CRAIG BELLAMY!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: CRAIG BELLAMY!

Postby Slim » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:42 pm

You know Hooty was misterboj, right?

Not sure if you know the whole story on him, and he is one of my favourite posters, but there was shit going on behind the scenes that makes you wonder about him.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:46 pm

Slim wrote:You know Hooty was misterboj, right?

Not sure if you know the whole story on him, and he is one of my favourite posters, but there was shit going on behind the scenes that makes you wonder about him.

Misterboj amongst other names. There's a roll call in the OT. Sound guy I think, misunderstood perhaps!
Original Dub

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:20 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:IF Craig Bellamy had wanted to say something negative about City he would have done just that even if it had been a litle veiled comment.Yesterday he again showed himself to be the complete professional and even when given the slanted questions he gave sensible answers.

an early goal works wonders, if Fulham had won he would have been high fiving it with Sparky just like he did with 'Arry

He didn't really give Hughes the backing that Sky were after, and didn't get too involved just after Hughes departed, prefering to say that he was gone and we move on. I think in one interview he even stated that he hadn't even been in touch with Hughes which shows it was a purely professional relationship.

Oh, and he was more than gracious before kick-off, so no, the early goal didn't work wonders, just excited him more.

A high price was to get him out of the club and another sizeable instalment to keep his mouth shut afterwards. I agree he's worked City over like a real pro.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:24 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:
the_georgian_genius wrote:LOL. That's what he wants you to think about him. Don't let him fool you. Deep down he wanted a Fulham win today.

Like i have said before, he would be fantastic in politics.

You really are infuriating arent you? Do you just say the opposite to everyone else to be cool? Every time i read a post from you it feels like its wrote in a condescending tone....

No i just don't beleive a word that comes out of that guys mouth.

Of course he is going to say nice things, he is being told to be nice and say nice stuff about us. Why else do you think he is playing for boyhood club and still getting paid £90k a week? To do him a favour for all the good things he has done for us? Do you think City would allow him to do all that and then for him to slag the club off in the press? Some of you need to wake up. As soon as all ties are cut from city he will start being the Craig Bellamy we all know not these fake nicey nicey Craig Bellamy that is putting in an oscar winning performance and fooling alot of people.

Why do you hate him so much? He was brilliant for us. 100% effort and commitment aswell as contributing many goals and assists. Not said a bad word about the club either.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:27 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:IF Craig Bellamy had wanted to say something negative about City he would have done just that even if it had been a litle veiled comment.Yesterday he again showed himself to be the complete professional and even when given the slanted questions he gave sensible answers.

an early goal works wonders, if Fulham had won he would have been high fiving it with Sparky just like he did with 'Arry

He didn't really give Hughes the backing that Sky were after, and didn't get too involved just after Hughes departed, prefering to say that he was gone and we move on. I think in one interview he even stated that he hadn't even been in touch with Hughes which shows it was a purely professional relationship.

Oh, and he was more than gracious before kick-off, so no, the early goal didn't work wonders, just excited him more.

A high price was to get him out of the club and another sizeable instalment to keep his mouth shut afterwards. I agree he's worked City over like a real pro.

I agree as well, a good pro who has worked for City well. Cracking player for City on the pitch, cracking player off it.

Well done for noticing.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:43 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

I agree as well, a good pro who has worked for City well. Cracking player for City on the pitch, cracking player off it.
Well done for noticing.
Agree 100% about his on pitch performance and his charity work is excellent, particularly as he does it quietly, but Bellamy's reaction after the Spurs match and his earlier contribution during the Moyes scuffle were utterly indefensible. This and his poor influence on the younger members of the squad (which I have seen and heard first hand) meant he had to go.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:11 am

"This and his poor influence on the younger members of the squad (which I have seen and heard first hand) meant he had to go."

Disagree with this 100%. His influence on young players with his professional attitude both in games and in training was excellent.What I have seen first hand, at times alongside you at training , showed excatly that.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby dazby » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:44 am

Come on johnny c, get that bee out of your bonnet.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Original Dub » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:50 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:"This and his poor influence on the younger members of the squad (which I have seen and heard first hand) meant he had to go."

Disagree with this 100%. His influence on young players with his professional attitude both in games and in training was excellent.What I have seen first hand, at times alongside you at training , showed excatly that.

haha Johnny Crossan you grouchy old bollox, Doug owns you.

Seriously though, was it not mentioned that during half time v Spurs in THAT game last season, it was Bellamy who was really trying to inspire the lads to go and win the game, as seen on Blue Moon Rising??

Just because he congratulated Redknapp does not in any way mean he's a cunt.

Also, if the club cared that much about players talking about us negatively, they'd be paying off all the ones who leave - Elano, Ireland, Dunne, Robinho... I mean, fucking ROBINHO??! The bastard never stopped putting us in a negative light the whole time he was on loan. Why didn't they pay him off?? He's far more influencial on a global level than Craig Bellamy!!

So I reckon this whole conspiracy theory can kiss my hoop.
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:58 am

johnny crossan wrote:Agree 100% about his on pitch performance and his charity work is excellent, particularly as he does it quietly, but Bellamy's reaction after the Spurs match and his earlier contribution during the Moyes scuffle were utterly indefensible. This and his poor influence on the younger members of the squad (which I have seen and heard first hand) meant he had to go.

Beller's had to go because he wasn't wanted by Mancini, that is all, and I have no problems with it. The rest has already been said.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:19 pm

To be fair to 'G.G' when i heard the stuff Bellamy was saying, nice though it was' I did think "well you would say that wouldn't you as you are still taking our money while you play elsewhere". maybe I'm just cynical.
Now Brian Horton though. we treated him like a twat but he never has a wrong word to say about us.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:14 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Agree 100% about his on pitch performance and his charity work is excellent, particularly as he does it quietly, but Bellamy's reaction after the Spurs match and his earlier contribution during the Moyes scuffle were utterly indefensible. This and his poor influence on the younger members of the squad (which I have seen and heard first hand) meant he had to go.

Beller's had to go because he wasn't wanted by Mancini, that is all, and I have no problems with it. The rest has already been said.

Look chaps we'll have to agree to differ on Craig. You must ask yourself why Mancini, who is not stupid and whose whole future depends on results, would want to dispense with the services of a proven talent at a considerable cost to the club. I'm sure you wouldn't associate yourself with those neanderthals last week who chanted 'you don't know what your doing' and 'what the f*** is goin on' followed by 'Bellamy, Bellamy, Bellamy' but that really did stick in my craw.

Just a reminder of part of the reason he's not here.
[youtube]jcAedBJbSUM[/youtube]

- I''ll spare you the end of the Spurs game, totally inexcusable and as far Carrington is concerned, I'm not going contradict Dougie, he's there most of the time and I'm just a very occasional visitor. Just accept that on one of my rare excursions there I was really quite surprised by the way he conducted himself and what he said to AJ about Mancini's training methods during a routine. Leave it at that.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:16 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Look chaps we'll have to agree to differ on Craig. You must ask yourself why Mancini, who is not stupid and whose whole future depends on results, would want to dispense with the services of a proven talent at a considerable cost to the club. I'm sure you wouldn't associate yourself with those neanderthals last week who chanted 'you don't know what your doing' and 'what the f*** is goin on' followed by 'Bellamy, Bellamy, Bellamy' but that really did stick in my craw.

- I''ll spare you the end of the Spurs game, totally inexcusable and as far Carrington is concerned, I'm not going contradict Dougie, he's there most of the time and I'm just a very occasional visitor. Just accept that on one of my rare excursions there I was really quite surprised by the way he conducted himself and what he said to AJ about Mancini's training methods during a routine. Leave it at that.

You must be well in there mate. We all know that Beller's didn't like Mancini's new training regime and if you think that anybody would put their whole career at stake because a new manager tells them it is 'My way or the High way', then I'm afraid you are mistaken. I have lads under my management who have to train to specific regimes, due to their own personal circumstances, which are designed personally for them. You're not going to believe this but I actually honour those routines because those plans were set out by trained personell who know far more than me in that field, and that way I get the best out of them. Spooky eh?

As for mentioning the neanderthal's, yes, I would associate myself with them. They are City fans and whether they want to boo or not, they are, in main, there to support the team, which they did. Just because they thought they need to aire their views to Mancini, it doesn't make them any less a City supporter; does it? But I'm sure you didn't mention it in that manner did you, more of a 'Guilty by association' statement.

So yes, we'll agree to disagree and I'll leave you to your ITK info. I'd never have figured it out for myself.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:27 pm

Bellers was usually the first out to train and very often the last one in.During training if you wanted to see how some thing should be done with full effort he was the man to watch. He regularly stayed behind for shooting practice and on more than one occasion stayed behind to act as coach for one of the younger ones.

Also on more than one occasion I heard him having a go at a player because they were not treating training seriously. One time it was one of the reserves given a chance with the main squad. He was doing at the time what we have since heard from Kolo about unnamed players and Patrick alledgedly , about Micah.

If he felt a training routine wasn't right he would say so and by that I don't mean just for him but for the whole squad. I see nothing wrong in that at all.Of course because of his apparent delicate knees it wasn't sensible for him to train if anything was slightly wrong but that is the same for all players as has been shown lately with all sorts of players missing full training. Mancini realised that although it did take a little time.

As for congratulating an opposition manager after his team has beaten us I see nothing wrong with that and those who do I think are wrong.The problem some City fans can't take is actually seeing it happen even though it is likely many players will have done the same later on to both the managers and some of the players.

That's effectively what I feel I know from what I have seen either on tv or at Carrington. As for Mancini getting rid of him I have no problems with that at all. I don't fully understand it based on his performances last season but if the boss wanted him out then so be it.There must have been other stuff off the field and in the dressing room that.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:30 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

You must be well in there mate. We all know that Beller's didn't like Mancini's new training regime and if you think that anybody would put their whole career at stake because a new manager tells them it is 'My way or the High way', then I'm afraid you are mistaken. I have lads under my management who have to train to specific regimes, due to their own personal circumstances, which are designed personally for them. You're not going to believe this but I actually honour those routines because those plans were set out by trained personell who know far more than me in that field, and that way I get the best out of them. Spooky eh?

As for mentioning the neanderthal's, yes, I would associate myself with them. They are City fans and whether they want to boo or not, they are, in main, there to support the team, which they did. Just because they thought they need to aire their views to Mancini, it doesn't make them any less a City supporter; does it? But I'm sure you didn't mention it in that manner did you, more of a 'Guilty by association' statement.

So yes, we'll agree to disagree and I'll leave you to your ITK info. I'd never have figured it out for myself.

I'm no ITK, I see what I see and hear what I hear and the reason I posted my opinion on Bellamy is precisely because you don't seem to have figured out what's happened. If you want to associate yourself with the foul-mouthed mob who booed the manager last week it's your privilege, but spare me the sanctimonious rubbish about real City fans please.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:00 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:.... As for Mancini getting rid of him I have no problems with that at all. I don't fully understand it based on his performances last season but if the boss wanted him out then so be it.There must have been other stuff off the field and in the dressing room that.

Isn't it obvious, he was undermining what the manager was trying to do and trying to influence others to do the same.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Goataldo » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:02 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I can understand why some might think Bellers is just paying us lipservice cos we pay his wages, but if so he is quite convincing.

But that video^ shows him recieving instruction from Mancini, listening in a concentrated manner, and agreeing whilst appearing quite determined. No problem with that.

Or are we meant to be convinced by the two moronic pundits talking over the vt? As an example it seems really really weak. And to give some half-hint about a training method anecdote would suggest that that too might not hold water.

Be more convincing. If Bellamy can, why can't you? I suspect you don't even have the elaborate cover of a charity foundation to fall back on as a character reference.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:13 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Look chaps we'll have to agree to differ on Craig. You must ask yourself why Mancini, who is not stupid and whose whole future depends on results, would want to dispense with the services of a proven talent at a considerable cost to the club.

Because Bellamy asks questions about tactics. Because Bellamy asks questions about training methods. Because Bellamy asks for 100% from his team mates. Because Bellamy would be chasing Balotelli round Carrington with a fucking golf club.
Last edited by Ted Hughes on Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:14 pm

uwes_skyblue_duvet wrote:I can understand why some might think Bellers is just paying us lipservice cos we pay his wages, but if so he is quite convincing.
But that video^ shows him recieving instruction from Mancini, listening in a concentrated manner, and agreeing whilst appearing quite determined. No problem with that.
Or are we meant to be convinced by the two moronic pundits talking over the vt? As an example it seems really really weak. And to give some half-hint about a training method anecdote would suggest that that too might not hold water.
Be more convincing. If Bellamy can, why can't you? I suspect you don't even have the elaborate cover of a charity foundation to fall back on as a character reference.

Forget the video, forget training spats, just ask yourself why he is no longer at the club. Talk about the elephant in the room.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:18 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Look chaps we'll have to agree to differ on Craig. You must ask yourself why Mancini, who is not stupid and whose whole future depends on results, would want to dispense with the services of a proven talent at a considerable cost to the club.

Because Bellamy asks questions about tactics. Because Bellamy asks questions about training methods. Because Bellamy asks for 100% from his team mates. Because Bellamy would be chasing Balotelli round Carrington with a fucking golf club.

Only the last of those would be a problem for Mancini, asking the question is fine - not liking the answer isn't.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum