Why does MANCINI keep saying "its over" ?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Why does MANCINI keep saying "its over" ?

Postby the_georgian_genius » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:02 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
the_georgian_genius wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
the_georgian_genius wrote:If he says we can win the league (which we cant) and we finish 4th then it will look like a bad season.
If he says we can finish in 4th place and we finish 4th or higher then it will look like a great season.

Can anyone remember when Pearce said we were aiming for the league after a good start and ended up 15th?

He & the club could say fuck all apart from we'll finish as high as we can & go all out to win a trophy. We've already pissed the best chance of that away though.

Have we? Last time i looked we are 6 points behind the top spot sitting comfortably in 4th with the Europa League and FA Cup to play for.

Yes we have. The easiest trophy to win is the one we threw away. Anything else will be much harder.

But not impossible.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:22 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
the_georgian_genius wrote:If he says we can win the league (which we cant) and we finish 4th then it will look like a bad season.
If he says we can finish in 4th place and we finish 4th or higher then it will look like a great season.

Can anyone remember when Pearce said we were aiming for the league after a good start and ended up 15th?

He & the club could say fuck all apart from we'll finish as high as we can & go all out to win a trophy. We've already pissed the best chance of that away though.

Have we? Last time i looked we are 6 points behind the top spot sitting comfortably in 4th with the Europa League and FA Cup to play for.

Yes we have. The easiest trophy to win is the one we threw away. Anything else will be much harder.

But not impossible.

Of course not. We're close to being amongst the favourites for everything. I recon we'd've pissed the league cup if we'd tried though & I recon Bob will rest players & lose us the Euro & the FA Cup because he's already purely interested in 4th place now & if we get a sniff of anything better, he'll chuck in every other competition to get the extra place, even if he doesn't need to.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby the_georgian_genius » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:28 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Of course not. We're close to being amongst the favourites for everything. I recon we'd've pissed the league cup if we'd tried though & I recon Bob will rest players & lose us the Euro & the FA Cup because he's already purely interested in 4th place now & if we get a sniff of anything better, he'll chuck in every other competition to get the extra place, even if he doesn't need to.

Would probably agree and lets hope he doesn't as we have a great chance of winning either, espically the europa league.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum