Thought you couldn't get in (Mythbuster)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Thought you couldn't get in (Mythbuster)

Postby globalbollox » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:57 pm

Liistening to talksport (yeh I know) in the car earlier and that twunt Adrian Durham(sp) was running a competition with the prize of 2 tickets for the Scum v Wigan. After the comp' he then said that anyone wishing to go to the match should ring the ticket office on 0161............. as there were still plenty of tickets available!!!!

I always thought you had to wait 10 years to get a ticket?

It's the first time I've heard any club trawling for fans on that station, especially the supposedly biggest club in the world (My arse).
globalbollox
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Re: Thought you couldn't get in (Mythbuster)

Postby Burt » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:08 pm

globalbollox wrote:Liistening to talksport (yeh I know) in the car earlier and that twunt Adrian Durham(sp) was running a competition with the prize of 2 tickets for the Scum v Wigan. After the comp' he then said that anyone wishing to go to the match should ring the ticket office on 0161............. as there were still plenty of tickets available!!!!

It's the first time I've heard any club trawling for fans on that station, especially the supposedly biggest club in the world (My arse).

I've been ramming this down the back of devilworshippers throats for the last couple of years mate. They used to preach to us that they would sell out their ground twice over for EVERY single game.

As in the words of Corporal Jones "They don't like it up em do they Captain Mainwaring!"
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:22 pm

Burt wrote:
globalbollox wrote:Liistening to talksport (yeh I know) in the car earlier and that twunt Adrian Durham(sp) was running a competition with the prize of 2 tickets for the Scum v Wigan. After the comp' he then said that anyone wishing to go to the match should ring the ticket office on 0161............. as there were still plenty of tickets available!!!!

I've been ramming this down the back of devilworshippers throats for the last couple of years mate. They used to preach to us that they would sell out their ground twice over for EVERY single game.

As in the words of Corporal Jones "They don't like it up em do they Captain Mainwaring!"

My mrs went to the socceraid game, and had to buy through mufc online. She specifically opted out of marketing, but has been getting texts ever since about tickets being available for every single game. Not only are they not selling out, they are breaking the law trying to get punters to buy tickets
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby 9secondlegend » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:53 pm

they had a quarter page advert in the sun the other day saying they had tickets available for the next 3 games!
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Fish111 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:19 am

The Irish economy has really fucked up their attendances.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Scatman » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:22 am

Fish111 wrote:The Irish economy has really fucked up their attendances.

Nail on the head
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby s1ty m » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:23 am

Our school has been offerd dirt cheap tickets for a Chumps League game at the swamp. I declined, despite protestations from the PE staff. Not no way and never am I allowing children near that place.

I think that's fair.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:30 am

Not stopped them from boosting ours. Met 3 lads in Branigans on Friday night who'd flown over for the Brum game. Poor bastards!

And there's always been spare tickets, I have the dirty task of getting 'em for the lad.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby mcfc1632 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:35 am

Slightly off topic - but....

I often avoid that radio station because we all know that they just spout shit to try and get audience figures and vists to the web site up to make money

Other times I tune in because I am able to just laugh at the bollocks - particularly the huge anti-CITY stuff - they spout. Yesterday on my way to the shops and back I tuned in and heard 3 things that made me smile:

1 - the scum tickets thing that has been raised on here... and I immediately thought the same...

2 - the anti-Barry barrage - really really slagging him off - I know a lot on here do sometimes but was he really the reason England got beat on Wednesday??

3 - but this one blew me away - a caller rang in to observe that CITY are runing England - that previously good players, Lescott and Barry have lost a yard in pace and all form becuase they are now at CITY - and now we have runed Milner as well and are on the way with Johnson..... Now some caller saying that is one thing - but the way the commentators lept upon the theme just showed how desperate they are for anti CITY stuff - YCMIU
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:41 am

I believe we've had umpteen threads on this topic, but I'll resist the temptation to post the Titanic sinking or the Relief of Mafeking!

The Death Star is definitely falling though.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby bernabias_right_boot » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:10 am

Beefymcfc wrote:

Not stopped them from boosting ours. Met 3 lads in Branigans on Friday night who'd flown over for the Brum game. Poor bastards!

And there's always been spare tickets, I have the dirty task of getting 'em for the lad.

you bad dad
bernabias_right_boot
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Carlito

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:15 am

bernabias_right_boot wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

you bad dad

That should be 'You Bad Step-Dad', apart from he is a 4 year City Season Card holder as well. Seems his step-dad is using is noggin' when it comes to converting the afflicted ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby The Man In Blue » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:16 am

Tis a sign o' the times though, I don't remember seeing ads for scum tickets in the MEN but now there's one every week.

OH WELL.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby gillie » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:09 pm

They have a half page advert in this weeks Oldham Advertiser saying there are tickets availiable for the next 3 home games.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby 9secondlegend » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:10 pm

gillie wrote:They have a half page advert in this weeks Oldham Advertiser saying there are tickets availiable for the next 3 home games.

and the salford advertiser
9secondlegend

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Blue Toy » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:12 pm

Dead mans shoes Old Trafford, dead mans shoes I say.
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby simon12 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:38 am

9secondlegend wrote:
gillie wrote:They have a half page advert in this weeks Oldham Advertiser saying there are tickets availiable for the next 3 home games.

and the salford advertiser

And the london evening standard!!
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby john@staustell » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:40 am

“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Return to The Maine Football forum