International Games Tonight

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: International Games Tonight

Postby citytilidie » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:34 pm

Lescott having a good game.

Get AJ on!
It's better to regret something you did than something you didn't.
citytilidie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:35 pm

shawzy wrote:No way should he be gettin beaten at his near post as easily as that..Pathetic.

That's how we're looking mate. It is near the second and third string team though. Similar tactics as ours.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:37 pm

citytilidie wrote:Lescott having a good game.

Agreed. Ferdinand looks past it, doesn't help having Jagielka trying to take over your positon though.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby citytilidie » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:41 pm

It's just like watching City..
It's better to regret something you did than something you didn't.
citytilidie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:52 pm

citytilidie wrote:It's just like watching City..

Isn't it just! Falling asleep here watching this dross. Ooo the crowd have booed the team off very loudly. Expect a thread started by Sir Elano about England fans any minute ;-)
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:58 pm

Lescott having a good game so far, looking solid and sharp... coming right out and cutting stuff out for Henderson. Also having to deal with Gibbs not really there!

Walcott = useless

Intertesting that Milner with more freedom and perhaps responsibility is going for it a lot more than we see him with City.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:59 pm

Richards surely would be the best bet at right back. But the main issue is how poor we are in midfield. Slow with a poor touch and little if any good movement. Too often the ball is played to somebody and players run away instead of giving options for a pass
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:03 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:
citytilidie wrote:It's just like watching City..

Isn't it just! Falling asleep here watching this dross. Ooo the crowd have booed the team off very loudly. Expect a thread started by Sir Elano about England fans any minute ;-)

Is it me or does our team play exactly the same, when we lose possession we seem to just fall back like a basketball team allowing the opposition all the time in the world until they get in our half, and then we decide to press them?

PS. Who's Sir Elano, I vaguely remember him being a cock-end?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:04 pm

Richards surely much better.

Barry looks like he was struggling for most of that wondering where the other midfielders were. Not surprising though considering the changes and Gerrard playing as a striker.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:05 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Richards surely would be the best bet at right back. But the main issue is how poor we are in midfield. Slow with a poor touch and little if any good movement. Too often the ball is played to somebody and players run away instead of giving options for a pass

Jagielka has been shit, Richards a far better option. Walcott isn't in the game.

Oops, all change.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby shawzy » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:08 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
shawzy wrote:No way should he be gettin beaten at his near post as easily as that..Pathetic.

That's how we're looking mate. It is near the second and third string team though. Similar tactics as ours.

Your right bud...Very laid back 1st half but they did liven up the last 10mins...Hopefully AJ and Micah can improve us.
shawzy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Dameerto » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:16 pm

I keep forgetting it's an International, i could swear it's City v Arsenal
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:17 pm

What are the French playing at - don't they know playing attacking football and getting lots of players into the box will lead them to defeat in the end ;-)
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:19 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:What are the French playing at - don't they know playing attacking football and getting lots of players into the box will lead them to defeat in the end ;-)

Wierd ain't it, that if you attack there's no real need to defend. You learn summat knew every day.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:39 pm

brite blu sky wrote:Barry looks like he was struggling for most of that wondering where the other midfielders were. Not surprising though considering the changes and Gerrard playing as a striker.

No, Barry is struggling because Barry is a fucking dreadful player.

I will say this till I'm blue in the face on here, but the art of a midfield is pass and move into space. If you pass but don't move, when you play in a midfield of 3 like we do, it reduces the options for the player receiving the ball to make a short pass to a midfield colleague by 50%

Barry passes, then intentionally stands behind an opposition player making it impossible to be available for the next pass. What he does is so blatent, and is one of the big reasons City ever struggle to build any momentum in our midfield. He is scared of the ball, and I seriously hope we can get Johnno fit to get this fraud out of the club at the earliest opportunity.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Dameerto » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:48 pm

How the fook does Crouch do it? And why are his club managers always looking to move him on?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:50 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:Barry looks like he was struggling for most of that wondering where the other midfielders were. Not surprising though considering the changes and Gerrard playing as a striker.

No, Barry is struggling because Barry is a fucking dreadful player.

I will say this till I'm blue in the face on here, but the art of a midfield is pass and move into space. If you pass but don't move, when you play in a midfield of 3 like we do, it reduces the options for the player receiving the ball to make a short pass to a midfield colleague by 50%

Barry passes, then intentionally stands behind an opposition player making it impossible to be available for the next pass. What he does is so blatent, and is one of the big reasons City ever struggle to build any momentum in our midfield. He is scared of the ball, and I seriously hope we can get Johnno fit to get this fraud out of the club at the earliest opportunity.

I totally disagree with that mate. Tonight, like any other time, Barry makes a pass and moves. His game os based on a good pass and then giving a player an opening. He's done that again tonight and tried to force the play but if the players in front haven't got s clue and seem to be panicking with every pass, what the fuck does he do?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby edgeley blue » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:55 pm

jimmy milner is the captain atm. When/who was the last City player to captain England?
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby Dameerto » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:58 pm

Gibbs looked good going forward, I thought - Carroll looked promising (I've not seen many of his games for Newcastle), I didn't notice Henderson that much but wasn't really looking for him.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:04 pm

Fabio Capello - WHAT A USELESS CUNT HE IS.

Ive said it time and time again....we shouldnt have a fucking Foreigner in charge of England.
England needs an English Manager...and I couldnt give a fuck which one....anyones better than watching that gormless Italian twats face at full time.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum