Kranjar?!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Kranjar?!

Postby horlock2000 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:28 am

This guy is absolute class?!
Anyone think we could find a space for him in jan?
horlock2000
Robinho's Step Over

Re: Kranjar?!

Postby halnone » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:56 am

I'm assuming you mean kranjcar; yes, he's a fantastic player. I'm not sure if he's what we need though.
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Slim » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:57 am

Absolutely, can play in the middle or on either flank and is willing and able to run at players and force openings. Could hold a first team spot in this squad or make an instant impact off the bench.

Question is, how much will Twitchy want?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:23 am

Inconsistency personified. Can be brilliant occasionally but when it's not happening to him, he is useless. Kind of like Robinho, you know what I'm saying.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Esky » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:43 am

Elano Mk.II.
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby CityFanFromRome » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:07 am

What about Modric then? I like him far more than Kranjcar, don't know if he can play on the wings (I think so though) but in the middle he's a top playmaker.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:11 am

CityFanFromRome wrote:What about Modric then? I like him far more than Kranjcar, don't know if he can play on the wings (I think so though) but in the middle he's a top playmaker.

I like Modric but I have bit of trouble with his effiency as out and out playmaker. I mean, despite his slight build he is actually more of a box-to-box midfielder for me. He tackles well, opens counterattacks well but isn't that oftne there in the final third. Personally I feel we need a player to that attacking third creating chances and chipping in with odd goal. Modric could perhaps do that role though?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Sister of fu » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:23 am

CityFanFromRome wrote:What about Modric then? I like him far more than Kranjcar, don't know if he can play on the wings (I think so though) but in the middle he's a top playmaker.

If we signed him we would play him at right back!
Sister of fu

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Esky » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:26 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

I like Modric but I have bit of trouble with his effiency as out and out playmaker. I mean, despite his slight build he is actually more of a box-to-box midfielder for me. He tackles well, opens counterattacks well but isn't that oftne there in the final third. Personally I feel we need a player to that attacking third creating chances and chipping in with odd goal. Modric could perhaps do that role though?

Agree with that. Impressive player but when you've got Bale/Lennon/VdV/Kranjcar/(Bentley) in the same side, something has to give. Whenever I've seen them this season, Modric has sat just ahead of Huddlestone (or Palacios) and done the box-to-box thing.

Spurs wouldn't sell anyone to us though (and on recent evidence it'd be a sideways move at best).
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby Burt » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:45 am

I don't like Crouch.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:48 am

who would he replace in our current best starting 11? Answer = nobody, he can't even make the spurs team which is why he is spitting his dummy out.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Slim » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:04 am

Wonderwall wrote:who would he replace in our current best starting 11? Answer = nobody, he can't even make the spurs team which is why he is spitting his dummy out.

Did you see the performance against Birmingham? Maybe a few of those players could with a couple of games on the bench as a wake up call. But no no, you're right, let's sit them down and start SWP on the left or French Pat in the middle, that's worked a treat so far.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Fish111 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:27 am

According to Xfm this morning we are due to ressurrect our interest in Danny Alves again after Barca refused to move on his contract negotiations.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:34 am

I think he's a good player who would fit into our system perfectly. We could play a 4-1-5 and get rid of Carlos - no need for an attacker in our game ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:53 am

As has been said; good one day invisible the next.

As for Modric; poor man's Silva imo without the pace or strength or general ability. Imo the reason he's playing at Spurs & was relatively cheap is because he's a so called creative player who doesen't score goals, shoot from distance, put in a decent cross or take a decent free kick. (See Ireland)
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:03 am

Wonderwall wrote:who would he replace in our current best starting 11? Answer = nobody, he can't even make the spurs team which is why he is spitting his dummy out.

Well, if SWP is really moving in Jan, then Kranjcar would be a good replacement. Doesn't mean he will start but a good player to bring in when needed.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:08 am

Dubaimancityfan wrote:

Well, if SWP is really moving in Jan, then Kranjcar would be a good replacement. Doesn't mean he will start but a good player to bring in when needed.

I'd be a decent replacement for SWP on current form, sad to say. I think we should aim higher than both.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:13 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Dubaimancityfan wrote:

I'd be a decent replacement for SWP on current form, sad to say. I think we should aim higher than both.

Agree with you Ted that we should (and can) aim higher but as a short term solution, a player like Kranjcar with loads of PL experience can be very useful.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:24 am

Dubaimancityfan wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Dubaimancityfan wrote:

Agree with you Ted that we should (and can) aim higher but as a short term solution, a player like Kranjcar with loads of PL experience can be very useful.

I too think he'd do a job but I also think we're trimming the squad & bringing in young talent so he doesn't fit the profile.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beeks » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:27 am

Have we been linked? or has this just been pulled out of thin air along the lines of 'Where would Messi fit in if we signed him'
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum