Squad overhaul - Dzeko & Luiz in, dross out

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Squad overhaul - Dzeko & Luiz in, dross out

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:13 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:We can buy all the players we want but then it's down to managing them and blending them into a winning side. In theory we have the 11 he wants when Mario is available so where exactly would new players fit in? You don't spend £40 million on a player just to be a squad player.

They were all Hughes players though........
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Moonchesteri » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:25 pm

I fail to see why we should get rid of any players apart from RSC perhaps in January. And RSC's departure would only be justified if we do land Dzeko/other target.
Similarly if, say Bridge, was to go - we would need to have the replacement already sorted.

No need, no reason whatsoever to weaken the squad in January. If players are to be offloaded that should be in the summer.

Also, should Given go in January - it should be a loan with a clause we can call him back whenever we want to.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby john@staustell » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:56 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:I fail to see why we should get rid of any players apart from RSC perhaps in January. And RSC's departure would only be justified if we do land Dzeko/other target.
Similarly if, say Bridge, was to go - we would need to have the replacement already sorted.

No need, no reason whatsoever to weaken the squad in January. If players are to be offloaded that should be in the summer.

Also, should Given go in January - it should be a loan with a clause we can call him back whenever we want to.

Rumour has it Bridge's agent and SWP's dad have pissed the club off so much that their dire on-field performances are just the icing on the cake. There is more reason than one for shifting folk out, though these 2 achieve at least 2 of them!

Zabaleta seems to be Kolarov's cover, then there's Lescott, then there's Cunningham......................

SWP would not be missed except for sentimental value. His departure would actually strengthen the squad these days!!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:12 am

john@staustell wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:I fail to see why we should get rid of any players apart from RSC perhaps in January. And RSC's departure would only be justified if we do land Dzeko/other target.

Rumour has it Bridge's agent and SWP's dad have pissed the club off so much that their dire on-field performances are just the icing on the cake. There is more reason than one for shifting folk out, though these 2 achieve at least 2 of them!

Zabaleta seems to be Kolarov's cover, then there's Lescott, then there's Cunningham......................

SWP would not be missed except for sentimental value. His departure would actually strengthen the squad these days!!

I think Zabba playing out of position at left back, is better than Bridge playing in position at left back. Zabba learns quickly & is getting better during every season whilst some get worse. I don't really think Bridge is shit though tbf, he's just so fucking average. Ok for where we were, no real use for where we want to go.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:06 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

I think Zabba playing out of position at left back, is better than Bridge playing in position at left back. Zabba learns quickly & is getting better during every season whilst some get worse. I don't really think Bridge is shit though tbf,
he's just so fucking average
. Ok for where we were, no real use for where we want to go.

That's the best description for Bridge that I have seen so far. We can't win anything with average players.
Agree with many of the posts that Ade and Lescott should not be in the list of players leaving. I don't know this Luiz but is he really much better than Lescott ??
BTW, can anyone from those who follow the German League let us know how Jayko is doing this season .
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum