Sunday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Sunday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:47 am

Hiddink claims City and Liverpool summer approach
Guus Hiddink has delivered the bombshell revelation that he was offered the Manchester City manager’s job last summer.
Pressure is now mounting on Roberto Mancini as his team were booed off by angry City fans following the goalless draw with Birmingham ­yesterday.
It’s been six weeks since they’ve seen their team score a home League goal. And Hiddink, the 64 year-old former Chelsea boss, revealed: “In the summer City and Liverpool both came to me with an inquiry.
“But at my age I don’t want to manage a club again for seven days a week over three years.”
Liverpool were in the market for a new manager following Rafa Benitez’s departure to Inter Milan.
But Hiddink’s claim will cause huge embarrassment to City, who have insisted they have never looked to replace Mancini.
Last night Vicky Kloss, City’s Chief Communications officer, said: “We strenuously deny that we have ever spoken to Guus Hiddink or any other ­manager about the ­possibility of succeeding Roberto Mancini.”
City have won just one of their last five League games, taking only five points.
They’ve scored just three goals in these games and that’s why City fans are ­becoming frustrated by their manager’s safety first tactics. Eastlands has been a volatile place in recent times. But Mancini will be angry at claims that City were ready to replace him.
City have also rejected allegations that Mancini had a bust-up in training last week with ­Emmanuel Adebayor, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Wayne Bridge and Joleon Lescott.
None of them were in the first-team squad for yesterday’s game.

Furious fans put Mancini on back foot
Manchester City, once again, left their supporters craving more. This was another performance to frustrate their supporters, the most expensively assembled team in English football lacking the wit to break down an obdurate Birmingham side, and the crowd's dissatisfaction manifested itself in the first show of open hostility against Roberto Mancini in his 11 months in the job.
The dissent was loud and prolonged, even vicious at times. Mancini's decision to replace a striker, Carlos Tevez, with a defensive midfielder, Gareth Barry, five minutes from the end was particularly contentious, prompting an enraged chant of "What the f*** is going on?" The song in support of Craig Bellamy, loaned to Cardiff City after falling out with Mancini, told another story, as did the boos at the final whistle and the angry shouts directed towards the Italian around the dugout.
To give them their due, Mancini's team subjected their opponents to concerted second-half pressure but it was still flat and uninspiring. The closest they came was when Stephen Carr cleared James Milner's shot off the line a minute into the second half but, that apart, this was a performance that compounded the growing suspicion that English football's richest spenders are not playing with the adventure expected of a club that began the season promising a serious tilt at the championship.
"I'm as frustrated as anyone," an animated Mancini said afterwards. "I wanted to win, I didn't want a draw. We had 17 chances in the second half. Okay, the first half we played slowly but the players are not robots, they have been playing every three days and they are tired."
Explaining the withdrawal of Tevez, he added: "Carlos has had a little injury for two to three weeks and I thought it would help us create chances by putting on Barry. We have had a problem all season and it is that if Carlos does not score we haven't another player who can score a goal."
This was an unusually pugnacious Mancini, and he reacted indignantly when he was asked whether he felt under pressure. "What pressure? You say I'm under pressure -- I'm not under pressure. We are fourth; we have some problems and we must improve, but what pressure? Because the supporters say: 'Oh, we should put on two strikers'?
"All supporters think like this, in England and Italy. But if they think that I should put on four strikers and we would score four goals ... no, that's not the way football is. If football was like that, I would put on 10 strikers."
Whether that argument will appease the supporters is a matter for debate.
There was audible dissent shortly before the interval when Jerome Boateng played a pass back to Vincent Kompany rather than going forward and, although Birmingham manager Alex McLeish described the second half as "a bit scary", the volume was turned up another notch against the home side at the final whistle.

Man Utd defender Ferdinand: Sir Alex would never allow us to play like Man City
Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand has questioned Manchester City's ambition after last week's drab derby draw.
Ferdinand admitted City’s cautious policy had frustrated United and said Sir Alex Ferguson would never allow his players to play in such a negative way in front of their own fans at Old Trafford.
“With City being at home, we expected them to come out and want to play against us,” Ferdinand told the Mirror. “But they just sat there and waited for us to come to them.
“Our manager wouldn’t allow us to play that way. That’s why he’s achieved what he has. He wouldn’t allow us to play at home and not attack and express ourselves.
“That’s what the boss always says to us before every game: ‘go out there, express yourselves and enjoy playing football’, which is what we always try to do.
“Everyone’s got their own style. Roberto Mancini is obviously Italian and has got his own way of thinking. If he thinks that’s the way he’s going to be successful at City then good for him.
“I can only speak as a United player and we would definitely never go out at Old Trafford and play defensively like that. It just doesn’t happen. City have got flair players like David Silva, Adam Johnson and Carlos Tevez, so it was surprising they played the way they did.
“But The game against City was probably our most solid, collective performance of the season. we controlled the game, defended well and passed the ball well in a pressurised situation away from home.”

WAG OF THE DAY

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Liverpool's Glen Johnson wants to leave the club after a "complete breakdown in his relationship with manager Roy Hodgson". The England right-back is said to be annoyed at the public criticism levelled at him from the boss earlier in the week.
Mail on Sunday

Liverpool are keen on FC Twente forward Luuk De Jong as a long-term replacement for Dirk Kuyt. Sunday People

In addition, the Merseysiders are reportedly interested in signing Borussia Dortmund forward Lucas Barrios. caughtoffside.com

Tottenham will consider selling striker Peter Crouch when the January transfer window opens for business. Sunday Mirror

Spurs will also contemplate the sale of England winger Aaron Lennon, as they step up their bid to land Aston Villa wide-man Ashley Young. Sunday People

The North Londoners will make a cut-price move for West Ham defender Matthew Upson in the next transfer window. News of the World

Juventus are reportedly interested in signing Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner after the Dane issued an ultimatum that he would seek a move unless he plays more regularly. caughtoffside.com

Arsenal have their eyes on Paris Saint Germain centre-back Mamadou Sakho, according to reports in French newspaper Le Parisien. imscouting.com

Roma have joined the race to sign Bolton's £15m-rated defender Gary Cahill. Sunday People

Chelsea and Manchester United are set to battle it out for German Under 21 international midfielder Ilkay Gundogan next summer. caughtoffside.com

Defender Patrice Evra is set to quit Manchester United next summer and sign for Real Madrid, even if he extends his contract at Old Trafford. News of the World

However, United are set to miss out of Real Madrid midfielder Lassana Diarra, who wishes to remain at the Bernabeu and fight for his place, according to his agent. imscouting.com

Sunderland boss Steve Bruce fears he will lose star midfielder Jordan Henderson to Manchester United, after Red Devils boss Sir Alex Ferguson asked to be "kept informed" about the player. News of the World

Jon Mikel Obi's ­national team boss - Nigeria coach ­Samson Siasia - has told him to quit Chelsea claiming the club have ­destroyed the ­midfielder's ­attacking instincts. Sunday Mirror

Aston Villa boss Gerrard Houllier will be handed a £30m transfer kitty by club owner Randy Lerner in January. Sunday People

Stoke manager Tony Pulis fears his plans to sign on-loan winger Jermaine Pennant could fall apart due to a lack of communication with his parent club Real Zaragoza. Sunday Mirror

Blackburn striker Jason Roberts is a January target for his former club Wigan and Championship high-flyers QPR.
Sunday People

OTHER BOLLOX
Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has been sounded out by the FA about replacing Fabio Capello when he stands down as England coach after Euro 2012. Sunday Mirror

While not being high up the list of managers in danger of the sack after a tricky weekend, Everton manager David Moyes admits he fears for his job every single day. Sunday Express

"I'm still ready to resign," says Ian Holloway despite being impressed by his side's 0-0 draw at West Ham. The outspoken Blackpool manager says he regrets upsetting Wolves counterpart Mick McCarthy. The Independent

Meanwhile, with Avram Grant's position as West Ham manager under threat, QPR boss Neil Warnock has emerged as the leading contender to replace him. Sunday People

LA Galaxy midfielder David Beckham will have to find himself a loan club during the American close season, starting in January, if he has a chance of making a return to Fabio Capello's England squad. Sunday People

Arsenal's French full-back Gael Clichy admits that he has no idea how he will shackle fellow Gunner and England winger Theo Walcott in the international friendly between their two nations on Wednesday, despite having plenty of practice in club training. Sunday People

Manchester United are likely to be hit by a £65,000 fine this week due to manager Sir Alex Ferguson's continued refusal to cooperate with the BBC. Mail on Sunday
Last edited by Chinners on Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Sunday's B*ll*x

Postby ant london » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:58 am

if ever there was a day when we need a WAG.......and you let us down
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby ENIAM NAM » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:04 am

Just a different type of wag.

Were After Gus
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Chinners » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:14 am

ant london wrote:if ever there was a day when we need a WAG.......and you let us down

Ha ha, I was just searching thats all ... tsk
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:54 pm

Is it common knowledge that Rooney agreed to sign for us before the world cup but then bottled it?
MARKMAKAVELI
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:48 pm

MARKMAKAVELI wrote:Is it common knowledge that Rooney agreed to sign for us before the world cup but then bottled it?

yes.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:39 pm

ok lol i wasnt sure. david platt was the one i heard it from through a cast iron source. hmmm.
MARKMAKAVELI
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby HeyMark » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:48 pm

MARKMAKAVELI wrote:ok lol i wasnt sure. david platt was the one i heard it from through a cast iron source. hmmm.

i wasn't aware of this mate. cheers for the info
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:50 pm

MARKMAKAVELI wrote:Is it common knowledge that Rooney agreed to sign for us before the world cup but then bottled it?

How could he do that without the knowledge of his club?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Return to The Maine Football forum