AJ considering leaving.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: AJ considering leaving.

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:23 pm

It's all part of Mancini's approach to man management and time will tell whether he is getting it right.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby saulman » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:42 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:It's all part of Mancini's approach to man management and time will tell whether he is getting it right.

I posted this in another thread but it's relevant here......

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... e_clearout

".......... Mancini is from the Italian tradition, where managers remain more aloof and distant from the players, and aim to maintain a strictly professional relationship, has caused a problem or two.

The situation has been similar to that with Fabio Capello and England.

Neither man goes in for the ‘arm-round-the-shoulder’ style of management. If you are injured, or out on loan, or out of favour, you are simply not available, and therefore do not enter into the manager’s thoughts.

British managers tend to be more proactive in terms of a player’s personal life and his well-being, whereas Capello and Mancini like to keep things on a strict professional basis"
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:54 pm

saulman wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:It's all part of Mancini's approach to man management and time will tell whether he is getting it right.

".......... Mancini is from the Italian tradition, where managers remain more aloof and distant from the players, and aim to maintain a strictly professional relationship, has caused a problem or two.

Neither man goes in for the ‘arm-round-the-shoulder’ style of management. If you are injured, or out on loan, or out of favour, you are simply not available, and therefore do not enter into the manager’s thoughts.

British managers tend to be more proactive in terms of a player’s personal life and his well-being, whereas Capello and Mancini like to keep things on a strict professional basis"

Well Fabio and Mancini are wrong then.

There are times when an arm around a shoulder is imperative...............as is in all businesses..there are "star players" that need a different approach if you want to get the best out of them.

So fuck them and their "ways of managing players" as its just plain wrong in my opinion.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby the_georgian_genius » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:12 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
saulman wrote:

There are times when an arm around a shoulder is imperative...............as is in all businesses..there are "star players" that need a different approach if you want to get the best out of them.

So fuck them and their "ways of managing players" as its just plain wrong in my opinion.

Whilst i don't agree with that style of management to say they are wrong is simply wrong in itself. If it is a italian method then you only have to look at the world cups, champions league, other european trophies won by italians to see that it isn't wrong. If that is the way they want to manage then the players are the ones who need to adapt.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:24 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
saulman wrote:

Whilst i don't agree with that style of management to say they are wrong is simply wrong in itself. If it is a italian method then you only have to look at the world cups, champions league, other european trophies won by italians to see that it isn't wrong. If that is the way they want to manage then the players are the ones who need to adapt.

So England and English Clubs that have also won everything dont count then?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby the_georgian_genius » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:57 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
saulman wrote:

Don't be stupid carl, of course they count. But the amount of what italian managers have won compared to british on the world and european stage leads me to beleive that their way is not wrong like you said. Neither way is wrong, you either adapt to it or whinge like a bitch. The british tend to whige like little bitches.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:06 pm

I think it is wrong to think that people who are wrong are wrong. Two wrongs dont make a right. And three wrongs is just plain [strike]wrong[/strike] stupid.
Last edited by brite blu sky on Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:07 pm

Whats stupid is to think that all Italian managers have the same style as Mancini and Postman Pat.........
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:14 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
saulman wrote:I posted this in another thread but it's relevant here......

Don't be stupid carl, of course they count. But the amount of what italian managers have won compared to british on the world and european stage leads me to beleive that their way is not wrong like you said. Neither way is wrong, you either adapt to it or whinge like a bitch. The british tend to whige like little bitches.

If my memory serves me right, no Italian manager has ever won a European Cup with anything other than an Italian team. And for interest, I'm pretty sure no International manager has ever won the World Cup without their own national side.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby saulman » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:17 pm

Hang on a minute. Are people here seriously suggesting that it's wrong for Mancini to treat his players in a totally professional way, and yet it's OK for those players to go to the press and bitch about how hard done to they are?

Get fuckin serious. These whinging little shits get more money than most professions on the planet. They're paid that money to do something they love. They're paid to be professional.

If they can't be at least professional, then they deserve fuck all......and that includes an arm around the shoulder. IMO, they should get a kick up the fuckin arse and told to fuck off. There's plenty of players out there who are professional in their job.

If you listen back to that interview with Marwood, those are the players that are being targeted. (dunno what happened with Mario, they must really rate him)
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:41 pm

saulman wrote:Hang on a minute. Are people here seriously suggesting that it's wrong for Mancini to treat his players in a totally professional way, and yet it's OK for those players to go to the press and bitch about how hard done to they are?

Get fuckin serious. These whinging little shits get more money than most professions on the planet. They're paid that money to do something they love. They're paid to be professional.

If they can't be at least professional, then they deserve fuck all......and that includes an arm around the shoulder. IMO, they should get a kick up the fuckin arse and told to fuck off. There's plenty of players out there who are professional in their job.

If you listen back to that interview with Marwood, those are the players that are being targeted. (dunno what happened with Mario, they must really rate him)

Are you saying that Mancini can't control is men?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby saulman » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:02 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
saulman wrote:Hang on a minute. Are people here seriously suggesting that it's wrong for Mancini to treat his players in a totally professional way, and yet it's OK for those players to go to the press and bitch about how hard done to they are?

Are you saying that Mancini can't control is men?

He shouldn't have to.

I'm saying if they refuse to do as they're told, what they're paid to do and obey the gaffer, they should fuck off. If they go whinging to the press, they should expect to be shipped out. Is it Mancinis job to stop the players talking to the press? Or is it Marwoods or Cooks? Or someone else entirely? I don't know what the structure is any more.
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby CityFanFromRome » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:52 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Maybe neither way is wrong, both can be applied successfully and they are just different from each other?

saulman wrote: (dunno what happened with Mario, they must really rate him)

Mancini does, and having been the one to blood him through at Inter he's confident he can get the best out of the lad.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby dazby » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:40 pm

Kinell you blokes have short memories. Only LAST WEEK Doug reported that in one of the sessions AJ stayed back after training to work with Mancio. Doug even reported that he put his arm around him at some point.

But thank you to my minnions who answered the question for me. BBS, you are officially in the clique. ;-)
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:10 am

brite blu sky wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
dazby wrote:
Mike J wrote:i was told 'to get a grip' when i suggested this last week.

i reckon mancini will be out of the door before him anyway.

Get a grip.

Mancio is showing him tough love. If he responds as he should we'll get a better player as a result.

Hi Dazby, I know you're a big supporter of the Boss and was just wondering, with relation to your post, if you believe that he will get enough time to carry on with his 'Tough Love' policy, considering our current run of form? I.e. Is he under serious threat if the next 4 games don't go to plan?

Hi, i am really Dazby and just pretending to be BBS.. and i think that Bobby is developing his 'tough love' fetish to new levels with City, this is the main reason he bought Super Mario Balotelli as he is the ultimate tough love fetishist gadget. It is also the reason he took on Manchester City as they are also one of the worlds best tough love gadgets.. a kind of must have if you get my drift. The next part of the project will be two losses and two draws and Bobby will then apply his tough love to the fans, who he outlined in his original proposal to the Shiek ( a companion tough love fetishist ), were 'just gagging for it' and an ambition 'too good to be true'. I rekon a press release is already prepared where Bobby tells the fans they have lost their humour and are just a bunch of screaming babies, and if they cant do their job and get behind the team for 90 mins then they should all stay away or go and support another team like Stoke where everyone is mad for it.

There we go again, ranting and raving but not actually answering the question! Typical Dazby.

Nice post mate ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:32 am

Is he forgiven? From OS:

My future lies here, Adam tells City fans

Adam Johnson has assured City fans that he is at the club for the long haul and desperate to play a key role in bringing trophies to the City of Manchester Stadium.

The young England winger, who came off the bench against France at Wembley, admits his frustration can sometimes get the better of him as he battles for a regular place in Roberto Mancini's side.

But despite an interview suggesting he might consider leaving, he is adamant that he sees his future with the Blues - especially after the way in which fans have taken him to their hearts since his move in January.

Adam admitted: "The first thing I thought, when you read something like that, is the fans will think I want to get away. That hurt, because I care more about what the fans think than what anybody else thinks.

"I think the fans understand that I just want to play. When I play I try to give 100 per cent every time, and I think that comes across in the way that I play. I've had a few texts, mostly light-hearted.

"I think the fans want me to be playing, but there's a quality squad at this club and we all have to fight for our place. That's how it is, and I have to accept that. But it's great to have that rapport with our fans.

"I said something in a moment of frustration and things can get blown out of proportion. I am happy here. I love playing football more than anything, and I'd love to play in every game.

But it would be wrong to think I want to leave. I don't. I've got good people around me - the lads here have been great - and the City fans have taken to me, which is the main thing for me

Johnson had to show plenty of patience at Middlesbrough, where he spent a long time playing second fiddle to his pal Stewart Downing before Aston Villa swooped for Downing in a move that allowed AJ to blossom.

He said: "I came up through the ranks at Middlesbrough, but from the day I stepped in the door here for my first game, everything just seemed to click with the fans.

"Every time I warm up on the touchline they're singing my name. That's the best thing for me about being a substitute. I hate being on the bench, but the reception I get when I warm up makes it a bit better!

"But football has its ups and downs, and as a young player you have to learn to deal with that. My future is here long-term, without a doubt. I've only been here eight months but my career has already changed for the better.

"It would be stupid to want to leave. In an ideal world, I'd play every game to help the club succeed. Hopefully we'll start the ball rolling and win something this season. I just want to play my part and make everyone happy.”

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:40 am

Quick, get him down from the gallows, get the rope from round his neck, call a doctor, see if he's still breathing, send the posse out for Balotelli..
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby saulman » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:23 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Quick, get him down from the gallows, get the rope from round his neck, call a doctor, see if he's still breathing, send the posse out for Balotelli..

I'm sure Balotelli will probably lynch himself. Let hope his football compensates for what clearly is one of the true mad bastards of the game.

IMO, AJ has probably had a rap on the knuckles with a ruler and told to speak to this nice man and answer all these loaded questions, there's a good boy.
Last edited by saulman on Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:25 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Quick, get him down from the gallows, get the rope from round his neck, call a doctor, see if he's still breathing, send the posse out for Balotelli..

Funny isn't it, 93 and 1600 looks to the news that he wants out - 1 reply and a hand-full of views from the news he is staying!

Reactionary?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:41 pm

saulman wrote:

I'm sure Balotelli will probably lynch himself. Let hope his football compensates for what clearly is one of the true mad bastards of the game.

IMO, AJ has probably had a rap on the knuckles with a ruler and told to speak to this nice man and answer all these loaded questions, there's a good boy.

But he's just said exactly the same thing as he said in the other interview that everyone's complaining about. If he said it in the Sun, they would have edited it differently, put on a headline about him being unhappy & a bunch of thick cunts on here would string him back up again.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum