.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:35 am

john@staustell wrote:I'm a litle surprised at Arsenal for this. It's obvious why Scum have been squeezing their fans (!) to death because of the Glazers etc. But Arsenal are supposed to be the rich, well-managed club who have loads of Wonga put back for a rainy day for when they have a manager who knows how to buy again. Obviously they had a big debt to build Emirates but last I heard their Highbury property sales and repayments were going very well.

What can be the motivation? Who is the greedy person(s)?

Trouble at Mill? One things for sure there comes a tipping point, as those in Mordor have found.

Erm, Arsenal aren't putting up ticket prices. The tax due on tickets is increasing. 33 quid for an adult ticket is totally acceptable, imho, when Belgian second league is charging around 15 quid a match.

Just out of interest, how much are the cheapest PL tickets at Eastlands these days? It was 22 quid last time I went to a home prem game, I think.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby paulmclaren » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:23 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:What is the purpose of comparing the dearest arsenal ticket to the cheapest bundasliga ticket tho?

EErrr, to show people how fucking expensive it is to buy a ticket for a premier league game?
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Postby paulmclaren » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:26 am

simon12 wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

You`re a bad bald dutchman.

It`s funny that no where in any article written on this subject does it state arsenal are ruining football.

Good point.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:50 am

paulmclaren wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:What is the purpose of comparing the dearest arsenal ticket to the cheapest bundasliga ticket tho?

EErrr, to show people how fucking expensive it is to buy a ticket for a premier league game?

Harldy a like for like though is it?

I could compare my bmx to a 2nd hand exercise boke, but it would tell you nothing.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Slim » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:50 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
paulmclaren wrote:

I could compare my bmx to a 2nd hand exercise boke, but it would tell you nothing.

Yes, but boke's are ludicrously overpriced.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:58 am

Slim wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
paulmclaren wrote:

Yes, but boke's are ludicrously overpriced.

hahaha fair play.

It's very poor journalism in my opinion.

The 100 quid ticket tells it's own story no need to make it look worse with sneaky little like for like comparisons that are not like for like.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Blue in the face » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:03 am

The only time I'm going to get over to see City is on the last day of the season, which is away to Bolton. I dont imagine I could get a ticket with the away fans, and it will probably be a sell out so I bought a ticket in the cheapest prawn sandwich part..............cost = £95.00.

I've already bought the ticket so I was able to buy the plane tickets well in advance to get a good price that will help offset the extra I paid for the match ticket (way too many tickets in that sentence).

BTW
I just looked at the Bolton website (http://www.bwfc.co.uk/page/TicketInform ... 66,00.html) and their adult ticket price for the game at COMS is £26.00. The City website is quoting £35.00 for adults.

Figure that out.
Blue in the face
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Zabba

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum