Jo for Milner

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Jo for Milner

Postby shawzy » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:19 pm

Yup that win at the swamp was the best experience in recent yrs Ted.
Today was more a learning curve and what we are truly capable of.
Back on topic..Id love to know why Bobby picked Jo over Milner on the left? It worked but im very puzzled ha
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby john@staustell » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:33 am

Jo played well - surprisingly so - until the last half of the second half. Clearly trying him in the Balotelli position.

Wouldn't be too quick to slag off Milner though. Last week Barry was the boo boy, today he's the hero. If Milner had played today there'd be a thread saying how fanatstic he was. Sometimes Barry is rested, sometimes Milner, sometimes DeJong.

Knee Jerk Reactions
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby ryanmjo » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:04 am

shawzy wrote:Yup that win at the swamp was the best experience in recent yrs Ted.
Today was more a learning curve and what we are truly capable of.
Back on topic..Id love to know why Bobby picked Jo over Milner on the left? It worked but im very puzzled ha

To me there seemed to be an effort in the first half to distribute the ball long to Jo to knock the ball down. I don't think that's Milner's role.
ryanmjo
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Manx Blue » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:33 am

john@staustell wrote:Jo played well - surprisingly so - until the last half of the second half. Clearly trying him in the Balotelli position.

Wouldn't be too quick to slag off Milner though. Last week Barry was the boo boy, today he's the hero. If Milner had played today there'd be a thread saying how fanatstic he was. Sometimes Barry is rested, sometimes Milner, sometimes DeJong.

Knee Jerk Reactions

I may be tempted to play Jo against Stoke If I was Mancini.

Knowing Stoke as we do, with them being a physical outfit, I think Pulis would probably try and get one of his henchmen to get Balotelli to react and get sent off. I doubt he will have curbed his temper in two weeks, maybe I'm doing him an injustice, but we'll see.
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby dazby » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:18 am

Superjaw has the best jaw in the league, no doubt about that. Today we need something else. I'm sure there will be a game in thefuture when we'll need those strong jaw skills and we can unleash the jaw.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Florida Blue » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:10 am

Manx Blue wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Jo played well - surprisingly so - until the last half of the second half. Clearly trying him in the Balotelli position.

Knee Jerk Reactions

I may be tempted to play Jo against Stoke If I was Mancini.

Knowing Stoke as we do, with them being a physical outfit, I think Pulis would probably try and get one of his henchmen to get Balotelli to react and get sent off. I doubt he will have curbed his temper in two weeks, maybe I'm doing him an injustice, but we'll see.

I totally agree Jo should start for two reasons: he did nothing to suggest he was not up to task and like you said, Mario might be seeing red very early in the match.

Jo was a threat that had to be watched, we have not been crossing the ball with much impact, as we have had no vertical threat. Real or perceived Fulham had to watch him. Milner has not impressed me, but like others have said, just like Superman, he is being used out of position and it shows. Jo over Milner and Mario please.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby hongkongbluey » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:34 am

Or (and I've not spent time reading every post). Let's all take the 4-1 away that I'm stll celebrating at half five and shove a big fat finger in the general direction of all the naysaysers

HUZZAH
hongkongbluey
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

My favourite player is: SWP

Postby Trautmann » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:16 am

Burt wrote:Jo is not devoid of ability. Gollum wouldn't have taken him loan if he was. Likewise the Rusky team that he played for. How old is he 22? This is the type of player that top managers mould and encourage into being good team players. There's a lotta shite been chucked his way and some of it justified but I've not seen him mouthing anything off to the press the last couple of years. Let's give him a chance and back him eh. We've got nowt to lose.

Amen, Amen, Amen etc
Trautmann
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Superman's Underpants

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:36 am

Tbh, having seen some snippets of the game, I think Jo had a better game than I gave him (lack of) credit for but if only he could get rid of those half hearted diving moments where he pretends to challenge for the ball but chucks himself over & leaves the team exposed. That's what's missing all the time & he could be a proper player if he just stops doing it & gets stuck in.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wooders » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:35 pm

I think he would have something to offer played in the position that yaya was occupying yesterday - he's skillfull and has goals in him
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:00 pm

Jo did a fine job yesterday.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:01 pm

You wouldn’t think Jo played for our City the way some have gone on. Yeah he aint anyone’s cup of tea and he has flattered to deceive at times but he plays for us and whether we like it or not we should support anyone that pulls that shirt on.

There have been many players over the years that I have not liked but i would never boo them or get on their backs while they were playing. How can people moaning and booing a player help him perform?? I don’t particular like Ade or Bridge but I will support them while they play for my club and are on the pitch.

I thought Jo did a job yesterday, nothing out of this world but was part of an excellent team performance. Long may it continue.
Sister of fu

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Mike J » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:02 pm

fair play to him, i thought he did well. played a part in the 1st 3 goals. should change a winning team imo.
Mike J

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby 1950 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:25 pm

He certainly was a good long ball option in this game as pointed out here:

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/11/22/fulham-1-4-manchester-city-tactics
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: د.إ

Postby saulman » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:00 pm

Burt wrote:Jo is not devoid of ability. Gollum wouldn't have taken him loan if he was. Likewise the Rusky team that he played for. How old is he 22? This is the type of player that top managers mould and encourage into being good team players. There's a lotta shite been chucked his way and some of it justified but I've not seen him mouthing anything off to the press the last couple of years. Let's give him a chance and back him eh. We've got nowt to lose.

Spot on. Well said.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beeks » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:05 pm

I don't think Milner has ever been destined to play on the wing...he is a central midfielder IMO and should alternated with Barry

I don't understand all the hate about him...he is a very good player and a workhorse...far better than the one we swapped him with
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:07 pm

Let's not get all carried away. We played with 10 men and Krusty the Clown yesterday. Jo is pap and we need to get rid of him.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:14 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Let's not get all carried away. We played with 10 men and Krusty the Clown yesterday. Jo is pap and we need to get rid of him.

Nowt like supporting the boys who play in the blue shirt!!!
Sister of fu

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:16 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Let's not get all carried away. We played with 10 men and Krusty the Clown yesterday. Jo is pap and we need to get rid of him.

Nowt like supporting the boys who play in the blue shirt!!!

For fucks sake, I have been one of the biggest Jo apologist around here but fact is he is softer than my nana.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Beeks » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:20 pm

For the SECOND time it's sideshow bob
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum