Jo for Milner

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Jo for Milner

Postby Tru_Blu » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:41 pm

I was so happy to finally see Milner sitting the bench. Super Jaw does nothing for us on the left. He does not have a footballers brain and non-thinkers get exposed in a Mancini team. I hope he continues to ride the pine until his game improves, cause i do not believe Mancini plans to play him in the middle. Maybe just as a technical change during a game, but that's it.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Re: Jo for Milner

Postby saulman » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:56 pm

I think Milner would be better suited in one of the midfield three. Possibly when Barry gets injured?

I was surprised to see Jo in the starting line up, and if I'm honest, I was pleasantly surprised. He did well pre-season and showed some signs early on. I would love for him to work his way into our starting 11 on merit. First start in 2 years? Well done Jo.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Tru_Blu » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:01 pm

The one thing i notice about Jo after the Evilturn loan is his work rate. I mean he still can't stand up to save his life but again much more effective than no brains super jaw wasting space.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu

Postby shawzy » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:04 pm

I was verY shocked to see Mancini play Jo in the same role as Milner on the left....Jo put a big shift in today..Held the ball and laid it off brilliantly.He did fade abit 2nd half but id like to see him get a 2nd chance and play in the next game.
City were fuckin immense today with that startin 11.
shawzy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:08 pm

I thought Milner was having a spell as our best attacker at the point when Bob took him off v Brum but it's true that the main reason we signed him was because of his midfield performances at Villa, absolutely not for his wing play.

Jo did as he was told today & it helped balance the team but to suggest he was actually good is pushing the limits of imagination imo. Bob must believe that Ade is too indisciplined to do that job, as he's twice the player Jo is. It's a pity he can't prove himself worthy of trust to play that position when needed.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Tru_Blu » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:16 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I thought Milner was having a spell as our best attacker at the point when Bob took him off v Brum but it's true that the main reason we signed him was because of his midfield performances at Villa, absolutely not for his wing play.

Jo did as he was told today & it helped balance the team but to suggest he was actually good is pushing the limits of imagination imo. Bob must believe that Ade is too indisciplined to do that job, as he's twice the player Jo is. It's a pity he can't prove himself worthy of trust to play that position when needed.

I never intended to say Jo is at all a great magician and i would love lack luster Abe to fit in, but he is on the out. I was glad to get the brazil flash(ok sparkle) than the english grit today.

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu

Postby Fesan » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:17 pm

Did we see any hints of this in the training reporst either before the international break or on fri/sat? Cannot remember any myself and I usually read them? Or maybe Jo had a spell in the international side vs Argentina?

Would love to see Mancini giving players a shot because of good spells in training and not just on a whim or because others are doing not as good, but nomatter why it seemed to work and he contributed both offensively and defensively so happy for him and hope he can get a few games as he seems like a nice fella'. After all he cost us like 20m so should have some potential:-)

I mean how often have we seen Ade complain about playingtime in the papers this season? Cannot recall Jo talking in the papers, just doing his talking on the field.. respect:-)

(Did not mention RSC talking in the papers because I don't blame him, he's been told he is for sale so..).
Fesan
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby bluechester » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:41 pm

am i the only one, who has been disappointed with milner since he as joined us
bluechester
Superman's Underpants

Postby ryanmjo » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:50 pm

bluechester wrote:am i the only one, who has been disappointed with milner since he as joined us

Certainly not.
ryanmjo
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:54 pm

I'm I the only one that feels very sorry for Milner. He is a box to box CM and iv only ever seen him on the left and then the right. I think the critisim aimed at him is a tad harsh as last season at Villa he was one of the best in the prem in that postion. Hopefully he will get his chance in the middle and show us all what he can do.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby shawzy » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:54 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I thought Milner was having a spell as our best attacker at the point when Bob took him off v Brum but it's true that the main reason we signed him was because of his midfield performances at Villa, absolutely not for his wing play.

So you say he balanced the team but your still sayin he wasnt good? He put a shift in didnt he? Bloody daft comment..Im all for Jo bein in the 1st team next game..Mancini got it right today with that 1st 11.
shawzy

Postby colonel_muck » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:58 pm

i was worried about signing milner, because there was a good chance that last season he was the previous season's stephen ireland. and it certainly looks that way. i feel sorry for him because he played right accross the whole midfield sensationally at villa, but he just seems so nervous on the ball, he has no confidence and unfortunately for him sitting on the bench isn't going to get it back. but i do believe mancini has given him a fair amount of time to settle in, he's been poor for a while now.
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:00 pm

shawzy wrote:

So you say he balanced the team but your still sayin he wasnt good? He put a shift in didnt he? Bloody daft comment..Im all for Jo bein in the 1st team next game..Mancini got it right today with that 1st 11.

I don't think he did anything any other attacker in the squad couldn't have done but he kapt his discipline positionally & I think the fact that he's technically a striker was clever psychology from Bob to give the team a more positive mentality. Good though? Nah sorry can't agree. He did ok in some parts & gave away the ball badly in others.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:03 pm

His 1st touch wasa lot btter as was his hold up play.

He doesn't look like beating a man or playing a killer ball, which might just be confidence right now, or it could be lack of ability. Time will tell.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Spurge » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:47 pm

Sister of fu wrote:I'm I the only one that feels very sorry for Milner. He is a box to box CM and iv only ever seen him on the left and then the right. I think the critisim aimed at him is a tad harsh as last season at Villa he was one of the best in the prem in that postion. Hopefully he will get his chance in the middle and show us all what he can do.

Milners best game for City to date was his debut - he's found it tough since, but I agree his best position in central midfield and as suggested already on this thread, I'm sure at some stage his time will come as a result of an injury or suspension.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:01 pm

Spurge wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:I'm I the only one that feels very sorry for Milner. He is a box to box CM and iv only ever seen him on the left and then the right. I think the critisim aimed at him is a tad harsh as last season at Villa he was one of the best in the prem in that postion. Hopefully he will get his chance in the middle and show us all what he can do.

Milners best game for City to date was his debut - he's found it tough since, but I agree his best position in central midfield and as suggested already on this thread, I'm sure at some stage his time will come as a result of an injury or suspension.

Well let's hope that he don't go the same way as a certain Steve Mcmaaaannnnnammm who i also recall having a great debut then not doing much else, well apart from point a lot.
Sister of fu

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby shawzy » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:10 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
shawzy wrote:

I don't think he did anything any other attacker in the squad couldn't have done but he kapt his discipline positionally & I think the fact that he's technically a striker was clever psychology from Bob to give the team a more positive mentality. Good though? Nah sorry can't agree. He did ok in some parts & gave away the ball badly in others.

Iv not seen anyone on the left wing this season that has played better so thats maybe why he he has stood out....Fookin chuffed with the blues today m8..Best performance of the season from all.
shawzy

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:25 pm

shawzy wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
shawzy wrote:

Iv not seen anyone on the left wing this season that has played better so thats maybe why he he has stood out....Fookin chuffed with the blues today m8..Best performance of the season from all.

Best away performance since Sven's Munich day silencer imo. Chelsea 2nd half was good but we should have been 4 down by half time. Fantastic 1st half today.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Burt » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:28 pm

Jo is not devoid of ability. Gollum wouldn't have taken him loan if he was. Likewise the Rusky team that he played for. How old is he 22? This is the type of player that top managers mould and encourage into being good team players. There's a lotta shite been chucked his way and some of it justified but I've not seen him mouthing anything off to the press the last couple of years. Let's give him a chance and back him eh. We've got nowt to lose.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt

Postby Dameerto » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:11 pm

jo was heavily involved in at least one of the goals, he was doing a useful job as a target when needed too (some flick ons and held it up decently) - he was also useful defensively at set pieces.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum