Ancelotti Should Be Sacked

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ancelotti Should Be Sacked

Postby King Kev » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:57 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
the_georgian_genius wrote:
The Goose wrote:Ancelotti is in a different league to Roberto at the moment. Chelsea are going through a bit of a bad patch right now, but much of it is down to their injury problems. League is wide open now.

or how much of it was down to Ray Wilkins?

Wilkins, Terry, Lampard et al have all combined to put a ? against their title credentials. They have only registered 19 players for the Prem which should be a massive concern for them.

NB. Apparently they pummelled Brum but just couldn't get through.
Sounds familiar.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:02 pm

King Kev wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
The Goose wrote:Ancelotti is in a different league to Roberto at the moment. Chelsea are going through a bit of a bad patch right now, but much of it is down to their injury problems. League is wide open now.

Wilkins, Terry, Lampard et al have all combined to put a ? against their title credentials. They have only registered 19 players for the Prem which should be a massive concern for them.

Sounds familiar.

I think we've gotta say that McLiesh got his tactics spot-on, his players had to work hard for it though.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby The Goose » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:02 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

I didn't know that they had only registered 19 players, but I did feel at the beginning of the season that their squad outside of their best XI wasn't great.
The Goose
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: Man City

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:03 pm

Original Dub wrote:No mate, I don't know the goings on at Chelsea. To be honest, I don't actually know all the goings on at any club, so you won't have to ask me that one again.

Now, back in the real world. I'm a football fan who keeps a general eye on other teams and managers and I don't believe that Ray Wilkins was the manza behind Chelsea's double. No more than I thought Brian Kidd was behind United's treble.

Assistant managers are important, but what you're trying to intimate is fucking ridiculous chief.

Ancellotti already won the champions league FFS. And I'm sure he doesn't have Ray fucking Wilkins to thank for that.

Sometimes you will be amazed at the influence and the effect a good assistant manager can have on a number one. In 8 seasons at Milan, Ancellotti won one single league title which isn't good for a top class manager (I know he won 2 champions leagues but i like to judge a manager properly on their league success, sometimes you can get favourable/easy draws in the champions league and abit of luck whereas in the league it is different, for example i'd rather have Wenger than Benitez even though Benitez has a far better european record)

Brian Kidd, Steve McClaren and Carlos Quireoz were vital to fergie's success at the rags, you only have to look at the years those 3 weren't there to see how little they won.

Who knows? Wilkins departure may have an effect on Chelsea's season, it certainly is at the moment and Ancellotti isn't shaping up too well in the meantime but i'm sure they will get back to winning ways soon.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:04 pm

The Goose wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I didn't know that they had only registered 19 players, but I did feel at the beginning of the season that their squad outside of their best XI wasn't great.

I think they just might be dipping into the transfer market come January.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:05 pm

Original Dub wrote:No mate, I don't know the goings on at Chelsea. To be honest, I don't actually know all the goings on at any club, so you won't have to ask me that one again.

Now, back in the real world. I'm a football fan who keeps a general eye on other teams and managers and I don't believe that Ray Wilkins was the manza behind Chelsea's double. No more than I thought Brian Kidd was behind United's treble.

Assistant managers are important, but what you're trying to intimate is fucking ridiculous chief.

Ancellotti already won the champions league FFS. And I'm sure he doesn't have Ray fucking Wilkins to thank for that.

Sometimes you will be amazed at the influence and the effect a good assistant manager can have on a number one. In 8 seasons at Milan, Ancellotti won one single league title which isn't good for a top class manager (I know he won 2 champions leagues but i like to judge a manager properly on their league success, sometimes you can get favourable/easy draws in the champions league and abit of luck whereas in the league it is different, for example i'd rather have Wenger than Benitez even though Benitez has a far better european record)

Brian Kidd, Steve McClaren and Carlos Quireoz were vital to fergie's success at the rags, you only have to look at the years those 3 weren't there to see how little they won.

Who knows? Wilkins departure may have an effect on Chelsea's season, it certainly is at the moment and Ancellotti isn't shaping up too well in the meantime but i'm sure they will get back to winning ways soon.

I noted that assistant managers were important, but Ancellotti is a top manager who won the double in his first season. Wilkins was there when Scolari was there too..
Original Dub

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:10 pm

Original Dub wrote:

I noted that assistant managers were important, but Ancellotti is a top manager who won the double in his first season. Wilkins was there when Scolari was there too..

I'm not denying that he isn't and i'm not lauding Wilkins as some kind of behind the scenes genius, actually i don't know where i'm going with this point. The original comment was a sarcastic one!!

As for Scolari, his record at club management is awful.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Original Dub » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:24 pm

Original Dub wrote:

I'm not denying that he isn't and i'm not lauding Wilkins as some kind of behind the scenes genius, actually i don't know where i'm going with this point. The original comment was a sarcastic one!!

As for Scolari, his record at club management is awful.

I think this wilkins thing may well cause a slight distraction, but I'd say having Terry and Lampard missing with an unfit Alex is more the reason for their spell of late.

Well, if we win tomorrow, we're three points of the top because of everyone else's fuck ups and no one in the land can deny that going into the xmas run that we have as good a chance as anyone.

Did I say "if"? Just making sure, because it s a pretty big if at this stage.

Chelsea suffer without Lampard. Liverpool suffer without Gerrard. Arsenal suffer without Fabregas.

We just don't bother with a central attacking midfielder. Go figure, as my good friend Doomy or some other american knob-end would say.

Cheers
Original Dub

Postby bluej » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:09 pm

Quite a few 'tweets' flying round that Ancelotti has been sacked/is resigning. Could all be bollocks but its gathering a bit of momentum.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby saulman » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:28 pm

bluej wrote:Quite a few 'tweets' flying round that Ancelotti has been sacked/is resigning. Could all be bollocks but its gathering a bit of momentum.

Hmmmmm. Sacked whilst at the top of the table?

Bollocks, m'thinks.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby bluej » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:51 pm

saulman wrote:
bluej wrote:Quite a few 'tweets' flying round that Ancelotti has been sacked/is resigning. Could all be bollocks but its gathering a bit of momentum.

Hmmmmm. Sacked whilst at the top of the table?

Bollocks, m'thinks.

Think its more to do with Ancelotti not being offered a contract extension and having this bloke forced on him as Wilkin's replacement.

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london ... -27689674/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ds-newsxml

Allegedly he has tendered his resignation but the board have turned it down.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby CityFanFromRome » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:39 am

Original Dub wrote:

I'm not saying it was Wilkins' merit if they won the double last season but it does seem that his sacking has upset Chelsea quite a bit. I mean, injuries or not they have slumped badly these last few games. I guess we will just have to wait and see how the situation develops to be able to gauge Wilkins' real importance there at the Bridge.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:02 pm

He's got 5 points from 18. Been beaten by Dippers and Brum away, hammered by Sunderland at home, and not able to beat very average side's in the Geordies and today Everton.

I can't see Roman hanging around much longer, can you?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby aaron bond » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:09 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:He's got 5 points from 18. Been beaten by Dippers and Brum away, hammered by Sunderland at home, and not able to beat very average side's in the Geordies and today Everton.

If he's been playing the type of football the fans want though it's ok isn't it?
aaron bond

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:12 pm

aaron bond wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:He's got 5 points from 18. Been beaten by Dippers and Brum away, hammered by Sunderland at home, and not able to beat very average side's in the Geordies and today Everton.

If he's been playing the type of football the fans want though it's ok isn't it?

Is it?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby aaron bond » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:16 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
aaron bond wrote:

Is it?

Well Mancini is in the good books with most people now so I think possibly...
aaron bond

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:25 pm

aaron bond wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
aaron bond wrote:

Is it?

Do points not count?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby aaron bond » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:33 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
aaron bond wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
aaron bond wrote:

Is it?

Do points not count?

I think so. But there are others who think performance is more important. Depends on your POV I suppose.
aaron bond

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:36 pm

I bet the FIFA grease palming, vacant looking, ostentatious dingy owner is on the phone to Hiddink talking about another 6 month stint in the job this evening :-)
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:04 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:I bet the FIFA grease palming, vacant looking, ostentatious dingy owner is on the phone to Hiddink talking about another 6 month stint in the job this evening :-)

That's my take aswell mate. No way will Roman be happy and now with Wilkins gone I can see him going for a clean sweep.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum