CRAIG BELLAMY!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: CRAIG BELLAMY!

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:24 am

If those incidents were the reason, Mancini wouldn't have taken him on a pre season tour & even given him instructions for formations on the pitch etc, like he was the captain. It's clearly not true & is just another straw people clutch in order to give a very bad decision credibility.

I recon a more realistic scenario which even has quotes to back it up, is that MacClaren wanted him & he would have sealed the Dzeko deal but refused to go. Once he'd been offered to Wolfsburg & told about it, his City career was over. That's when the rumours, interviews, character assassination etc started.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:26 am

MaineRoadMemories wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Because Bellamy asks questions about tactics. Because Bellamy asks questions about training methods. Because Bellamy asks for 100% from his team mates. [highlight]Because Bellamy would be chasing Balotelli round Carrington with a fucking golf club[/highlight].

LOL, that would happen without a doubt. They'd be more people going to training than the matches to see how Bellamy and Balo were getting along. Fireworks would be a massive understatement and maybe just another reason why he was shipped out.

However, Mancini and Bellamy have always maintained that they had a good working relationship and respect each other. Bellamy's major issues were with Cook and Marwood as he was questioning these two all the time.

The Marwood/Cook axis - hmm there's a thought, Mancini doesn't seem to have a problem working with psychopaths, after all he seems to have swapped one for another with Mario for Bellers!
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:31 am

Mancini and Bellamy only ever fell out once and that was at the very start over training issues. Mancini wanted everyone on the same routine - Bellamy had is own. They had a argument about it but then it was resolved within a day or so.

Bellamy's days were numbered during the Hughes sacking. Every player who was part of the player revolt against Cook and Marwood has either being sold, loaned or benched.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Beeks » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:33 am

Just remember he's still a City player...do you think there is any way back for him?

A dramatic return next season perhaps?

I love Bellers...I was one of the very few who championed him when we first signed him...I remember most kicking off about the 11 mil or so we paid...was gutted when he went and would love to see him back
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:37 am

Ted Hughes wrote:If those incidents were the reason, Mancini wouldn't have taken him on a pre season tour & even given him instructions for formations on the pitch etc, like he was the captain. It's clearly not true & is just another straw people clutch in order to give a very bad decision credibility.

I recon a more realistic scenario which even has quotes to back it up, is that MacClaren wanted him & he would have sealed the Dzeko deal but refused to go. Once he'd been offered to Wolfsburg & told about it, his City career was over. That's when the rumours, interviews, character assassination etc started.

A look back to August 10th

[youtube]72TcP23TjQ4[/youtube]

Bellamy the consummate pro - recommends himself to his suitors
Last edited by johnny crossan on Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:39 am

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Mancini and Bellamy only ever fell out once and that was at the very start over training issues. Mancini wanted everyone on the same routine - Bellamy had is own. They had a argument about it but then it was resolved within a day or so.

Bellamy's days were numbered during the Hughes sacking. Every player who was part of the player revolt against Cook and Marwood has either being sold, loaned or benched.

I think that's a fair part of it. It's not particularly that Bob was desperate to get rid, just not particularly arsed about keeping him because Bellamy could be hard work on occasions, so when Cook & Marwood decided to try & move him on, Bob went along.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:41 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:If those incidents were the reason, Mancini wouldn't have taken him on a pre season tour & even given him instructions for formations on the pitch etc, like he was the captain. It's clearly not true & is just another straw people clutch in order to give a very bad decision credibility.

A look back to August 10th

Can't be arsed watching it mate, remember it from when it happened & it was after he'd been told he was going & is another unfair bit of crap that always gets trawled up.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:47 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:A look back to August 10th

Can't be arsed watching it mate, remember it from when it happened & it was after he'd been told he was going & is another unfair bit of crap that always gets trawled up.

such a perfect memory, pity it contradicts what you posted but whatever keeps you safe in your bubble
Last edited by johnny crossan on Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:55 am

johnny crossan wrote:Of course I accept you and quite a few others on here are your entitled to your opinion that Bellamy was unfairly treated. I have tried to understand why the manager and the club do not share it. You could argue that the four lowest points of last season were the defeats against Spurs and Everton. The away results cost Hughes his job and Robinho his place at the club. At home they damaged Mancini's reputation and lost us a Champions League place. Those home fixtures also provided an opportunity for Bellamy to vent his spleen and I believe that inexcusable and undeniable conduct is the reason he is not here now.

Talking about prawns etc, every other week I sit in the East Stand sandwiched between one guy who laments "Where's Bellamy'?"approximately every 5 minutes and this is alternated on the other side by the cry "Launch it to the midgets!" Now these chaps are dedicated, they never miss home or away, they were on the Faroes trawler, they were in the Bernabeu, travelled the Veldt, the East & West coasts of the US - everywhere. I may have watched City for 50+ years on over a hundred grounds but I'm too old to compete with these blokes now. They are also entitled to their opinion, as is Dougie after all his careful observation atop his perch at Carrington, as are you Beefy. No argument from me. You all share a sense of bafflement why Bellamy, with all his excellent qualities, no longer plays for us. I'm just offering my explanation of the club's position and if it is for the reasons I've given, I think they are 100% right.

What's baffling mate is why you are trying to explain Beller's position to me. The manager got rid of him, and for whatever reason, I go with that. There's not much any of us can do about it anyway.

Peace.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:13 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

such a perfect memory, pity it contradicts what you posted but whatever keeps you safe in your bubble

I've just wasted 4 fucking minutes of my life watching that wondering what it could possibly be that I'd forgotten & the answer is FUCK ALL. It's so accurate to what I've said that I could have scripted it myself!! If it's the playing time you're talking about, Bellamy was in at the start v Portland, doing exactly what I described, being given instructions by Bob & organising the team changes, then he was moved aside along with various other players, to accomodate the next bunch arriving, then dumped. He worked his balls off & wanted to play for City. He's been moved on because City decided they don't want him. NO OTHER REASON.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby bernabias_right_boot » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:44 pm

I love him for his goal against the scum at the swamp last year.

Whatever happens, I wish him well for his future, be it with us, or somewhere else.

I don't really care whether there are problems between players off the pitch or whether there is discord with the manager. As long as on a Saturday (or Monday or wednesday or Thursday or Sunday et al) when they run onto the pitch to play a competitive match in any competition, they play as a team and look to attack the opposition and win the game.

That is all I want as a City fan for nearly 40 years. I've seen some shite at this club in that time, and I have also seen some shite that were prepared to put in a shift and do their best for us. Win lose or draw, they'd played to their capacity. If this current squad of players can do that, they can be world beaters.

Bellamy always put in a shift at this club and we should remember that.
bernabias_right_boot
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Carlito

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:42 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

I've just wasted 4 fucking minutes of my life watching that wondering what it could possibly be that I'd forgotten & the answer is FUCK ALL. It's so accurate to what I've said that I could have scripted it myself!! If it's the playing time you're talking about, Bellamy was in at the start v Portland, doing exactly what I described, being given instructions by Bob & organising the team changes, then he was moved aside along with various other players, to accomodate the next bunch arriving, then dumped. He worked his balls off & wanted to play for City. He's been moved on because City decided they don't want him. NO OTHER REASON.

Well at least it's good for you to know you were right all along, I'm ashamed of myself for luring you into watching it! (But why didn't they want him Ted?)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:02 pm

From Marwood & Cook's point of view; he's coming to the end of his career, carrying an injury, on big money & knowing Bellamy, has probably told the pair of them what a pair of wankers they were for the way they dealt with the Hughes sacking.

From Bob's point of view; 1 less player to deal with other than Tevez etc who will potentially question his methods & if, as I recon, he'd always wanted Balotelli, someone who won't end up playing better than Balotelli & have the crowd shouting for him to take his place (as with Robinho) & end up chasing him round with a golf club after a training ground bust up for being A) a lazy twat B) a selfish twat.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:46 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:From Marwood & Cook's point of view; he's coming to the end of his career, carrying an injury, on big money & knowing Bellamy, has probably told the pair of them what a pair of wankers they were for the way they dealt with the Hughes sacking.

From Bob's point of view; 1 less player to deal with other than Tevez etc who will potentially question his methods & if, as I recon, he'd always wanted Balotelli, someone who won't end up playing better than Balotelli & have the crowd shouting for him to take his place (as with Robinho) & end up chasing him round with a golf club after a training ground bust up for being A) a lazy twat B) a selfish twat.

I can see how all that could well be true but I still think what happened at the beginning of this clip was the clincher.

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=KGL4AP47

press red button, when it turns green press again
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:53 pm

Fuck me. You're bringing nothing but your sad bitter views on bellamy to this thread. Like NQDP when Hughes was around, fuckin unbearable.
MARKMAKAVELI
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:59 pm

MARKMAKAVELI wrote:Fuck me. You're bringing nothing but your sad bitter views on bellamy to this thread. Like NQDP when Hughes was around, fuckin unbearable.

just a bit of grit in the oyster my friend
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum