AJ considering leaving.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

AJ considering leaving.

Postby svengali » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:48 am

The lads clearly frustrated and I can't blame him. I'm sure he will get called a mard arse but he should be a regular but he's far to positive going forward for his own good.

ADAM JOHNSON is desperate to make Manchester City the champions of England - the only problem is he cannot get on the pitch often enough to help it happen.

The winger has been a frustrated figure this season as a bit-part player in the club's title bid.

He is seen by critics as an example of Roberto Mancini's perceived caution.

The manager himself has hit out at Johnson claiming he has got carried away with the praise he has received over the past year and is NOT a top player.

Johnson just wants to play and if his chances continue to be restricted at City he knows he might have to do that somewhere else.

The forward, 23, said: "Every footballer has to think about it when the time comes.

"It is still early but I definitely would consider it."

Johnson made his comments the day after the disappointing goalless derby with Manchester United when he came on for the last 17 minutes.

It was a game crying out for Johnson, who was bought last January by Mancini in an £8million deal from Middlesbrough.

Johnson admitted: "It is disappointing when you are not playing from the start in games like that.

"I was itching to get on. I was dying to play from the start not just come on.

"The manager has to make decisions but I was gutted to be left out.

"With the players we have it will be a rotation but I am full of confidence and I just want to be playing.

"I have got to train and get on with it, nothing is going to change. I have to keep the right frame of mind and get in the team because I want to play for the national team as well."

Mancini believes Johnson has more effect as an impact substitute rather than a starter.

His performance in the 0-0 draw with Birmingham on Saturday seemed to back that theory.

But Johnson believes his form in 2009-2010 and the start of this campaign suggests he is much more than a supersub.

He said: "Last season and in games at the beginning of this season I was still having an impact when I started."

Advertisement

Johnson feels like a caged bird at the minute.

He wants to run free and entertain but Mancini has a system and a shape which requires discipline and does not accommodate someone who simply wants to roam.

Johnson said: "I like attacking, scoring goals and creating goals and pleasing the fans.

"When I play I just want to excite fans and give them something to watch."

Johnson modelled his game as a kid on David Ginola, who he used to watch train for Newcastle.

Ryan Giggs remains another hero of his.

The City ace added: "When I went to games I wanted to watch the attacking flair players.

"David Ginola and Ryan Giggs were heroes of mine.

"All my family supported Sunderland but I played for Newcastle from when I was 10 to 12 and Ginola and Faustino Asprilla were the players at that time. I used to go with my dad and watch them train.

"It was seeing Ginola play and Giggs that made me want to play like them.

"Giggs is a real crowd pleaser and fans adore him for how he plays and that inspired me to play the way I do."

Much has been made of Mancini's tactics which some believe are negative.

Johnson said: "A lot of the players are attacking-minded players and want to attack.

"But I think what has been important to the manager is getting the shape right and working on our defensive shape.

"It has been about not conceding goals first and keeping clean sheets and then maybe nicking one."

The Mancini way has got City to fourth in the league and still in with a crack of the title.

Johnson said: "We have got a lot left in us as well. We have not been playing great or attractive football but we are getting results.

"If we can stay in the pack until after Christmas who knows what we can do.

"Maybe we could win it. There is loads of football to be played we are not a million miles off the top.

"The top four are capable of beating each other and slipping up. We just have to keep winning games and if we are there or thereabouts we have a chance.

"We have definitely got to be pushing to stay where we are until after Christmas and then see what we are capable of doing."

Johnson still has some work to do to impress the boss. Mancini gave a stinging verdict on the winger on Friday.

The Italian said: "When you are young you read the newspapers and think 'I am the top, I am the top'.

"But Adam Johnson is a young player and doesn't understand the game very well.

"I think he can improve a lot more if he thinks more when he plays.

"He's a good player but he's just 23 years old, he's played 20 games in the Premier League and it's impossible to think of him now as a top player.

"For this, he must work, he must think, he must work for the team, not two dribbles, two crosses. In a top team you need more.

"If you're only doing two dribbles you can't be the best player on the pitch.

"You must do dribbling, score a goal, you must defend, you must help your team-mates. There is more expected of him."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... z15PmNE7Kv
svengali
De Jong's Tackle

Re: AJ considering leaving.

Postby The Man In Blue » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:51 am

well, good job for him he shone when given the chance on satur..
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beeks » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:54 am

Fucking joker...he's only been here 5 minutes where we plucked him from Tyneside obscurity...sell the ungrateful twat in January

So much for the players being happy about rotations
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Sister of fu » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:58 am

The Man In Blue wrote:well, good job for him he shone when given the chance on satur..

Was just about to say this. Football isn't all about mazy dribbles and fancy step overs it's about working and working bloody hard. He needs to keep his head down, improve on all aspects of his game and I'm sure the rest will follow as he has great ablity. He is not going to do himself any favours bleeting about it in the media. Do your talking on the training ground and pitch Johno.
Sister of fu

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:09 am

Err I'm not sure if he has noticed that it is since he has joined us that he has established himself in the England squad. And as pointed out he did start on Saturday.
Oh and unless its moved, Middlesbrough is on the Tees.
Give over AJ
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:14 am

player unrest is growing just like this time last season. Wish we could break this cycle of players going to the press :(
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby john@staustell » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:24 am

"The lads clearly frustrated and I can't blame him. I'm sure he will get called a mard arse but he should be a regular but he's far to positive going forward for his own good"

Why is that then Svengali?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:38 am

Absolute bollox, read it again with the journo's take. What has he actually said, this is from the currant bun you know!

svengali wrote:The forward, 23, said: "Every footballer has to think about it when the time comes.

"It is still early but I definitely would consider it." What was the question again?

And if he didn't feel this way, I'd be mightily disappointed in him.

"It is disappointing when you are not playing from the start in games like that.

"I was itching to get on. I was dying to play from the start not just come on.

"The manager has to make decisions but I was gutted to be left out.

"With the players we have it will be a rotation but I am full of confidence and I just want to be playing.

"I have got to train and get on with it, nothing is going to change. I have to keep the right frame of mind and get in the team because I want to play for the national team as well."

"Last season and in games at the beginning of this season I was still having an impact when I started."

"When I play I just want to excite fans and give them something to watch."

"When I went to games I wanted to watch the attacking flair players.

"David Ginola and Ryan Giggs were heroes of mine.

"All my family supported Sunderland but I played for Newcastle from when I was 10 to 12 and Ginola and Faustino Asprilla were the players at that time. I used to go with my dad and watch them train.

"It was seeing Ginola play and Giggs that made me want to play like them.

"Giggs is a real crowd pleaser and fans adore him for how he plays and that inspired me to play the way I do."

"A lot of the players are attacking-minded players and want to attack.

"But I think what has been important to the manager is getting the shape right and working on our defensive shape.

"It has been about not conceding goals first and keeping clean sheets and then maybe nicking one."

"We have got a lot left in us as well. We have not been playing great or attractive football but we are getting results.

"If we can stay in the pack until after Christmas who knows what we can do.

"Maybe we could win it. There is loads of football to be played we are not a million miles off the top.

"The top four are capable of beating each other and slipping up. We just have to keep winning games and if we are there or thereabouts we have a chance.

"We have definitely got to be pushing to stay where we are until after Christmas and then see what we are capable of doing."

Nothing wrong whatsoever in that statement but obviously used in a manner to enable us to look bad. Seeing us on the pitch I can cope with, reading bullshit about our club I cannot!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby xavi6 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:32 am

Player in wanting to play first team football shocker. He's 23 and doesn't want to warm the bench, not some upstart 17 year old in his first professional season. He also said he's willing to work hard to prove himself. Sounds good to me.

FFS, if he said he was happy sitting on the bench collecting his tidy pay cheque every week he'd be lynched even more.

Damned if you do.

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Zab

Postby Mike J » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:39 am

i was told 'to get a grip' when i suggested this last week.

i reckon mancini will be out of the door before him anyway.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby CityFanFromRome » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:47 am

He wants to play? Very well. Then he has to perform when he actually does play, like Saturday. As long as he puts in performances like the one he did against Brum, he's not going to start, that's for sure.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby thegoatfeeder » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:53 am

Johnson was undoubtedly poor against Birmingham, but to single him out is ridiculous. As far as i'm concerned, since he came in he has been one of our best performers and yet Mancini won't play him (I don't want the manager sacked for what its worth), yet consistently average performers like Yaya Toure who has 4 bad games for every 1 good one gets picked every week. Johnson has been great for us and hasn't had that many really awful displays, just a mixture of excellent and good, with a couple of average games in there, and i'd love to know why the manager is seemingly trying to force him out.
thegoatfeeder
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

My favourite player is: Shaun Goater

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:55 am

This is a clear come on to other clubs from his agent. AJ sees his chances of displacing Mario & Milner in Mancini's first choice team as very low I think.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:59 am

MaineRoadMemories wrote:player unrest is growing just like this time last season. Wish we could break this cycle of players going to the press :(

Have I not been saying that since I don't know when.

Pisses me off BIG TIME.

AJ is very talented young lad but it has all gone to his head now. That much is very clear.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:01 am

johnny crossan wrote:This is a clear come on to other clubs from his agent. AJ sees his chances of displacing Mario & Milner in Mancini's first choice team as very low I think.

Where does his agent come into this?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby OliverHardy » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:04 am

the problem with our club (as was the case last season with the likes of Robin' Hoe) is that many players simply do not have the right attitude. People can blame the manager but at the end of the day, if (as a player) someone takes 100k per week to play for a top premier league side, they have to accept that there will be times when they wont be playing from the start of games. The attitude one would expect is for them to get their head down and fight for their place. Sadly as the moment it seems to be that they sulk, go to the media or talk about leaving. Whether or not Adam (or any one else for that matter) feels he SHOULD be starting, he just needs to get on with things and actually perform when given the chance (unlike the weekend), he needs to be playing for the team and not just 'Adam'. Until the petulance of sulky brats stops, we will never be successful.
Last edited by OliverHardy on Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
OliverHardy
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Beeks » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:07 am

OliverHardy wrote:the problem with our club (as was the case last season with the likes of Robin' Hoe) is that many players simply do not have the right attitude. People can blame the manager but at the end of the day, if (as a player) someone takes 100k per week to play for a top premier league side, they have to accept that there will be times when they wont be playing from the start of games. The attitude one would expect is for them to get their head down and fight for their place. Sadly as the moment it seems to be that they sulk, go to the media or talk about leaving. Until the petulance of sulky brats stops, we will never be successful

Agreed...If I was being paid the extortionate amount of money they were i'd shut my mouth and get on with it

It seems that every fucker in the club wants to moan about it...yet the club it seems...is unable to gag these players despite paying their wages
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:14 am

If my manager was a negative twat with shit tactics i'd moan about him aswell.

He's doing what Chelsea done to SWP, coaching the raw talent out of AJ.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:14 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
OliverHardy wrote:the problem with our club (as was the case last season with the likes of Robin' Hoe) is that many players simply do not have the right attitude. People can blame the manager but at the end of the day, if (as a player) someone takes 100k per week to play for a top premier league side, they have to accept that there will be times when they wont be playing from the start of games. The attitude one would expect is for them to get their head down and fight for their place. Sadly as the moment it seems to be that they sulk, go to the media or talk about leaving. Until the petulance of sulky brats stops, we will never be successful

Agreed...If I was being paid the extortionate amount of money they were i'd shut my mouth and get on with it

It seems that every fucker in the club wants to moan about it...yet the club it seems...is unable to gag these players despite paying their wages

Isn't this what the management team are for? If the case is that there are a lot of problems with players attitudes, it's up to him to change them. From what I've seen so far, Mancio does not deal with a problem, he justs get rid of it ala Bellers, Robbie et al, or freezes them out of the playing squad until it is a neccessity to bring them back.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ashton287 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:22 am

Well sell him. See what he does to our defence if he ever plays against us.

Mancini is a fucking joker. Everyone who doesnt think he should be starting is a fucking joker. He was here for half a season last year and was our second best player behind tevez because robert let him play abit more.

Where is our attacking option if he goes?
Milner? FUCK RIGHT OFF BECAUSE THAT SUPER JAWED CUNT IS FUCKING WANK
Yaya? Maybe for the first 20 minutes then the big spastic is out for the rest of the game, someone needs to get the twat an inhalor.
Silva? Awesome on the ball but can he run past players? Can he fuck.

Maybe we can have a midfield of Barry, Yaya, De jong and Milner. Gauranteed CL football with that one.

Fucks sake we have scored 15 goals this season. Thats an average of 1.1 a game but we dont need strikers and now we dont need wingers either. All three of the teams above us have been the best teams in the premiership for years and they all know you need goals to win anything and thats why they have all scored 25+ goals.

You cant win anything by defending. This is really starting to get on my tits now. When will we get it right and stop being fucking typical city.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: De jong

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum