Tuesday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Tuesday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:46 am

As mentioned in yesterdays bollox more of the papers are picking up/spinning the Mario story. AC Milan are apparently ready to rescue self-confessed fan Mario Balotelli from his hell start to his Manchester City career and are working on a deal to sign the striker at the end of the season. Righty ho then.

Johnson would quit City
Winger admits that he will not accept bench role
Every footballer has to think about it when the time comes. It is still early but I definitely would consider it.Adam Johnson
Adam Johnson has confirmed that he would be ready to quit Manchester City if he can not command a first-team place.
Since moving from Middlesbrough in January, the 23-year-old winger has emerged as one of the best attacking players in the country.
But despite his good form, which has seen him emerge as a regular in the England squad, he is far from being first choice at Eastlands under Roberto Mancini.
When Johnson joined City from Boro, he stated that he was playing catch-up having played understudy to Stewart Downing for many years at The Riverside.
Now Johnson is far less patient and looks unlikely to accept a substitutes' role at City.
"Every footballer has to think about it when the time comes. It is still early but I definitely would consider it," said Johnson when asked whether he would quit City.
Johnson was on the bench for the recent Manchester derby, which was a big frustration to him, saying: "It is disappointing when you are not playing from the start in games like that.
"I was itching to get on. I was dying to play from the start not just come on.
"The manager has to make decisions but I was gutted to be left out.
"With the players we have it will be a rotation but I am full of confidence and I just want to be playing.
"I have got to train and get on with it, nothing is going to change. I have to keep the right frame of mind and get in the team because I want to play for the national team as well.
"I like attacking, scoring goals and creating goals and pleasing the fans. When I play I just want to excite fans and give them something to watch."
Tactics
Johnson admits that Mancini is focused on making sure City are hard to beat, which has been evident in their two successive home goalless draws against Manchester United and Birmingham City.
"A lot of the players are attacking-minded players and want to attack," he told The Sun.
"But I think what has been important to the manager is getting the shape right and working on our defensive shape.
"It has been about not conceding goals first and keeping clean sheets and then maybe nicking one."
"We have not been playing great or attractive football but we are getting results. If we can stay in the pack until after Christmas who knows what we can do.
"Maybe we could win it. There is loads of football to be played, we are not a million miles off the top.
"The top four are capable of beating each other and slipping up. We just have to keep winning games and if we are there or thereabouts we have a chance.
"We have definitely got to be pushing to stay where we are until after Christmas and then see what we are capable of doing."

Ben Mee has admitted being called up for the England Under-21s is one of the proudest moments of his career, though he found out in a somewhat unusual way.
The City defender has had a terrific last few months having made his senior debut at West Brom in the Carling Cup and now being selected for Stuart Pearce’s team, but he discovered he was in the squad to face Germany from a text!
“A friend called me up to say I’d been called up,” smiled Mee. “I didn’t believe him so I put on Sky Sports and there it was.
“It was a different way to find out, I suppose because when I’ve played for England at other age levels I’ve usually had a letter, but I’m not complaining. I’m really chuffed because this is a big thing for me.
“There were several things I hoped to achieve this season and playing for City’s first team and the Under-21s were at the top of the list, so I’m really happy.”
Mee, who has been in excellent form at Elite Development Squad level this season has already played for England at Under 18, 19 and 20 levels and will be joined by former Academy team-mate Kieran Trippier.
“It’s good that Kieran’s in the squad, too,” he said.
Obviously Micah was in the original squad but he’s made it into the senior group and I’m really pleased for him
Mee’s only previous contact with Stuart Pearce came around four years ago, but he’s not forgotten it. He said: “I’d broken my leg for the second time in pre-season and would have been around 15 or 16 at the time.
“I was at home when I got a call from Stuart Pearce who was City’s manager at the time. He asked how I was and told me I’d soon be playing again, which was really nice because I was still an Academy junior.
“I hope I get to play some part of the game against Germany. It’s just a shame my parents can’t be there. I made my first ever appearance for England against Germany for the Under-18s so it’s strange to be back here with the Under-21s.
“If I play I’ll just do my best and hope there are more caps to come.”

Dzeko rules out January Wolfsburg exit
Wolfsburg's star striker Edin Dzeko has again dismissed rumours linking him with a January move away from the Bundesliga outfit.
The 24-year-old Bosnia international remains the centre of frenzied speculation, with Manchester City reported to be lining up a missive bid for Dzeko's services.
However, the talented frontman told Kicker-Sportmagazin: "I have been saying that I am fully focused on Wolfsburg for the current season.
"That is what I am still doing. I don't see the point in thinking about a transfer.I am aware of the speculation, I am aware of almost every rumour.
"I know I have not said much with regard to a transfer, but I have not agreed anything. I have not signed anything with any of the clubs mentioned.
"Reading stories about me moving to this club or that club is really making me laugh. They are not true."

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.inthestands.co.uk/6578

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson is ready to move for French right-back Rod Fanni from Rennes as he looks to replace Glen Johnson. Daily Mirror

Manchester United have been linked with £9m-rated former Reading striker Gylfi Sigurdsson, who left the Royals last summer for Bundesliga side Hoffenheim. talkSport

Arsenal's unsettled striker Nicklas Bendtner has become a big-money target for Bayern Munich after the Dane admitted he is fed-up of not getting regular first-team football. Daily Mirror

Aston Villa's Norwegian striker John Carew is holding out for a move to Fiorentina after rejecting a move to Turkish football. talkSport

Stoke manager Tony Pulis wants to take Aston Villa midfielder Stephen Ireland on loan in January - and save him from his Villa Park nightmare. Daily Mirror

Tottenham defender Alan Hutton says the club's players are still struggling to cope with the twin demands of the Premier League and Champions League. talkSport

Inter Milan manager Rafael Benitez is already under pressure, five months into his tenure, after club president Massimo Moratti slammed the team following their home defeat by AC Milan. Soccerway

Former Upton Park favourite Paolo di Canio is ready to talk to West Ham about helping manager Avram Grant get the team up the Premier League. Daily Mirror

Everton's Phil Neville believes Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger's young side have got what it takes to become Premier League title contenders. Daily Mirror

Sunderland midfielder Jordan Henderson, who is hoping to make his England debut against France on Wednesday, has revealed that his first taste of professional football was being photographed on the shoulders of Manchester United winger Ryan Giggs as a three-year-old on holiday in Majorca. The Guardian
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Tuesday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:22 pm

EXTRA BOLLOX
Former Arsenal winger Robert Pires is in line for a shock return to English football at the age of 37, playing for Aston Villa.
http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/breves20 ... villa.html

David Beckham says his three sons - two of whom were born in England and one in Spain but who have spent the last four years living in America - laugh at his London accent (Daily Mirror).

Cardiff's former England U21 striker Michael Chopra is exploring the possibility of playing for the India national team as he has Indian grandparents (the Times).

QPR striker Rowan Vine is training with hometown club Portsmouth after being omitted from manager Neil Warnock's plans at Loftus Road, but Pompey say they are just helping him and have no plans to sign him (Daily Mail).

Celtic manager Neil Lennon could be in line for a four-match touchline ban after his recent dismissal from the touchline at Hearts (Daily Record).

Cardiff's Jay Bothroyd says he was "immature and arrogant" when he was kicked out of Arsenal 10 years ago for taking off his shirt and throwing it at coach Don Howe when he was substituted in a youth team game.Daily Express

Tottenham have drawn up a shortlist of possible next managers if Harry Redknapp should replace Fabio Capello as England coach. David Moyes is top of the list, which also includes Guus Hiddink, Roy Hodgson and Rafa Benitez.goal.com
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby halnone » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:00 pm

Chinners wrote:David Beckham says his three sons - two of whom were born in England and one in Spain but who have spent the last four years living in America - laugh at his London accent (Daily Mirror).

pmsl
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby ashton287 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:00 pm

beckhams kids arent laughing at his accent

there just laughing at his stupid fucking voice.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Return to The Maine Football forum