Glazers pay off proportion of debt?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Glazers pay off proportion of debt?

Postby zuricity » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:02 pm

I think it's technically called , "Robbing Peter to pay Paul"
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Re: Glazers pay off proportion of debt?

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:07 am

bluej wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:The debt is linked directly to the club so unless the Glazer's have just found a pot of gold the money will be coming from somewhere within the club. They may say it is their own money but in reality the club is their's so it is their own money. Alternatively, it could come from their personal accounts, but as we all know, that is only money ripped off from the club through various schemes.

I've got a feeling that they may be getting ready to jump ship and making the club more saleable without the massive interest rates that the PiK accrued. It was estimated that if it carried on until to the end of it's life in 2017 it would cost the Glazers over 600 million to pay it off.

Isnt the PIK debt is down to them?, whereas the £500m bond issue is on the club - but the expectation of scum fans has been that they will milk the club to make their loan payments. The devil will be in the detail here - of course at 16.25% interest anyone would want to get this paid to reduce the exposure - but unless they won the Euromillions and others then this must logically be simply a refinancing deal at lower interest rates.

Also I would not be surprised if there is some scam - such as they own a good percentage of the PIKs themselves they have been able to do this transaction in a way that gives them a lump - we will need to see the detail come out - certainly hpoe it is not a straightforward payment

The way I understood it (which is probably incorrect), the PIKs are on their heads, there's a good chance they've taken money out of united + loaded some extra loans (with lower interest rates) on the club. Newspapers are claiming that the money hasn't come from the club but with the Glazer's other businesses going tits up they must have either taken money from united, got extra financing from somewhere, or both.

This is not impossible, as prelude to a takeover. Also Ferguson has just out of the blue, started talking about signing 'experienced players' for when the old ones go, contrary to everything he's been saying recently.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum