Training Friday 19/11

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Friday 19/11

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:41 pm

Plenty missing in today's session. Yaya with an eye infection,Richards ribs, Lescott foot ,Barry don't know. Boateng was out at the start but after some jogging went inside and Nigel only worked with a physio rather than the main group. Joe Hart came out late and was working 1 to 1 when I left. Michael Johnson was doing some running work with a physio.

It really was a low key and very short session too. After an initial jog and a little time in a keep ball circle they played a game on about a 40% size pitch but it was lacking any intensity at all. Goals going in at both ends with teams not seeming to be bothered.It started at about 11.15 and they had gone in at 11.50!Only Tevez left of the outfield players when I left and he was working with Mancini on some finishing practice.

It was suggested to me that they might come out again later.Vaguely possible but I doubt it as Mancini will be more concerned at anyone aggravating any slight problems they already have or just picking up an injury.Any meaningful preparation for Sunday will more likely be tomorrow before going to London.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Friday 19/11

Postby john68 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:12 pm

Cheers Doug.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:17 pm

Thanks Doug. Sounded like a real winters here morning.. everyone a bit asleep.
My main concern is generating some intensity before the Fulham game.. thank fucl we at least have the extra day as they need to go to Fulham and play their socks off.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:23 pm

I've been waiting all week for your report Doug, and the team have let you down. Thought today's session would've been a hot affair but it all seems to have turned out a little flat.

So, did Carlos' and Roberto's little session look more of a 'are we still friends' style session, or merely some advice on shooting from an ex-pro?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:31 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I've been waiting all week for your report Doug, and the team have let you down. Thought today's session would've been a hot affair but it all seems to have turned out a little flat.

So, did Carlos' and Roberto's little session look more of a 'are we still friends' style session, or merely some advice on shooting from an ex-pro?

Neither really. My take was "Carlos is fit again and wanting to sharpen up his shooting" Mancini was taking more of a watching brief than advising from what I could see.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:35 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:I've been waiting all week for your report Doug, and the team have let you down. Thought today's session would've been a hot affair but it all seems to have turned out a little flat.

Neither really. My take was "Carlos is fit again and wanting to sharpen up his shooting" Mancini was taking more of a watching brief than advising from what I could see.

Cheers mate, was just wondering what the mood was like after the crowd outbursts last weekend; are the players still respecting/getting on with the manager?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:46 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

Cheers mate, was just wondering what the mood was like after the crowd outbursts last weekend; are the players still respecting/getting on with the manager?

Didn't really see any interaction with the manager to be fair. I was chatting with another fan today who used to come along and watch a lot but hasnt been able to get along for a while. He commented that there seemed to be nothing coming from the coaches in the way of coaching advice or encouragement or even just having a go.That being contrary to what he used to see going on.

Mancini usually has direct input but that's reserved for when they go onto a different pitch with the team for the next game and they haven't actually done that in the last few sessions I have witnessed.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:56 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

Didn't really see any interaction with the manager to be fair. I was chatting with another fan today who used to come along and watch a lot but hasnt been able to get along for a while. He commented that there seemed to be nothing coming from the coaches in the way of coaching advice or encouragement or even just having a go.That being contrary to what he used to see going on.

Mancini usually has direct input but that's reserved for when they go onto a different pitch with the team for the next game and they haven't actually done that in the last few sessions I have witnessed.

I noticed that Mancini stays out of matters when I came down, choosing to leave it to Lombardo/Kidd. If they are now being quiet it leads me to think that things have been said behind close doors, leading to a subdued atmosphere. Or, it could just be the session.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Fesan » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:08 pm

Man I hope they have hours upon hours of tactical stuff indoors or something because these short sessions outdoors seems like a low workload for someone earning that kind of dosh:P

Thanks again for the report, as prob. everyone else here I've been waiting all week to hear some "inside info" on my favorite team:-) Keep up the good work!
Fesan
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Return to The Maine Football forum