Balo Racially Abused

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Balo Racially Abused

Postby Tru_Blu » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:51 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
ant london wrote:
Fish111 wrote:Is it really racial abuse he's getting or is he just getting abused generally because he's a fuckin dick?

"A banner of bearing the message - "No to a multi-ethnic national team" - was confiscated in Klagenfurt's HypoArena stadium where the match was played."

nah it's just because he's a dick

what a fucking idiotic comment mate

one thing i would consider tho is that it MIGHT take a special flave of dickhead to illicit the what might otherwise go as a dormant racist response from some corners. In other words, it takes two to tango and i'd suggest, from a victimization perspective, that there is something in Balo's mentality and approach to life on the football pitch that makes him an easier target than someone who had their head screwed on straight and didnt seem like a total cockface. Know what i mean?

not an excuse for disgusting behaviour, but just another viewpoint i thought i'd share.

cheers

I'm black and just recently traveled to Italy....... and I can safely say to you no its cause he is black.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Postby the_georgian_genius » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:51 pm

Can anyone blame him for the way he acts when he has suffered racist abuse all his life growing up in Italy?

Personally i love the crazy fucker because i know he will come out with shit and do stupid shit yet still produce the goods at the weekend. He won't be here long though.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Wooders » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:07 pm

kaka tweeted

RealKaka Again a player was victim of racism. This happened yesterday with Balotelli. Even though the minority that has to end. #noracism
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:49 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:Can anyone blame him for the way he acts when he has suffered racist abuse all his life growing up in Italy?

Personally i love the crazy fucker because i know he will come out with shit and do stupid shit yet still produce the goods at the weekend. He won't be here long though.

Is that this weekend, or even last weekend; in the 13 or so weekend's we've had, which weekend's does he keep producing in?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby edgeley blue » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:39 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
the_georgian_genius wrote:Can anyone blame him for the way he acts when he has suffered racist abuse all his life growing up in Italy?

Is that this weekend, or even last weekend; in the 13 or so weekend's we've had, which weekend's does he keep producing in?

GG is too busy looking at the behaviour of the fans than actually watching the match, did you not know Beefy?
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby CityFanFromRome » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:46 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:What is this guys problem?
He acts like a total dick all the time.

Personally I love it...proper drama queen

I've grown to love it too, tbh. I didn't like him much when he was at Inter due to his antics toward the Roma fans, but now that he's in the team I support, I can't help loving him and his attitude (except when he gets stupid red cards)
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Fish111 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:47 pm

ant london wrote:I was perhaps a touch harsh to the Fish in my closing line.

but that does not excuse or make understandable the nature of the abuse he gets in Italy which is undoubtedly racist as it comes

That's ok Ant, thick skin and all that mate :-) I totally agree with your closing line this time though.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby CityGer » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:33 pm

The abuse he gets is a disgrace as is the lack of action from UEFA and the Italian FA. Fuck knows what needs to happen in Italy for some sort of action to be taken. Visiting fans are stabed on a regular basis, racsist abuse is par for the course at both domestic and international games yet it appears that everyone turns a blind eye.

The lad certainly doesn't deserve or need this but I've come to the conclusion that he is an arsehole. Bobby's biggest blunder by a mile. Will be gone before the start of next season, no doubt.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Dameerto » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:49 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Dameerto wrote:They (officials and managers from Italian football) can bluster and fluster about it all they want to the press but until they start legislating to make clubs responsible for their fan's behaviour at club level nothing substantial will change. (The same goes for Spain)

I get your point about clubs, but this wasn't a club match...it was the national team. Which makes it even more pathetic imho.

cheers

It's endemic though - and you can't treat it at an International level, you have to kill it at its' roots. They need to start doing now what we did in England a few decades ago because it takes so long to have an effect on behaviour.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:19 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:He is fucking crackers,20 or not he needs to sort his head out.

You'd have to be sectioned to finish with this >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Image

For Doomshine.

i'm such a fuclin daego....seriously she might be the prettiest girl in the world. if i had to vote she'd be top 5. a classic old school stunner with a new school assparade vibe i love as well. i could finish to a pic of her smile. for realz.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby the_georgian_genius » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:40 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

Started at the weekend of 7th november and will continue the weekend of the 27th. He's good but not that good to produce when he is injured or harshly sitting out for an extra 2 games through suspension. He's super mario not super human.
the_georgian_genius

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:48 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Started at the weekend of 7th november and will continue the weekend of the 27th. He's good but not that good to produce when he is injured or harshly sitting out for an extra 2 games through suspension. He's super mario not super human.

What I'm saying is how can you make that statement as if he's played week-in/week-out when he's only played 2 games? He hasn't even produced in 2 weekends.

Wish we had him for Fulham though.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Goataldo » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:50 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:He is fucking crackers,20 or not he needs to sort his head out.

You'd have to be sectioned to finish with this >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Image

For Doomshine.

i'm such a fuclin daego....seriously she might be the prettiest girl in the world. if i had to vote she'd be top 5. a classic old school stunner with a new school assparade vibe i love as well. i could finish to a pic of her smile. for realz.

cheers

I don't like her nose. Looks like she borrowed it. And her eyebrows remind of a hedge you wish you'd never planted cos it needs pruning too often. I'd probably let her off if she cooked well though; I'm not without mercy after all.

As for the Italians, they are a bit backward in respect to race. Makes me think of the speech made by Dennis Hopper to his mafia goon captors in the film True Romance, as to the historical reasons behind their lovely dark complexions. It should be cleaned up a bit and put in their national curriculum.

Why do they get let off so lightly by the football authorities, they are ALWAYS at it in one way or another, be it violence or abuse. Probs Berlusconi and his cronies greasing the appropriate palms.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby paulmclaren » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:19 am

Dom you really think we'd get 25 million back for him?
No chance, the guy's an ass.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Postby john68 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:37 am

Good thinking by Mancini.

The football is boring so he's buys us a distraction...sorted.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby dazby » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:33 pm

CityGer wrote:The abuse he gets is a disgrace as is the lack of action from UEFA and the Italian FA. Fuck knows what needs to happen in Italy for some sort of action to be taken. Visiting fans are stabed on a regular basis, racsist abuse is par for the course at both domestic and international games yet it appears that everyone turns a blind eye.

The lad certainly doesn't deserve or need this but I've come to the conclusion that he is an arsehole. Bobby's biggest blunder by a mile. Will be gone before the start of next season, no doubt.

I have doubts about your no doubt.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:55 pm

Bob has clocked it.

Roberto Mancini has warned Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli he must clean up his act if he is to make an impact in the Premier League.

The Italy forward will miss Sunday's trip to Fulham as he serves the final game of a three-match ban he collecting following his dismissal at West Brom earlier this month.

It is yet another period on the sidelines for a player who arrived from Inter Milan with such high expectations this summer, but was injured on his debut in the Europa League qualifier against Timisoara.

Balotelli has still only made four appearances for City this term.

"He must change his mentality," said Mancini.

"He must think about playing because if he plays here he can score every game.

"He can't afford to talk with the referee. He needs to think about his job because he can make a difference on the pitch."

Yet Balotelli continues to attract headlines for the wrong reasons.

He was spotted eating with Milan officials on a recent trip back home and was then the subject of racial taunts in midweek when Italy took on Romania in Austria.

"In the world there are a lot of stupid people," reflected Mancini on the latter incident.

"I am not worried about it because he is a strong character.

"And in Milan there is a restaurant where all the Milan and Inter players and owners go. This is normal.

"But he must start to play before he leaves. He has a five year contract and he has only played four games."
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:05 pm

Conspiracy theory #345 - he took forever to sign for us this summer, mainly cos he has one of the worst agents in the game who just loves causing trouble and likes moving his clients on. Wonder if they inserted a release clause into his contract that AC Milan can sign him after 12 months of his contract if they pay a certain amount?
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby gaudy » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:25 pm

CityGer wrote:The abuse he gets is a disgrace as is the lack of action from UEFA and the Italian FA. Fuck knows what needs to happen in Italy for some sort of action to be taken. Visiting fans are stabed on a regular basis, racsist abuse is par for the course at both domestic and international games yet it appears that everyone turns a blind eye.

with all the silly stuff bobby has done and you come up with this.
Care to back this statement up as im intrigued
gaudy
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:16 pm

It will allend in tears for this player....or us.

Grow up Mario! Balotelli should start playing for Manchester City before thinking about leaving, snipes Roberto Mancini

Roberto Mancini (R), Manchester City's Italian manager, speaks to Manchester City's Italian forward Mario Balotelli

Not happy: Mancini talks to Balotelli after the striker's sending off at West Browich

Roberto Mancini has taken a swipe at Mario Balotelli after the Manchester City striker fuelled talk of a swift return to Italy.

Eastlands boss Mancini is unhappy about the 20-year-old's conduct on and off the pitch and demanded better for his £23million summer signing from Inter Milan.

Balotelli refused to quash reports linking him to AC Milan this week by committing himself to City only till the end of the season.

But Mancini hit back: 'He must start to play before he leaves. He has a five-year contract and he has only played four games.'

Balotelli is suspended for Sunday's game against Fulham following his sending off against West Bromwich Albion earlier this month.

Mancini, who previously guided the striker through the ranks in Italy, insisted: 'He must change his mentality.

'He must think about playing because if he plays here he can score every game.

'He can't afford to talk with the referee. He needs to think about his job because he can make a difference on the pitch.'

It has been an eventful week for the youngster. He watched his boyhood team AC Milan beat his former side Inter in the derby at the San Siro last Sunday.

He was then photographed at the same restaurant as Milan chief executive Adriano Galliani, who admitted he would like to work with the Italy international.

Then, in midweek, Balotelli was the target of racists while playing for the national team.
Target: Balotelli was racially abused by Italy supporters when playing against Romania

Target: Balotelli was racially abused by Italy supporters when playing against Romania

'In the world there are a lot of stupid people,' said Mancini of the abuse. 'I am not worried about it because he is a strong character.'

Mancini is more wooried about satisfying City's ambitious owners.

After weeks of playing down the club's chances of mounting a title challenge, the Italian now insists his team can end the season with silverware.

'We are in fourth position, three points behind United but we must check at the end of the season,' said Mancini.
Joe Hart injured

Swift recovery: Hart could be fit this weekend despite injuring his back on England duty

'At the end of the season I think we will get into the Champions League and probably we will win something. This is my opinion because I believe we have improved a lot.'

Others may argue otherwise. Certainly Hughes felt his side would have achieved their objectives if they had been given a chance last term.

Owner Sheik Mansour and chairman Khaldoon al-Mubarak had other ideas, which means Hughes will be fully motivated this weekend, even if Mancini is eager the contest should not become a personal battle.

'I don't know if Mark Hughes has a point to prove but Sunday is Fulham against Manchester City, not Mancini against Hughes,' he said.

'Maybe it means more, I don't know. But I am sure they always try to win, whether they play against Manchester City or Newcastle, who they played last Saturday.'

Mancini also has to combat claims of negativity, which contrasts sharply with the generally attractive football they produced under Hughes.

Arguments are still raging over the former Inter Milan coach's decision to replace Carlos Tevez with Gareth Barry last weekend, which Mancini insists was not a conservative mood.

Mancini has doubts over England duo Joleon Lescott and Micah Richards but he reported good news over goalkeeper Joe Hart, who was forced to miss the friendly defeat to France after suffering a back spasm in training on Tuesday.

'Joe is getting better,' said Mancini. 'I think he will be available for Sunday.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z15k3HPPH3
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum