Balo Racially Abused

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Balo Racially Abused

Postby Beeks » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:36 am

From the BBC website...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 201765.stm

Racists target Man City striker Balotelli in Italy game

Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli has been subjected to racist abuse during Italy's 1-1 draw with Romania.

The Manchester City striker was booed every time he touched the ball and was taunted by a group of about 100 extreme right-wing Italian fans.

A banner of bearing the message - "No to a multi-ethnic national team" - was confiscated in Klagenfurt's HypoArena stadium where the match was played.

Only 3,000 fans watched the game in Austria because of commercial reasons.

Before his move to City from Inter Milan during the summer the Sicily-born Balotelli was subjected to racist abuse by Juventus supporters, who hung banners in their stadium last year which read: "A negro cannot be Italian".

At the time of his move to Eastlands, Balotelli's older sister Cristina told BBC Sport: "Mario is very proud to be black and Italian. He wants to represent Italy. He was born in Italy. He's never been to Africa, not yet. His country is Italy.

"It will be easier [in England]. In your football stadiums, you don't have these kinds of episodes. Mario is always painted as a bad boy - but there is a background of racism in Italian society. He wasn't forgiven for things that you would forgive other people for."

Balotelli carried the only real threat in the first-half for Italy and managed two efforts on goal before he was replaced by Fabio Quagliarella on 59 minutes.

Ciprian Marica gave Romania a deserved 34th-minute lead when he rifled home a shot only to then deflect in Quagliarella's header eight minutes from time.

"I feel disappointment and anger," said Italy coach Cesare Prandelli, referring to the racist abuse directed at Balotelli.

"We always hear these chants and something has to be done about it. We feel helpless. He has the support of everyone."

City forward Balotelli is currently serving a three-match suspension after being sent off in Manchester City's win at West Brom on 7 November.

He is ineligible to play against Fulham on Sunday, but will be available to play for City against Stoke on 27 November.
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Re: Balo Racially Abused

Postby john@staustell » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:41 am

Well if the rascist chanters wanted the authorities to ignore them, there's no better country to do it in. Pathetic.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:24 am

Read this story earlier and thought the highlighted were rather strange quotes.

Italy Striker Mario Balotelli: I Am With Manchester City Until June
Balotelli once again hints at Milan move…

Italy international striker Mario Balotelli has once again hinted that he is open to a move to Milan in the near future but insists that he is with Manchester City until June at least.

The 20-year-old has been quoted by Mediaset as saying: “Until June I am certainly at Manchester City. I have a five-year contract and can’t say anything.

“It’s true that I had dinner with Adriano Galliani after the derby, but what does that mean? If I had dinner with Massimo Moratti would you say I was returning to Inter?

“What do I think of Zlatan Ibrahimovic? Ah, Ibra and I would make a very strong pairing.”

Balotelli also expressed his feelings after Italy’s 1-1 draw with Romania in an international friendly in Austria on Wednesday evening, during which he was racially abused by a section of the Italy supporters.

“In all honesty, I don’t know what to say,” said Balotelli. “If I have to stand there every time and listen to these chants, we’re going nowhere.

“Cesare Prandelli says everyone should hug me and it would be nice if that happened, but it also wouldn’t be right to stop the game just for those few people who go to the stadium to behave like that.

“We need to change these people, but I am not the one to do it. I am happy to play for the Nazionale. I will just say that where I live, in Brescia, there is already a multi-ethnic Italy. And we can do a lot better.

“I would like to hear more talk about these problems rather than my alleged girlfriends.”

Apparently all in Italy have slammed the crowd who did this, but once again, haven't issued any sort of statement on how they are to deal with it.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:51 am

Pretty much everything that revolves around Balotelli is a complete circus.

Id be amazed if he lasted at City very long tbh.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:02 am

What is this guys problem?
He acts like a total dick all the time.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Beeks » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:04 am

lets all have a disco wrote:What is this guys problem?
He acts like a total dick all the time.

Personally I love it...proper drama queen
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:31 am

Teams should walk off the pitch when these wankers start & refuse to play until it's stopped. If neccessary, play the match in an empty stadium.

As for Balotelli, what a good job he's immune from the same rules of conduct as AJ.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:57 am

Shocking abuse aside - Ive decided this guy is a fucking idiot and we will probably regret the day we brought him to COMS.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:03 pm

he is everything we thought he was...bags of talent, crazy personal life, and pretty much a total nutter. Plus with the hottest WAG in the world. FACT.

i hope he gets back to playing some football to eliminate some of this shit.

The racist stuff is depressing for sure. Is there another footballer in the world that gets abused like this? it must weigh on him...

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby edgeley blue » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:18 pm

Quite wht Balo would want to go back to Italy (milan) is beyond me, he will just carry on suffering the abuse he has seemingly suffered his entire career. He does seem to be a guy that could do with a bit of mancunian love for a while and his attitude may change towards staying in England.

I think as long as Mancini is at the helm and he doesnt keep on getting sent off, he will be at City for a while.

Also, the piece above has come from Mediaset, a paper owned by Bulesconi, who also happens to own Milan so it will obviously side with Milan. Its their way off appeasing supporters, linking their club to the worlds best players. He has a 5 year deal with us, so I would imagine Balo would cost Milan an awful lot of money.

As a footnote, I dont think City should ever buy an Italian or a Brazillian again, they just dont seem to settle in sunny Manchester!
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby ant london » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:48 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:As for Balotelli, what a good job he's immune from the same rules of conduct as AJ.

I didn't think there was much wrong with what Johnson said TBH. A bit fucking naive for answering the question (which....incidentally....we have no idea of the phrasing of) but no actual issue with his sentiments.

Ditto Balotelli....both stupid/disrespectful for not having the nouse to realise how the media would likely twist their words.

In relation to Mario only being here initially til June...well.....currently it's far from certain that Roberto will be staying til/beyond then. It is far from certain whether Super Mario's talent can be successfully harnessed by Mancini here but...if we sack Mancini...we may as well write of the investment in Mario as I can't see anyone getting anything controllably decent out of him.

I do still rather like the nutjob though
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Dameerto » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:50 pm

They (officials and managers from Italian football) can bluster and fluster about it all they want to the press but until they start legislating to make clubs responsible for their fan's behaviour at club level nothing substantial will change. (The same goes for Spain)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:29 pm

Dameerto wrote:They (officials and managers from Italian football) can bluster and fluster about it all they want to the press but until they start legislating to make clubs responsible for their fan's behaviour at club level nothing substantial will change. (The same goes for Spain)

I get your point about clubs, but this wasn't a club match...it was the national team. Which makes it even more pathetic imho.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Fish111 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:38 pm

Is it really racial abuse he's getting or is he just getting abused generally because he's a fuckin dick?
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby ant london » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:43 pm

Fish111 wrote:Is it really racial abuse he's getting or is he just getting abused generally because he's a fuckin dick?

"A banner of bearing the message - "No to a multi-ethnic national team" - was confiscated in Klagenfurt's HypoArena stadium where the match was played."

nah it's just because he's a dick

what a fucking idiotic comment mate
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:50 pm

ant london wrote:
Fish111 wrote:Is it really racial abuse he's getting or is he just getting abused generally because he's a fuckin dick?

"A banner of bearing the message - "No to a multi-ethnic national team" - was confiscated in Klagenfurt's HypoArena stadium where the match was played."

nah it's just because he's a dick

what a fucking idiotic comment mate

one thing i would consider tho is that it MIGHT take a special flave of dickhead to illicit the what might otherwise go as a dormant racist response from some corners. In other words, it takes two to tango and i'd suggest, from a victimization perspective, that there is something in Balo's mentality and approach to life on the football pitch that makes him an easier target than someone who had their head screwed on straight and didnt seem like a total cockface. Know what i mean?

not an excuse for disgusting behaviour, but just another viewpoint i thought i'd share.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby ant london » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:54 pm

I was perhaps a touch harsh to the Fish in my closing line....I understand that MB does have the kind of character that would definitely make people want to abuse him. He is a bit of a cunt

but that does not excuse or make understandable the nature of the abuse he gets in Italy which is undoubtedly racist as it comes
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby halnone » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:59 pm

he should have chosen Ghana.
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby shawzy » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:40 pm

Hes dumped his missis.

MARIO BALOTELLI is a great addition to the Premier League - if only for the Italian's striker off-field antics.
The Man City star dumped model girlfriend MELISSA CASTAGNOLI just before she went on Italian TV on Tuesday. So for revenge, she read out on air the text he sent her after flying back to Italy for last weekend's Milan derby.
It read: "I'm back to make you change. But never mind, you're sunk. Everything is against you tomorrow. Bye."
What a way with words.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh ... viour.html
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:45 pm

He is fucking crackers,20 or not he needs to sort his head out.

You'd have to be sectioned to finish with this >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Image

For Doomshine.

He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum