CRAIG BELLAMY!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: CRAIG BELLAMY!

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:21 pm

I'll add to that; the clip shown there is a perfect exanple of the utter shite Bellamy gets accused of. It's absolutely clearly a case of Bob giving him instructions & him listening intently & taking it on, without even one millionth of a percent of anything that can possibly be interpreted as trouble. The idea that people can interpret it as trouble just shows how absolutely ridiculous the slander of Bellamy actually is. Bellamy was also the bloke Bob entrusted to pass on his instructions & organise the team when on the pitch pre season. The fact that he then shat him out when they got home was close to unbelieveable imo & his worst decision hopefully ever.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:30 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I'll add to that; the clip shown there is a perfect exanple of the utter shite Bellamy gets accused of. It's absolutely clearly a case of Bob giving him instructions & him listening intently & taking it on, without even one millionth of a percent of anything that can possibly be interpreted as trouble. The idea that people can interpret it as trouble just shows how absolutely ridiculous the slander of Bellamy actually is. Bellamy was also the bloke Bob entrusted to pass on his instructions & organise the team when on the pitch pre season. The fact that he then shat him out when they got home was close to unbelieveable imo & his worst decision hopefully ever.

With respect I think you need to separate the context video clip from the allegations, there is plenty of evidence of Bellamy's contribution to the contretemps between Moyes & Mancini the previous week, it's just a pity that we had to hear it from the odious Craig Burley.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -spat.html
And don't forget the high fives with 'Arry after the Spurs game, are you another who thinks that was perfectly OK?
Last edited by johnny crossan on Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:36 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I'll add to that; the clip shown there is a perfect exanple of the utter shite Bellamy gets accused of. It's absolutely clearly a case of Bob giving him instructions & him listening intently & taking it on, without even one millionth of a percent of anything that can possibly be interpreted as trouble. The idea that people can interpret it as trouble just shows how absolutely ridiculous the slander of Bellamy actually is. Bellamy was also the bloke Bob entrusted to pass on his instructions & organise the team when on the pitch pre season. The fact that he then shat him out when they got home was close to unbelieveable imo & his worst decision hopefully ever.

With respect I think you need to separate the context video clip from the allegations, there is plenty of evidence of Bellamy's contribution to the contretemps between Moyes & Mancini the previous week, it's just a pity that we had to hear it from the odious Craig Burley. And don't forget the high fives with 'Arry after the Spurs game, are you another who thinks that was perfectly OK?[/quot

2 things will always rank with me about Bellers - the high 5s was FUCKING DISGUSTING considering we had just lost a MUST WIN MATCH to get in to the champs league and the support he gave to GOLLUM after the Mancini episode which was another DISGUSTING lack of loyalty to your manager.

Apart from that he did an overall good job for us.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:40 pm

johnny crossan wrote:

With respect I think you need to separate the context video clip from the allegations, there is plenty of evidence of Bellamy's contribution to the contretemps between Moyes & Mancini the previous week, it's just a pity that we had to hear it from the odious Craig Burley. And don't forget the high fives with 'Arry after the Spurs game, are you another who thinks that was perfectly OK?

I'm someone who doesn't give a shit about the 'high fives', in fact I can't even put into words how unimportant that was & is to me. I was more bothered about surrendering the Champ's League by playing for a draw the week before v a demoralised injury riddled Arsenal team, which I considered criminal. That Spurs game would have been so much different if not for that.

Bellamy is a City hero imo who would love to be at the club now & half injured or not, would be better than Jo in that left side spot & as I predicted, would be very useful for backup when our two fucking headcases kicked off. The stories about him are propaganda to make the decision seem reasonable & hardly anyone genuinely believes it. Even Bob.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:55 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

With respect I think you need to separate the context video clip from the allegations, there is plenty of evidence of Bellamy's contribution to the contretemps between Moyes & Mancini the previous week, it's just a pity that we had to hear it from the odious Craig Burley. And don't forget the high fives with 'Arry after the Spurs game, are you another who thinks that was perfectly OK?

I'm someone who doesn't give a shit about the 'high fives', in fact I can't even put into words how unimportant that was & is to me. I was more bothered about surrendering the Champ's League by playing for a draw the week before v a demoralised injury riddled Arsenal team, which I considered criminal. That Spurs game would have been so much different if not for that.

Bellamy is a City hero imo who would love to be at the club now & half injured or not, would be better than Jo in that left side spot & as I predicted, would be very useful for backup when our two fucking headcases kicked off. The stories about him are propaganda to make the decision seem reasonable & hardly anyone genuinely believes it. Even Bob.

You could say the Spurs game would have been a lot different if Bellamy had covered Kaboul's run and stopped his cross for Crouch to score the winner. Look Ted, the 'Arry congratulations and the backing of Moyes against his own manager did happen. I think he believed like a lot of others that Mancini was already gone to make way for Jose. You clearly don't agree that these episodes were important but I can see why Mancini wouldn't want him around after that even though he was a real asset on the field. It appears you are right about hardly anyone genuinely believing Bellamy was at fault on here though.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:59 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

You could say the Spurs game would have been a lot different if Bellamy had covered Kaboul's run and stopped his cross for Crouch to score the winner. Look Ted, the 'Arry congratulations and the backing of Moyes against his own manager did happen. I think he believed like a lot of others that Mancini was already gone to make way for Jose. You clearly don't agree that these episodes were important but I can see why Mancini wouldn't want him around after that even though he was a real asset on the field. It appears you are right about hardly anyone genuinely believing Bellamy was at fault on here though.

I think City are more importat than Mancini's sodding ego that's my point! If Bellamy doesn't like you Bob,fine, agree not to like each other & get on with the fucking job, don't leave us at the mercy of Adebayor & fucking Balotelli because you're too stubborn to accept that Bellamy knows more about how to manage his knee problem than you do!

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:03 am

Ted Hughes wrote:I think City are more importat than Mancini's sodding ego that's my point! If Bellamy doesn't like you Bob,fine, agree not to like each other & get on with the fucking job, don't leave us at the mercy of Adebayor & fucking Balotelli because you're too stubborn to accept that Bellamy knows more about how to manage his knee problem than you do!

Football management is an egotistical business Ted, Mancini is numero uno that's clear.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:20 am

I really don't see the issue with the whole shaking hands with Redknapp. Sportsmanship is a trait to be admired. Do you really think he was happy Spurs won? He put 100% effort and commitment into every game he played and i'm sure he was as gutted as anyone on the inside to have lost.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:24 am

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:I really don't see the issue with the whole shaking hands with Redknapp. Sportsmanship is a trait to be admired. Do you really think he was happy Spurs won? He put 100% effort and commitment into every game he played and i'm sure he was as gutted as anyone on the inside to have lost.

Yep --- Lakey..hinchcliff... would have done the same thing at the final whistle missing out on the CL.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:30 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:I really don't see the issue with the whole shaking hands with Redknapp. Sportsmanship is a trait to be admired. Do you really think he was happy Spurs won? He put 100% effort and commitment into every game he played and i'm sure he was as gutted as anyone on the inside to have lost.

Yep --- Lakey..hinchcliff... would have done the same thing at the final whistle missing out on the CL.

it's not limited to footy. my team just lost a 500K deal to a competitor earlier in the week and as i left the client site i hi-fived the competitor who was waiting in the lobby to go sign his deal. i figured it was just good sportsmanship to give him some kudos for kicking my ass....

Also, whenever my wife spends my paycheck i give her a footrub for a job well done. I also give my kids sweets when they fuck up at school. Did i mention that i give the dog a treat when she pisses on the carpet as well?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:26 am

You shake hands with the other team after a game. It's just what we do. What did youw ant to see? Bellamy running off in a temper throwing his shirt to the ground? Shaking hands with Redknapp has been taken and analysed to ridiculous lengths and people are tring to use it to cover over what a sensational player he was for us.
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby john@staustell » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:39 pm

Shaking hands and high-fiving it are completely different things. The latter is 'wow, great, super, well done', whereas the handshake is respect and 'good game'.

I like Craig but he was completely and totally out of order both with that and the Moyes business - embarrassing for the club and probably the main reason he now plys his trade at Cardiff.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:52 pm

john@staustell wrote:Shaking hands and high-fiving it are completely different things. The latter is 'wow, great, super, well done', whereas the handshake is respect and 'good game'.

I like Craig but he was completely and totally out of order both with that and the Moyes business - embarrassing for the club and probably the main reason he now plys his trade at Cardiff.

What so you're saying Bellamy wanted us not to win?

So if Tevez were to shake hands with Fergie if United beat us would you want him out of the club?
Bellamy was a fantatsic player for us and we have missed him this season. You hold a personal vendetta against him.
Did it really affect the outcome? Would we have qualified had Bellamy not shaken hands?
Last edited by Bridge'srightfoot on Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby john@staustell » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:54 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Shaking hands and high-fiving it are completely different things. The latter is 'wow, great, super, well done', whereas the handshake is respect and 'good game'.

So if Tevez were to shake hands with Fergie if United beat us would you want him out of the club?
Bellamy was a fantatsic player for us and we have missed him this season. You hold a personbal vendetta against him.
Did it really affect the outcome? Would we have qualified had Bellamy not shaken hands?

You dont seem to be reading my posts before typing for some reason. Shaking hands is normal, high-fiving is not. I said I like Craig, not have a vendetta, but high-fiving it with dodgy tax-dodging crook Arry is bad. Why he did it maybe you can answer?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:37 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:

Bellamy was a fantatsic player for us and we have missed him this season. You hold a personbal vendetta against him.

You dont seem to be reading my posts before typing for some reason. Shaking hands is normal, high-fiving is not. I said I like Craig, not have a vendetta, but high-fiving it with dodgy tax-dodging crook Arry is bad. Why he did it maybe you can answer?

Embarasing for the club eh? I'd say playing for a draw with ten men behind the ball at home, making zero attempt to go forward is far more emabarassing.

Why does it really matter? I really don't care that he did it. If Tevez did it I'm sure you wouldn't have the same response? Infact Tevez has frequently slagged off Mancini in the press? How about criticizing Mancini to the press in the week leading up to the derby?
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby go_blues » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:20 pm

Exactly what I was thinking.

brite blu sky wrote:He is leaving the door open to come back.. you know it, i know it, he knows it...

does Bob?

Bob!

BOBEH!
go_blues
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:29 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Agree 100% about his on pitch performance and his charity work is excellent, particularly as he does it quietly, but Bellamy's reaction after the Spurs match and his earlier contribution during the Moyes scuffle were utterly indefensible. This and his poor influence on the younger members of the squad (which I have seen and heard first hand) meant he had to go.

Beller's had to go because he wasn't wanted by Mancini, that is all, and I have no problems with it. The rest has already been said.
You must be well in there mate. We all know that Beller's didn't like Mancini's new training regime and if you think that anybody would put their whole career at stake because a new manager tells them it is 'My way or the High way', then I'm afraid you are mistaken. I have lads under my management who have to train to specific regimes, due to their own personal circumstances, which are designed personally for them. You're not going to believe this but I actually honour those routines because those plans were set out by trained personell who know far more than me in that field, and that way I get the best out of them. Spooky eh?

As for mentioning the neanderthal's, yes, I would associate myself with them. They are City fans and whether they want to boo or not, they are, in main, there to support the team, which they did. Just because they thought they need to aire their views to Mancini, it doesn't make them any less a City supporter; does it? But I'm sure you didn't mention it in that manner did you, more of a 'Guilty by association' statement.

So yes, we'll agree to disagree and I'll leave you to your ITK info. I'd never have figured it out for myself.

I'm no ITK, I see what I see and hear what I hear and the reason I posted my opinion on Bellamy is precisely because you don't seem to have figured out what's happened. If you want to associate yourself with the foul-mouthed mob who booed the manager last week it's your privilege, but spare me the sanctimonious rubbish about real City fans please.

What's wrong with you man, can you not accept another person's point of view. You spouted on how bad Beller's was, especially to the younger players when you can see from Dougie's post that he was a model professional. As for not figuring it out, it's you who is talking through your arse because it was quite obvious to all that Beller's was not the sort of player that Mancini wanted around, whether that be from a Hughes point of view or just because he couldn't handle him and Beller's may have caused some sort of discord. I was one of the first to have a go at him when he High-Fived Redknapp as I couldn't understand at the game why he would do such a thing, but on reflection, it was just something that happened between 2 people who knew each other; bit like a hand-shake between pro's.

As for the sanctimonious rubbish, stop it! I totally disagree with anyone booing or otherwise supporting the team and management, but at the same time, the people who did it had a genuine grievance and had paid good money to watch that game. The booing, for me, probably came genuinely from newer/younger of the supporters, but the Mancini jibes came mainly from the South of the stadium and many of the 'Old Sweats' who have graced many of the terraces around the country in support of City. And if you don't want to be associated to those who were at the Fulham or West Brom games (who I know personally), then I wonder who you would like to be associated with - the new-wave of Glory Hunter who sit eating their prawn sandwiches, because they're really going to show the passion aren't they?

Next you'll be telling me that all those regulars who had something to say shouldn't bother going, and if that's true, then god help us!

Now, have a nice day and when you get close enough to hear what players are saying to each other, make sure you post it in Dougie's thread, I'm sure it'll be very interesting.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Blue in the face » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:23 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

it's not limited to footy. my team just lost a 500K deal to a competitor earlier in the week and as i left the client site i hi-fived the competitor who was waiting in the lobby to go sign his deal. i figured it was just good sportsmanship to give him some kudos for kicking my ass....

Also, whenever my wife spends my paycheck i give her a footrub for a job well done. I also give my kids sweets when they fuck up at school. Did i mention that i give the dog a treat when she pisses on the carpet as well?

cheers

I was with you there Doomy until you let the dog piss on the carpet.

I didn't see the high fives (probably was kicking the cat in frustration by then). But I really am not fussed about it. What I can be sure about is that Bellers gave everything he had for City before the final whistle. Can we say that about every player?

When the game was over there was nothing more City could do to get fourth place so its no big deal.

To read some of peoples comments on here you would think he "high fived" before the match.

PS

How the fuck did twitchy get his hands above his head?
Blue in the face
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:09 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
johnny crossan wrote: Look chaps we'll have to agree to differ on Craig. You must ask yourself why Mancini, who is not stupid and whose whole future depends on results, would want to dispense with the services of a proven talent at a considerable cost to the club. I'm sure you wouldn't associate yourself with those neanderthals last week who chanted 'you don't know what your doing' and 'what the f*** is goin on' followed by 'Bellamy, Bellamy, Bellamy' but that really did stick in my craw.

Beller's had to go because he wasn't wanted by Mancini, that is all, and I have no problems with it. The rest has already been said. You must be well in there mate. We all know that Beller's didn't like Mancini's new training regime and if you think that anybody would put their whole career at stake because a new manager tells them it is 'My way or the High way', then I'm afraid you are mistaken. I have lads under my management who have to train to specific regimes, due to their own personal circumstances, which are designed personally for them. You're not going to believe this but I actually honour those routines because those plans were set out by trained personell who know far more than me in that field, and that way I get the best out of them. Spooky eh?
As for mentioning the neanderthal's, yes, I would associate myself with them. They are City fans and whether they want to boo or not, they are, in main, there to support the team, which they did. Just because they thought they need to aire their views to Mancini, it doesn't make them any less a City supporter; does it? But I'm sure you didn't mention it in that manner did you, more of a 'Guilty by association' statement. So yes, we'll agree to disagree and I'll leave you to your ITK info. I'd never have figured it out for myself.

I'm no ITK, I see what I see and hear what I hear and the reason I posted my opinion on Bellamy is precisely because you don't seem to have figured out what's happened. If you want to associate yourself with the foul-mouthed mob who booed the manager last week it's your privilege, but spare me the sanctimonious rubbish about real City fans please.

What's wrong with you man, can you not accept another person's point of view. You spouted on how bad Beller's was, especially to the younger players when you can see from Dougie's post that he was a model professional. As for not figuring it out, it's you who is talking through your arse because it was quite obvious to all that Beller's was not the sort of player that Mancini wanted around, whether that be from a Hughes point of view or just because he couldn't handle him and Beller's may have caused some sort of discord. I was one of the first to have a go at him when he High-Fived Redknapp as I couldn't understand at the game why he would do such a thing, but on reflection, it was just something that happened between 2 people who knew each other; bit like a hand-shake between pro's.
As for the sanctimonious rubbish, stop it! I totally disagree with anyone booing or otherwise supporting the team and management, but at the same time, the people who did it had a genuine grievance and had paid good money to watch that game. The booing, for me, probably came genuinely from newer/younger of the supporters, but the Mancini jibes came mainly from the South of the stadium and many of the 'Old Sweats' who have graced many of the terraces around the country in support of City. And if you don't want to be associated to those who were at the Fulham or West Brom games (who I know personally), then I wonder who you would like to be associated with - the new-wave of Glory Hunter who sit eating their prawn sandwiches, because they're really going to show the passion aren't they? Next you'll be telling me that all those regulars who had something to say shouldn't bother going, and if that's true, then god help us! Now, have a nice day and when you get close enough to hear what players are saying to each other, make sure you post it in Dougie's thread, I'm sure it'll be very interesting.

Of course I accept you and quite a few others on here are your entitled to your opinion that Bellamy was unfairly treated. I have tried to understand why the manager and the club do not share it. You could argue that the four lowest points of last season were the defeats against Spurs and Everton. The away results cost Hughes his job and Robinho his place at the club. At home they damaged Mancini's reputation and lost us a Champions League place. Those home fixtures also provided an opportunity for Bellamy to vent his spleen and I believe that inexcusable and undeniable conduct is the reason he is not here now.

Talking about prawns etc, every other week I sit in the East Stand sandwiched between one guy who laments "Where's Bellamy'?"approximately every 5 minutes and this is alternated on the other side by the cry "Launch it to the midgets!" Now these chaps are dedicated, they never miss home or away, they were on the Faroes trawler, they were in the Bernabeu, travelled the Veldt, the East & West coasts of the US - everywhere. I may have watched City for 50+ years on over a hundred grounds but I'm too old to compete with these blokes now. They are also entitled to their opinion, as is Dougie after all his careful observation atop his perch at Carrington, as are you Beefy. No argument from me. You all share a sense of bafflement why Bellamy, with all his excellent qualities, no longer plays for us. I'm just offering my explanation of the club's position and if it is for the reasons I've given, I think they are 100% right.
Last edited by johnny crossan on Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:19 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Because Bellamy asks questions about tactics. Because Bellamy asks questions about training methods. Because Bellamy asks for 100% from his team mates. [highlight]Because Bellamy would be chasing Balotelli round Carrington with a fucking golf club[/highlight].

LOL, that would happen without a doubt. They'd be more people going to training than the matches to see how Bellamy and Balo were getting along. Fireworks would be a massive understatement and maybe just another reason why he was shipped out.

However, Mancini and Bellamy have always maintained that they had a good working relationship and respect each other. Bellamy's major issues were with Cook and Marwood as he was questioning these two all the time.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum