It's a MUST win...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: It's a MUST win...

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:44 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:
LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:"A must win". Possibly the stupidest of all the football clichés.

Sorry mum but I was "generalising" so to speak

It's not that, it's just that I don't think any games in the mid season are 'must win'. Knockouts? Finals? End of season deciders? Yes.

Fwiw, I also don't think losing/ drawing tomorrow will be any more or less important than last week or the following week. Not sure not winning will also see the manager out on his arse either.

And what about the point of view from the supporters and media stance? Also, wouldn't a loss have a significant impact how Mancio was viewed by the players and board? What about this board?

You may as well say that nothing matters and therefore, no need to support them; it'd just be like, emotionless.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:59 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:
LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:"A must win". Possibly the stupidest of all the football clichés.

It's not that, it's just that I don't think any games in the mid season are 'must win'. Knockouts? Finals? End of season deciders? Yes.

Fwiw, I also don't think losing/ drawing tomorrow will be any more or less important than last week or the following week. Not sure not winning will also see the manager out on his arse either.

And what about the point of view from the supporters and media stance? Also, wouldn't a loss have a significant impact how Mancio was viewed by the players and board? What about this board?

You may as well say that nothing matters and therefore, no need to support them; it'd just be like, emotionless.

If last week wasn't a must win then how exactly is this week? You can only have so many must wins before the meaning of the phrase becomes entirely diluted.

I just don't see it. If we draw tomorrow and win the next 10 then the match becomes less relevant by the game. For me must win is MUST win and I don't see the particular importance to this one.

This is my point, I don't know why I have to over explain it to people who are just going to throw snide lines about "Being heard" at me. Just because one lunatic has decided to be abusive towards me doesn't mean you have to follow suit.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Manx Blue » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:05 pm

Manx Blue wrote:

I disagree mum... Games/ victories can spark a run of form...look at Everton and kendal n 84... Robins/ ferguson and the rags 90 cup win. Let's win it... It could be the start of something special
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:10 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:

If last week wasn't a must win then how exactly is this week? You can only have so many must wins before the meaning of the phrase becomes entirely diluted.

I just don't see it. If we draw tomorrow and win the next 10 then the match becomes less relevant by the game. For me must win is MUST win and I don't see the particular importance to this one.

This is my point, I don't know why I have to over explain it to people who are just going to throw snide lines about "Being heard" at me. Just because one lunatic has decided to be abusive towards me doesn't mean you have to follow suit.

Relax mate, I think it was just a matter of you seemingly having a pop yourself, sometimes you do come across in that fashion.

But for me, the question should be asked due to our current form and historical record with regard to management. There are also some on here who have based many of their positive Mancini debates on our current top 4 position, and that does have implications. My god, even GG is saying it's a must win.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Chopper » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:33 pm

Hug it out bitches.

Not worried about this one, Hughes will play for a draw and we will just nick it.
Chopper

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Dolemite

Postby Manx Blue » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:41 pm

Who's with me City to win..."Hug it out bitches" or Stick on some Phil Collins and calm yourself down, ffs
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby dazby » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:43 pm

To be fair, listening to Phil Collins would make me want to kill.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Swales4ever » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:00 pm

I'm with Manx on topic, but with Dazzler on Phil Collins. A very sad day when Peter Gabriel left...

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Blue in the face » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:11 am

Manx Blue wrote:Who's with me City to win..."Hug it out bitches" or Stick on some Phil Collins and calm yourself down, ffs

I'm with you Manx.

Well more or less.

Well less really. Last night I put $20 on us to win but chickened out and reduced it to $10.
Blue in the face
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby Socrates » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:23 am

CityGer wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
CityGer wrote:

Grow up and cheer up, you sad, miserable cunt. I almost liked you for about 2 days but again you expose youself as a cunt who is so depressed in his own life that the only kick he can get out of life is to troll internet forums for thing he 'disagrees' with.

You're a sad cunt, a pedantic sad cunt, and you need to get a life.

Don't hold back pal, just let it all out.

Check the amended post. He is a disgrace to the board.

OTT mate, if your analysis is wrong then no harm done, except to your own reputation, but if it is right, and he is depressed, then your post will help how exactly? I can see why you have a problem with him, he isn't my favourite poster either, but bullying a person you suspect is already down is very, very low and should be stamped out of every playground, including this one!
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Socrates » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:33 am

Definitely with Dazby and Mancio on Phil Collins. He's a twat that makes shit music. That said, how long can Gabriel live on Salisbury Hill?

Tomorrow isn't a 'must' win. It's a 'fuckmeireallyreallyreallyreallywantto' win though! On every level. Imagine 14 games in and only 3 points off the top? That would be sooooooooooooooooooooooo nice. Time to play some Astrud Gilberto :o)
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:38 am

Chopper wrote:Hug it out bitches.

Not worried about this one, Hughes will play for a draw and we will just nick it.

I think he'll go for a win & we'll exploit it & turn them over. Well I hope so. If he plays for a draw we'll probably join in.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Grob » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:35 am

Sure is a must win tomorrow for the club. Hughes getting one over on us is unthinkable. Mark wasnt widely known for his tactical accumen which bodes well for dead mancini walking at least. Surely he cant mess this up?
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Biamp » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:58 am

It's not as a must win, as it will put us in a more comfortable way, and getting 4th spot once again.
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby zuricity » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:40 am

Socrates wrote:Definitely with Dazby and Mancio on Phil Collins. He's a twat that makes shit music. That said, how long can Gabriel live on Salisbury Hill?

Tomorrow isn't a 'must' win. It's a 'fuckmeireallyreallyreallyreallywantto' win though! On every level. Imagine 14 games in and only 3 points off the top? That would be sooooooooooooooooooooooo nice. Time to play some Astrud Gilberto :o)

Actually Socs old man, Peter Gabriel only ever climbed Solsbury Hill, just outside Bath ( and a beautiful view is to be had !). Furthermore he never lived there.

Anyway, I prefer John 'speedy' keen's , "something in the air". I will agree will all parties though, Phil Collins should stick to hanging around with Rock n Roll bands.

Now to the title ( of this thread !) . A must win, well of course every game is a must win. However, given the fact that Arsenal can only beat teams that get men sent off and other teams are giving united the same treatment ( ie voluntarily getting their players sent off to help untied to get three points, a la wigan), anything goes , so even if we don't win all our aways games , we mustn't lose and also we have to start turning teams over at home . Perhaps today will be that catalyst We have a damn good run in to the Away game at the Arse' and we should start collecting some big wins. Not least Fulham and Stoke away.

At Stoke we definitely need to put our tallest player right in front of their long throw ins. :-))

On another point, I'm a bit sick and tired of reading about Mancini being boring, it isn't true. Teves screwed up at Sunderland, Blackburn was a disgraceful Ref performance, United came not to lose as did Birmingham ( who managed to get three points from the ever brilliant Chelsea). For example.

We will slow Bolton's progress at home soon as well.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:32 am

Chopper wrote:Hug it out bitches.

As opposed to us who play full blooded attacking football, giving the game everything and taking risks in order to win a game.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby ruralblue » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:53 am

We WILL turn up, Mancini WILL play Silva behind a line of Ade and Tevez, we WILL only play two defensive midfielders, our defence WILL be water tight and we WILL give the cottagers a jolly good fooking spanking.

City 9 - Fulham 0.

And if that don't happen I will eat no fucking hats!

Off to work to try get rid of this bastard of a hangover!
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Swales4ever » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:59 am

Socrates wrote:Definitely with Dazby and Mancio on Phil Collins. He's a twat that makes shit music. That said, how long can Gabriel live on Salisbury Hill?

You really know how to get me wet, even if we both are hetero... :-)
Time to be 3 points below to top, listen some very good music and start a proper celebration... Let's roll on 6 p.m. in style!

No better way to come upon Trent full of confidence...

Re. Salisbury Hill, You're right once again: a further reason why He should have continued to crawl the carpet... :-)

Enjoy Siam, Pal.
Last edited by Swales4ever on Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:08 am

Manx Blue wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:

I disagree mum... Games/ victories can spark a run of form...look at Everton and kendal n 84... Robins/ ferguson and the rags 90 cup win. Let's win it... It could be the start of something special

I sort of agree that winning today is not critical to our season. A win and yes, we maybe all start to feel a bit happier. A draw and we are back in 4th place, a defeat and we are not really a whole lot worse off than we were on Friday before the weekend's games. Yes, it will be another opportunity passed, but losing away from home vs Fulham is not the end of the world.

I pretty ambivalent today, I have low expectations after what we have seen recently, and feel that the chances of winning, losing or drawing are pretty equal, but were we to lose, I'm not sure I would be all that bothered in the big scheme of things, as we can make up for it by learning how to break teams down who park the bus to win at home again - that to me is the crucial aspect to our season.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:27 am

johnpb78 wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:

I sort of agree that winning today is not critical to our season. A win and yes, we maybe all start to feel a bit happier. A draw and we are back in 4th place, a defeat and we are not really a whole lot worse off than we were on Friday before the weekend's games. Yes, it will be another opportunity passed, but losing away from home vs Fulham is not the end of the world.

I pretty ambivalent today, I have low expectations after what we have seen recently, and feel that the chances of winning, losing or drawing are pretty equal, but were we to lose, I'm not sure I would be all that bothered in the big scheme of things, as we can make up for it by learning how to break teams down who park the bus to win at home again - that to me is the crucial aspect to our season.

We actually look better away from home as teams attack us, leaving space for us to exploit.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum