With the division on this forum...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: With the division on this forum...

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:53 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I should add; it's rare that rags or Chelsea at their best win these games with clinical expertise. They just keep relentlessly attacking the box & cause panic. Often a mistake by the away side determines it. How much panic do we cause?

Less.. as the teams you mention are well versed in keeping the ball and keeping the pressure up and finding little spaces to cause panic. Bottom line is they know each other better and know the tactic better.

It's not just tactics though it's mentality; that's what I'm talking about with this 4th place mentality compared to a renlentless trophy hunting one. When the rags are at their best, they go at the penalty are like their lives depend on it. They fly in, hammer the ball across goal, wingers fullbacks centre halves everyone charging in. THEN suddenly they go back to a clever little one two & the oppo aren't ready for it, game over .

We talk about developing a winning mentality but we're actually developing a 'lets not worry about it' mentality flicking the ball sideways as if we've got all day. We need purpose & a desire to win in the last 3rd not just tactics & ambitions of 4th place.

i wouldn't be surprised if we didn't have the best stats in terms of # of passes and passing % in the entire fuclin league at this point.

We make Arsenal look like barbarians at the gate with the way we fanny about attacking the goal. Mancini needs to unleash hell and see what happens and trust the defensive framework he's put in place and see what happens. just my 2 cents. or pence. whatever.

cheers

Haha

I think stats said we had more touches in the oppo penalty area than anyone except about 2 teams last weekend. It wasn't that we didn't try to attack, it's that we don't know how to & imo this 'let's come 4th' business helps take away that wodnerful British adrenaline filled cup tie type, almost desperation attacking, which leaves the crowd breathless & is at the heart of many of football's great victories or equally great near misses.

In short; we have mislaid our mojo.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby bluej » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:03 pm

Original Dub wrote:But lets for one second say there is a division - which "side" are you on?

It's comments like that that don't help any potential divide, I know you probably meant it in honest debate but it can easily whip up an angry post match crowd into a 30 page bitch-fest. Not that that has happened (yet?) and the overall debate has been good I think.

As for other clubs, there has been a section of Spurs fans that have (and still do AFAIK) wanted Redknapp out, despite what he's done for them.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:20 pm

bluej wrote:
Original Dub wrote:But lets for one second say there is a division - which "side" are you on?

It's comments like that that don't help any potential divide, I know you probably meant it in honest debate but it can easily whip up an angry post match crowd into a 30 page bitch-fest. Not that that has happened (yet?) and the overall debate has been good I think.

As for other clubs, there has been a section of Spurs fans that have (and still do AFAIK) wanted Redknapp out, despite what he's done for them.

Good. I hope thay string him up on a lampost at the end of the season when they miss out on everything.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:04 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
brite blu sky wrote: some think 4th is good some think it lacks ambition.

Thing is BBS is that last season EVERYONE said that it has to be fourth next season

Shit...I even put up a poll about what would you prefer? Silverware or 4th? And the majority wanted 4th FFS

Now it seems we have ideas about walking before we have learnt to crawl...4th is no longer good enough...we need the title now...seriously...some people are in cloud cuckoo land

Budgets are reviewed every quarter.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:30 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

Thing is BBS is that last season EVERYONE said that it has to be fourth next season

Shit...I even put up a poll about what would you prefer? Silverware or 4th? And the majority wanted 4th FFS

Now it seems we have ideas about walking before we have learnt to crawl...4th is no longer good enough...we need the title now...seriously...some people are in cloud cuckoo land

fucl me...i live practically month to month in my business and if i can tapdance through some tough months i might get the quarter to shake out some problems.

Luckily, we don't judge football managers on the same strict guidelines.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Dameerto » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:34 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
But lets for one second say there is a division - which "side" are you on?

At this point i'm cautiously on Mancinis

Teams are built from the back and I think that he will be a success here...that's not to say I will not jump to the other side if he fails...I just believe he has not yet been given a fair crack of the whip to be jumping down his throat just yet...funnily enough I felt the same way about Hughes

after some time away these last two days, i'd say that i probably agree with you Beeks. I am however suspicious tho that someone like Steve Bruce could be getting more from this side than Mancini is...and that doesn't make me feel so uhm "awesome."

Mancini in my opinion is a real fighter tho...he's unlikely to go down easily. I hope i am right.

i felt like it was Hughes time to go...i don't quite feel that way about Mancini yet, but he could have me there wrapped up in that horrible-feeling state by December if he keeps riding his luck.

cheers

I broadly agree - and in the light of Dazby's splendid news I would add: We are suffering from teething problems at the moment, not a cot death.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Kladze » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:42 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I should add; it's rare that rags or Chelsea at their best win these games with clinical expertise. They just keep relentlessly attacking the box & cause panic. Often a mistake by the away side determines it. How much panic do we cause?

Less.. as the teams you mention are well versed in keeping the ball and keeping the pressure up and finding little spaces to cause panic. Bottom line is they know each other better and know the tactic better.

They also use the midfield three, or four, to press further up the field than we do - resulting in the opposition giving the ball away; loose balls around the edge of the attacking third falling to them, and midfield players managing to get ahead of the strikers more regularly.

Our set-up, particularly at home, is way too defensively overprotective.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Original Dub » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:30 pm

bluej wrote:

you took it out of context. Completely.

My point in asking this question was because I don't feel there is a straight divide, like there was with Hughes.
Original Dub

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:54 pm

Original Dub wrote:[
My point in asking this question was because I don't feel there is a straight divide, like there was with Hughes.

heterophobe. i can't believe you'd bring up who people fucl as part of your argument. we don't hold yours against you.

what exactly were you doing in the bog while Bingo showed his privates to your missus? One word for you: George Michael.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:10 pm

I'm currently very dissillusioned with the football on offer.

Now read this part carefully as it makes a big difference.

I. Never. Expected. Us. To. Win. The. League!

I just thought we might have a bloody good go at teams, grind a few out, lose a few and maybe murder a team or two, all depending on the players getting used to each other. Instead we seem to be going with the idea of just not playing football, unless everyone Mancini rates is fit, healthy, not suspended and in the mood.

A good manager gets more from players than they are worh. Ealry into his stint Mancini showed promise in this regard, with Garrido and 1 or 2 others. Now lets count the players that should be able to do a job here (not necessarily own a spot, but play when needed, rotated) that he's pushed out, put aside.

SWP
Given
Lescott
Bellers
Robinho
RSC
Ade
Bridge

Some of you may not rate these players, but I gurantee if you put them into Liverpool or spurs squad, they would see an instant improvement. So to say we can't win when these players fill in is crap. I think Mancini's man management leaves a lot to be desired.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:18 pm

The only thing I don't like about it atm is that everyone's typing REALLY long posts and I can never be arsed to read them.

Some more knee jerk one liners please!
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby zuricity » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:39 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:The only thing I don't like about it atm is that everyone's typing REALLY long posts and I can never be arsed to read them.

What a load of bollocks ! :-)) good enough ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:39 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:The only thing I don't like about it atm is that everyone's typing REALLY long posts and I can never be arsed to read them.

FUCK OFF!! ;)
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby HeyMark » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:06 pm

Hahaha mate i'm the same! I just skim threw the topic so that it comes up as read when I go on the site
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Beeks » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:38 pm

that's why Carl's so popular ;-)
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Burt » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:52 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

fucl me...i live practically month to month in my business and if i can tapdance through some tough months i might get the quarter to shake out some problems.

Luckily, we don't judge football managers on the same strict guidelines.

cheers

What da fucl does this mean? You septic tanks don't half speak a different lingo!
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Lev Bronstein » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:02 pm

Ah, that'll be your attention span.

Now, attention span is the amount of time that a person can concentrate on a task without becoming distracted. Most educators and psychologists agree that the ability to focus one's attention on a task is crucial for the achievement of one's goals.
Estimates for the length of human attention span are highly variable and depend on the precise definition of attention being used.

* Focused attention is a short-term response to a stimulus that attracts attention. The attention span for this level is very brief, with a maximum span, without any lapse at all, that may be as short as 8 seconds. This level of attention is attracted by a ringing telephone, or other unexpected occurrence. After a few seconds, it is likely that the person will look away, return to a previous task, or think about something else.
* Sustained attention is the level of attention that produces the consistent results on a task over time. If the task is handling fragile objects, such as hand-washing delicate crystal glasses, then a person showing sustained attention will stay on task and will not break any dishes, but a person who loses focus may break a glass or may stop washing the dishes to do something else. Most healthy teenagers and adults are unable to sustain attention on one thing for more than about 20 minutes at a time, although they can choose repeatedly to re-focus on the same thing.[1] This ability to renew attention permits people to "pay attention" to things that last for more than a few minutes, such as long movies.

Attention span, as measured by sustained attention, or the time spent continuously on task, varies with age. Older children are capable of longer periods of attention than younger children.

For time-on-task measurements, the type of activity used in the test affects the results, as people are generally capable of a longer attention span when they are doing something that they find enjoyable or intrinsically motivating. Attention is also increased if the person is able to perform the task fluently, compared to a person who has difficulty performing the task, or to the same person when he or she is just learning the task. Fatigue, hunger, noise, and emotional stress reduce time on task. Common estimates for sustained attention to a freely chosen task range from about five minutes for a two-year-old child, to a maximum of around 20 minutes in older children and adults.

After losing attention from a topic, a person may restore it by taking a rest, doing a different kind of activity, changing mental focus, or deliberately choosing to re-focus on the first topic.

All clear now.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:05 pm

People aren't wearing enough hats.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john68 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:09 pm

There has been very little divide, apart from a couple of drama queens, most are pretty much in agreement that the present stuff is dire and is becoming unnacceptable to most. However, there is a possibility that when he has the strikers he wants, it might change.
But then again...it might not.

The debate has been pretty polite, no real personal insults thrown out at anyone.

What we need is for Antti to deliver like he did against Hughes, start makinfg shit up, driving people nutty with his nonsense and polarising the board....Where is he when we need him?....:-)
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Dameerto » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:15 pm

I resemble that remark! Why say something in a wall of text when a nutshell will do?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum