It's a MUST win...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

It's a MUST win...

Postby Manx Blue » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:29 pm

I'm stating the obvious...but not from the point of view of a "Mancini Out"-er, which I'm not.

Last week we didn't capitalise on circumstances for one reason or another. But Tomorrow we have to win to capitalise on what's gone on this week, with Chelsea losing and Arsenal losing and the chasing pack getting closer to us.

If we do, then our confidence will grow for the rest of the month and December. For those going down there, give Leslie our best, and of course get behind our lads.

May the force be with you
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Re: It's a MUST win...

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:48 pm

I just want us to be positive and actually go for the win..............but to be honest I dont think we will..we will sit back for most of the game like we have done for the most part of this season and will get a draw....thats how fucking positive I have become.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Manx Blue » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:52 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I just want us to be positive and actually go for the win..............but to be honest I dont think we will..we will sit back for most of the game like we have done for the most part of this season and will get a draw....thats how fucking positive I have become.

Maybe the response from the crowd will have raised a few eyelids...I hope so

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby brite blu sky » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:09 pm

Manx Blue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:I just want us to be positive and actually go for the win..............but to be honest I dont think we will..we will sit back for most of the game like we have done for the most part of this season and will get a draw....thats how fucking positive I have become.

Maybe the response from the crowd will have raised a few eyelids...I hope so

I dont, not really.. at least not away from home anyhow, i'd go for him being right about that tbh. If it were at home i would agree with what Carl is saying, but we and he can afford to stay tight and hit them when we can. As your OP it is a must win. A draw and a lot of moaning will ensue..( and this place will go into meltdown) a loss and Mancini could be in trouble, again i doubt it but you never know.
My take is that Mancini simply sees the current lack as not taking our chances when we get them.
For the people who expect us to go gung-ho, i dont think we are likely to see anything resembling that until the players have really got it together as a unit, then regardless of Mancini they will be able to turn it on as and when they are in the collective mood.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby avoidconfusion » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:33 pm

Not sure if it is a MUST win for Mancini though as 1 point will get him back into 4th....
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:36 pm

"A must win". Possibly the stupidest of all the football clichés.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:57 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:"A must win". Possibly the stupidest of all the football clichés.

What about - 'If that was on target, it'd've been a goal'?

Definately a 6 pointer this one.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby CityGer » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:58 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:"A must win". Possibly the stupidest of all the football clichés.

Shock horror, LookmumImtryingtobedifferent, mocks a post and dodges giving his own thoughts......

LookmumImockjustabouteverythingbutneverpostmyownviewsbecauseimawetblouseandacunt

Why don't you just scrap your status on here and become a Humour Mod?? Any sign of humour and you're on to it!!!

Grow up and cheer up, you sad, miserable cunt. I almost liked you for about 2 days but again you expose youself as a cunt who is so depressed in his own life that the only kick he can get out of life is to troll internet forums for thing he 'disagrees' with.

You're a sad cunt, a pedantic sad cunt, and you need to get a life.
Last edited by CityGer on Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:01 pm

CityGer wrote:

Grow up and cheer up, you sad, miserable cunt. I almost liked you for about 2 days but again you expose youself as a cunt who is so depressed in his own life that the only kick he can get out of life is to troll internet forums for thing he 'disagrees' with.

Don't hold back pal, just let it all out.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:06 pm

CityGer wrote:

Shock horror, LookmumImtryingtobedifferent, mocks a post and dodges giving his own thoughts......

LookmumImockjustabouteverythingbutneverpostmyownviewsbecauseimawetblouseandacunt

Why don't you just scrap your status on here and become a Humour Mod?? Any sign of humour and you're on to it!!!

LOL!
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby CityGer » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:07 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
CityGer wrote:

Check the amended post. He is a disgrace to the board.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Manx Blue » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:15 pm

Sorry mum but I was "generalising" so to speak

Manx Blue

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:17 pm

CityGer wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
CityGer wrote:

Check the amended post. He is a disgrace to the board.

Thought the first post was good enough.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Manx Blue » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:20 pm

when I mean must, chaps, if we can get three points, it will draw us nearer, but it will take some much needed pressure of the club/ manager/ players from the media for a week at least

Manx Blue

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:27 pm

Manx Blue wrote:when I mean must, chaps, if we can get three points, it will draw us nearer, but it will take some much needed pressure of the club/ manager/ players from the media for a week at least

I think we all knew what you mean't mate, some people just need to be heard.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:37 pm

Would be great to win tomorrow, but i think sadly we will get beat. Hope im wrong
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Manx Blue » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:39 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:when I mean must, chaps, if we can get three points, it will draw us nearer, but it will take some much needed pressure of the club/ manager/ players from the media for a week at least

I think we all knew what you mean't mate, some people just need to be heard.

Ok Beef...

Manx Blue

Postby Manx Blue » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:40 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:Would be great to win tomorrow, but i think sadly we will get beat. Hope im wrong

You will be you scoundrel! ;)

Manx Blue

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:27 pm

Manx Blue wrote:

Sorry mum but I was "generalising" so to speak

It's not that, it's just that I don't think any games in the mid season are 'must win'. Knockouts? Finals? End of season deciders? Yes.

Fwiw, I also don't think losing/ drawing tomorrow will be any more or less important than last week or the following week. Not sure not winning will also see the manager out on his arse either.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby dazby » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:30 pm

CityGer wrote:

this Pms is taking fricking ages Ger. Get over to off topic and tell us what's bothering you. Poor ducky.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum