Why does MANCINI keep saying "its over" ?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Why does MANCINI keep saying "its over" ?

Postby eastlands-lostboy » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:51 am

It is easy to comment that he is playing mind games, well 0-3 to Sunderland tells me different. At work our boss tells us we are aiming for the stars, so flying to the moon aint good enough ! we have made a shit load of savings and the factory is secure. My point is that he is always positive, does not accept second best and always gives you confidence that we can get where we need to be. MANCINI has this way of understating everything however, there is not always the BIG PAY OFF to go with it. With the resources to hand we all of a sudden seem to have a better squad than others however where is the charisma and leadership that changes football clubs fortunes. Shankley, Revie, Clough, Marinhio, Mercer.....Mancini (not) sorry to say it but it is not working for him, his soft demenour is ok but fucking come on, I WANT SOME ACTION ! he is under selling the club, players and the fans, I WANT MORE !
My wife says " You only support City because they keep going down on you"
eastlands-lostboy
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Re: Why does MANCINI keep saying "its over" ?

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:04 am

The problem is that he's been given a target of 4th because that's a realistic & fair ambition & keeps him in a job but imo it's not getting the best out of him. If we were going for 1st, he would have attacked v rags & thrown the kitchen sink at Brum rather than taking off Tevez. They should move the goalposts like they did with Hughes & tell him we want top 2.

If he misses it & gets 4th then just keep him in the job anyway. He doesn't have to know that in advance.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby eastlands-lostboy » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:25 am

Good comments and at least you feel a similar way, I dont say get rid but he needs to MAN up for MAN City otherwise he will not be MANCINI but mancini if ya get me drift
My wife says " You only support City because they keep going down on you"
eastlands-lostboy
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby colonel_muck » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:15 am

the original poster is correct with the names he mentioned of those who changed football clubs. mancini is rafa benitez with a personality.
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:01 pm

It is starnge that a manager would not show confidence in his players by suggesting there was a chance of the league, afterall, all these players came here to win it didn't they? I'm fairly confident it's just there to take the pressure off and that within the dressing room, it is a different matter.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:49 pm

i have had a few employees through the years who were motivated by doing the impossible...

"but, there's no way you can do that" often created the kind of personal motivation they needed to get something dramatic done, of which I suspected, but could never be sure, they were capable of until they delivered it.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby zuricity » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:25 pm

I have to slightly disagree if i may, but only slightly.

'Brung up' in Hulme, my teachers and most people around me taught me to reach for the sky. The sky is the limit.

The school of hard knocks and the harsh realities of life changed that.

Anyway, I perfected the 'goals and ambitions' to simply always reach as high as you can. Never set boundaries .

So in that respect, I am obviously disheartened when I read '4th place is goal reached'.

However i understand why he says that. Within one sentence he has taken the sting out of the cruel and conniving characters that masquerade as 'members of the press'. Call 'em what you will.

I don't set goals, i just want the best all the time. I go into a football game planning to win it .period.

However

and its a big

HOWEVER,

I have trained teams in the past and played for almost, dare i say it, 50 years.

and

I saw the look on Mancini's face as the camera panned onto him for his reaction as Teves
missed the sitter at Sunderland. I can only conclude from the reaction that Mancini wasn't thinking about Sunderland with that miss, but something along the lines of 'Shit now we'll be chasing Chelsea all the way up to Christmas'.

I may be wrong !

Now i know most people in football ain't so clever. That's ok , but I genuinely think that City know exactly how to use the press and know what they are doing.

Look at it this way.

Every piece of bad press about City STILL keeps us in the press. Still takes up 'inches' in the papers and on the web. Inches that Bolton, United , Arsenal etc would die for.

So, as long as it doesn't get nasty, remember this . City aren't paying one penny for any of the shit that gets written about us, but we're not going away and the Media knows it !

We're quids in
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:25 pm

Oh mother
I can feel
The soil falling over my head
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:03 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:Oh mother
I can feel

George Formby?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:04 pm

eastlands-lostboy wrote:It is easy to comment that he is playing mind games, well 0-3 to Sunderland tells me different. At work our boss tells us we are aiming for the stars, so flying to the moon aint good enough ! we have made a shit load of savings and the factory is secure. My point is that he is always positive, does not accept second best and always gives you confidence that we can get where we need to be. MANCINI has this way of understating everything however, there is not always the BIG PAY OFF to go with it. With the resources to hand we all of a sudden seem to have a better squad than others however where is the charisma and leadership that changes football clubs fortunes. Shankley, Revie, Clough, Marinhio, Mercer.....Mancini (not) sorry to say it but it is not working for him, his soft demenour is ok but fucking come on, I WANT SOME ACTION ! he is under selling the club, players and the fans, I WANT MORE !

I've been quite critical of Mancini and his tactics recently, but I don't have a problem with his press persona. I think he speaks better English than he's letting on, but the 'me'sa dumba forigner' works well with the British press, as it makes the journalists feel superior. He's constantly said 4th will be enough. If that was the case, I don't think you'd say it, as the players will relax. However, if he'd said we're going to win the title, we'd be getting even more grief every time we didn't put 6 past a team.

If we're within 5 points of 1st come Easter, you might start to see the truth emerge. In the meantime, listen to the player interviews and see if they sound like they're aiming for 4th, as I don't think they handle the press as well.

The problem is that his negative tactics may come back to haunt us. I'd have taken a point before the derby to stop the rags going 6 points clear, but the manner of the draw was terrible. More positive against Birmingham, but I still can't work out what the pattern of play was supposed to be. We need to sort that soon, or 4th will be all that's left.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:19 pm

Because he's a negative manager. Fergie or Wenger would easily win the league with this squad. Fact.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby gillie » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:02 am

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:Because he's a negative manager. Fergie or Wenger would easily win the league with this squad. Fact.

Spot on mate and in style i would hasten to add.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Dameerto » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:15 am

gillie wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:Because he's a negative manager. Fergie or Wenger would easily win the league with this squad. Fact.

The obvious difference being, both of them have vastly more experience in the Prem. Mancini is still a rookie but he's a crafty old git in my opinion (I just hope he's a quick learner).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:20 am

Dameerto wrote:
gillie wrote:

The obvious difference being, both of them have vastly more experience in the Prem. Mancini is still a rookie but he's a crafty old git in my opinion (I just hope he's a quick learner).

I recon he probably is a quick learner & he may already be questioning his own choices in the market. I don't think those managers would definitely win the league this season with this squad but I recon they'd attack like fuck with it & finish as high or higher than Mancini, scoring a lot more goals.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby the_georgian_genius » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:25 am

If he says we can win the league (which we cant) and we finish 4th then it will look like a bad season.
If he says we can finish in 4th place and we finish 4th or higher then it will look like a great season.

Can anyone remember when Pearce said we were aiming for the league after a good start and ended up 15th?
the_georgian_genius

Postby Slim » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:27 am

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:Oh mother
I can feel

And as I climb into an empty bed,
Oh well,
Enough said.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:32 am

the_georgian_genius wrote:If he says we can win the league (which we cant) and we finish 4th then it will look like a bad season.
If he says we can finish in 4th place and we finish 4th or higher then it will look like a great season.

Can anyone remember when Pearce said we were aiming for the league after a good start and ended up 15th?

He & the club could say fuck all apart from we'll finish as high as we can & go all out to win a trophy. We've already pissed the best chance of that away though.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby the_georgian_genius » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:48 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
the_georgian_genius wrote:If he says we can win the league (which we cant) and we finish 4th then it will look like a bad season.

He & the club could say fuck all apart from we'll finish as high as we can & go all out to win a trophy. We've already pissed the best chance of that away though.

Have we? Last time i looked we are 6 points behind the top spot sitting comfortably in 4th with the Europa League and FA Cup to play for.
the_georgian_genius

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:52 am

the_georgian_genius wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Have we? Last time i looked we are 6 points behind the top spot sitting comfortably in 4th with the Europa League and FA Cup to play for.

Yes we have. The easiest trophy to win is the one we threw away. Anything else will be much harder.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dameerto » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:54 am

Got to agree - League cup was probably our best shot at silverware this season, but Mancini showed what he thought of it (and the cliuster-fucl it caused to the fixture list) with his final lineup.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum