Yaya Toure stories leaked to the press - Tidbit ITK

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Yaya Toure stories leaked to the press - Tidbit ITK

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:41 am

Burt wrote:The point that everyone appears to missing, is that Twatt is leaking info but it's him and Bobby that must have said YES to Toure's request. What a stupid Twatt he is exposing them!

Maybe not. Maybe it's marwood who said yes. Which also would explain why platt is willing to leak it.

Let's remember that Hughes end came when his position was untenable with marwood and cook and not just because of the results on the pitch.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:57 pm

So Mancini buys a player, watches him not perform, allows him to leave early, then slags him off to the press (via his bitch).

Anything in that no make sense? Try changing some of the words to Marwood and it starts to. That is very worrying, as it suggests a power struggle at the top. If that's true, booing fans are the least of our worries.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:51 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:So Mancini buys a player, watches him not perform, allows him to leave early, then slags him off to the press (via his bitch).

Anything in that no make sense? Try changing some of the words to Marwood and it starts to. That is very worrying, as it suggests a power struggle at the top. If that's true, booing fans are the least of our worries.

exactly...this is the classic continental thumbwrestle, isn't it? Mancini knows how to operate in this environment, but Marwood doesn't. Neither does Cook.

I'd suggest Marwood would get tossed out on his ear before Mancini.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:54 pm

A bit off topic but also on ! These stories about Yaya being paid 200 K a week. Is there any truth in them. Has it ever been confirmed by the club ?
Are there any other players in the EPL earning 200 K a week ? I think Shrek's new deal pays him something like that but but I don't know of any others.
What does Tevez earn ?
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:35 pm

Dubaimancityfan wrote:A bit off topic but also on ! These stories about Yaya being paid 200 K a week. Is there any truth in them. Has it ever been confirmed by the club ?
Are there any other players in the EPL earning 200 K a week ? I think Shrek's new deal pays him something like that but but I don't know of any others.
What does Tevez earn ?

i honestly have no genuine idea what any City footballer makes. And i don't think too many people really do.

I don't believe for one second that Yaya makes 200K a week.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:43 pm

Dubaimancityfan wrote:A bit off topic but also on ! These stories about Yaya being paid 200 K a week. Is there any truth in them. Has it ever been confirmed by the club ?
What does Tevez earn ?

Marwood sort of confirmed it once, but said it included win bonuses etc. I got the impression if we won everything and he scored all the goals, his average would be about £200k a week.

The fact he's on performance related pay then led one paper to scream about the ridiculous bonuses we were paying. Looks to me like the right way to do it, but perhaps they should have made all Yaya's pay performance related. The lack of food he'd be getting would at least slim him down.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:27 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:
What does Tevez earn ?

Marwood sort of confirmed it once, but said it included win bonuses etc. I got the impression if we won everything and he scored all the goals, his average would be about £200k a week.

The fact he's on performance related pay then led one paper to scream about the ridiculous bonuses we were paying. Looks to me like the right way to do it, but perhaps they should have made all Yaya's pay performance related. The lack of food he'd be getting would at least slim him down.

Yeah I now seem to remember hearing something like what you say, that its performance related but like Doomy said I don't believe for a minute that Yaya is getting 200 K a week. However its been reported in the press as a fact !
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:40 pm

Dubaimancityfan wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:
What does Tevez earn ?

Yeah I now seem to remember hearing something like what you say, that its performance related but like Doomy said I don't believe for a minute that Yaya is getting 200 K a week. However its been reported in the press as a fact !

Thought the fact was £220k a week. Or was it £250k a week that it went up to? Or was it less, because Rooney is now highest paid player on £200k a week.

Never really understood why the club or the player would tell the press. They obviously do though, otherwise the papers are just making up shit that you can't disprove without sticking your wage slip on your facebook page.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum