Bellamy chants.........

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Bellamy chants.........

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:34 pm

Bellamy played in a negative side last season. he isn't wasn't the answer.
but then again I don't suppose that was the point of the chant.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby sandman » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:35 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
sandman wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
sandman wrote:
You are right, Dunne did go under Hughes, my bad.

Even when the media were spouting all this Bellamy shit he was playing, he was fantastic in the Derbys despite all the media bullshit. Whether you like it or not, Bellamy is not the player you fell in love with, you may not agree but that is because you are looking for excuse to blame mancini, but the fact is you will never see him play at level again in the Premier League, not through lack of chance, he has had offers but because he cant do it.

Why the fuck would I be looking for an excuse to blame Mancini? Mancini got rid of him, end of story. In pre season Bellamy ran his balls off & looked fine then was sacked. Nothing to do with not looking fit whatsoever. You don't sack a player because he may be injured in 4 months time, it had fuck all to do with it & you know it. Whatever his current condition, I recon he'll beat any 10 of Mancini's current 1st team in a sprint right now & work twice as hard as Yaya Toure or Balotelli. That will do for me. Well worth a place.

Maybe because you were firmly in the Hughes in crowd and now you want rid of his successor.

He isnt playing well, that is a fact, your ifs and buts cannot guarantee his form in the premier league but the facts are he is not playing well and he has even said his body is letting him down.

I don't want rid of Manci & have argued the case for keeping him in every thread. What a completely wankerish thing to say just to try & give your argument some semblence of credibility.

Well I can back up with facts that Bellamy isnt playing well. I can also point out that he is in league with slower and lower standard players, I can also point out that he has openly admitted that his body is letting him down

You are basing you opinion on the fact that he was good for us a year ago?

Who makes the wankerish statements? You cant let go of an old hero, I dont want to but know I have to...
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Alioune DVToure » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:39 pm

sandman wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
sandman wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
sandman wrote:
You are right, Dunne did go under Hughes, my bad.

Even when the media were spouting all this Bellamy shit he was playing, he was fantastic in the Derbys despite all the media bullshit. Whether you like it or not, Bellamy is not the player you fell in love with, you may not agree but that is because you are looking for excuse to blame mancini, but the fact is you will never see him play at level again in the Premier League, not through lack of chance, he has had offers but because he cant do it.

Why the fuck would I be looking for an excuse to blame Mancini? Mancini got rid of him, end of story. In pre season Bellamy ran his balls off & looked fine then was sacked. Nothing to do with not looking fit whatsoever. You don't sack a player because he may be injured in 4 months time, it had fuck all to do with it & you know it. Whatever his current condition, I recon he'll beat any 10 of Mancini's current 1st team in a sprint right now & work twice as hard as Yaya Toure or Balotelli. That will do for me. Well worth a place.

Maybe because you were firmly in the Hughes in crowd and now you want rid of his successor.

He isnt playing well, that is a fact, your ifs and buts cannot guarantee his form in the premier league but the facts are he is not playing well and he has even said his body is letting him down.

I don't want rid of Manci & have argued the case for keeping him in every thread. What a completely wankerish thing to say just to try & give your argument some semblence of credibility.

Well I can back up with facts that Bellamy isnt playing well. I can also point out that he is in league with slower and lower standard players, I can also point out that he has openly admitted that his body is letting him down

You are basing you opinion on the fact that he was good for us a year ago?

Who makes the wankerish statements? You cant let go of an old hero, I dont want to but know I have to...

Go on then - Let's see these facts that conclusively prove beyond any mattter of opinion that Bellamy isn't playing well.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby King Kev » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:05 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:For all those saying Bellamy isn't playing well at Cardiff, I'd question how many games they've actually seen him play there....
He has only played 8 league games this season and only netted twice in those games.

I don't think you need to see him play to know that he isn't setting the Championship alight.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dameerto » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:12 pm

Plus four assists - that's a healthy return of goals to starts that he's been involved in.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby sandman » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:17 pm

King Kev wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:For all those saying Bellamy isn't playing well at Cardiff, I'd question how many games they've actually seen him play there....
He has only played 8 league games this season and only netted twice in those games.

I don't think you need to see him play to know that he isn't setting the Championship alight.

Plus on seeing two of his performances they have been less than impressive.
sandman

Postby gaudy » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:41 pm

ted your posts make complete sense.
he certainly isnt the answer to all our problems but as you said he would lift the crowd and not just that the team mates around him.
hes a lad that motivates players and without doubt would have riled the team against the scum and/or brum.
gaudy
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:44 pm

It's not important how well he is or is not doing at Cardiff. It shouldn't be an issue - he should be an option available for us.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby gaudy » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:56 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:It's not important how well he is or is not doing at Cardiff. It shouldn't be an issue - he should be an option available for us.

exactly.how he is doing in cardiff is irrelevent.
gaudy
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Alioune DVToure » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:10 pm

sandman wrote:
King Kev wrote:

KK - Bit cheap of you to quote an excerpt of my comment, purposely avoiding the main point I made. Here's the full comment:

"For all those saying Bellamy isn't playing well at Cardiff, I'd question how many games they've actually seen him play there. I've seen him two or three times this season and he's played well each time, upping the tempo of the game and running into channels to stretch defences. He's never been a prolific scorer, and goals aren't the principal thing he brings to a team.

I think a lot of people are using this nonsense "Bellamy is past it" lark in a broader attempt to shield Mancini from criticism. It was only six months ago that he was one of our top 3 or 4 performers. Mancini shouldn't be immune from criticism - the last manager was subjected to loads.

Personally I think he was wrong to let Bellers go, but I'd be dismayed to see YET ANOTHER change of manager. They all make mistakes, and this has to count as a mistake on Mancini's part."

Sandman - I'm still waiting on your irrefutable evidence that shows that Bellamy isn't doing a good job at Cardiff. What you've given is an opinion, which is no more or less valid than my contrary opinion, so please don't pass it off as fact. You've seen a couple of games like I have, maybe not even the same ones.

Perhaps you can quote me directly too instead of waiting for someone else to respond first. Answer the question - Where are the hard facts that you promised, the evidence that Bellamy isn't playing well?
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby King Kev » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:41 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:
sandman wrote:
King Kev wrote:

KK - Bit cheap of you to quote an excerpt of my comment, purposely avoiding the main point I made. Here's the full comment:

"For all those saying Bellamy isn't playing well at Cardiff, I'd question how many games they've actually seen him play there. I've seen him two or three times this season and he's played well each time, upping the tempo of the game and running into channels to stretch defences. He's never been a prolific scorer, and goals aren't the principal thing he brings to a team.

I think a lot of people are using this nonsense "Bellamy is past it" lark in a broader attempt to shield Mancini from criticism. It was only six months ago that he was one of our top 3 or 4 performers. Mancini shouldn't be immune from criticism - the last manager was subjected to loads.

Personally I think he was wrong to let Bellers go, but I'd be dismayed to see YET ANOTHER change of manager. They all make mistakes, and this has to count as a mistake on Mancini's part."

Sandman - I'm still waiting on your irrefutable evidence that shows that Bellamy isn't doing a good job at Cardiff. What you've given is an opinion, which is no more or less valid than my contrary opinion, so please don't pass it off as fact. You've seen a couple of games like I have, maybe not even the same ones.

Perhaps you can quote me directly too instead of waiting for someone else to respond first. Answer the question - Where are the hard facts that you promised, the evidence that Bellamy isn't playing well?

I read your full comment but only wanted to reply to part of it. I thought the ...... that I left after your comment made it obvious to anybody reading it that I hadn't quoted your post in full.

Sorry it upset you, that wasn't my intention.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:48 pm

First post on this board and a good topic to begin haha.
As people have said, it was more of a protest against Mancini than a declaration of love for Bellamy.
However I think it was a mistake letting him go. I hate sounding like Alan Hansen but the one thing defenders hate playing against is pace and Bellamy had pace in abundance. Not only did he have off the ball pace, his pace with the ball at his feet was fantastic aswell. I loved Bellamy as a player; passion, determination and a desire to win and never give up, never, ever backing out of a challenge, he got the crowd going and lifted the team.
Bellamy's off the field actions are well documented and this often overshadows, importantly what a fantastic player he is. He was arguably the best winger in the league last season, scoring and creating many important goals.

Look at us now and we are so slow coming out of defence. We can't counter because we are not quick enough. Tevez and Silva are quality but don't have pace. We miss an outlet, someone who you can knock the ball down the line to when you're under pressure and we need someone like that. Whether that is Bellamy or someone else, we are badly lacking pace in this side.
At the moment, whenever we break, we often have no outlet on the wings and are far too slow and the move breaks down as the other team can quickly get men behind the ball.

Also against United they played a very high defensive line. Which meant they pushed us right back into our own half. We were crting out for someone with pace who could get behind their defence. I seem to remember Petrov having good games against United and Bellamy had two cracking games against United last season.

So I'm not saying Mancini out, I'm saying on reflection it was a very foolish decision to let Bellamy go.
Last edited by Bridge'srightfoot on Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby Alioune DVToure » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:52 pm

King Kev wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:
sandman wrote:
King Kev wrote:

I read your full comment but only wanted to reply to part of it. I thought the ...... that I left after your comment made it obvious to anybody reading it that I hadn't quoted your post in full.

Sorry it upset you, that wasn't my intention.

I'm inconsolable. Selective quoting does change the thrust of someone's point though.

The point still stands - Bellamy isn't one to be judged on his goals-to-games ratio. We all know that there's much more to his game than just being a goal-getter. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that he got as many assists as goals last season.

We miss his influence on the pitch. He grabs the initiative when the game's a bit flat. And he's been doing the same at Cardiff whenever I've seen him play. No stats can adequately sum-up this type of player's contribution (whereas they can, say, for Darren Bent).
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby King Kev » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:00 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:I'm inconsolable. Selective quoting does change the thrust of someone's point though....

Soz, it won't happen again x
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Alioune DVToure » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:02 pm

King Kev wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:I'm inconsolable. Selective quoting does change the thrust of someone's point though....

Soz, it won't happen again x

Forgiven.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby mr_nool » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:43 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Bellamy played in a negative side last season. he isn't wasn't the answer.
but then again I don't suppose that was the point of the chant.

Spot on Piccs! We're not playing on the break this season, and the reason for that has nothing to do with missing Craig.
In most games we struggle because we have to find a way through a team with 10 men behind the ball. Quick and accurate passing, and good movement off the ball is the way to solve this - not running the 100 metre dash in under 11 seconds.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Chinners » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:00 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:First post on this board and a good topic to begin haha.
As people have said, it was more of a protest against Mancini than a declaration of love for Bellamy.
However I think it was a mistake letting him go. I hate sounding like Alan Hansen but the one thing defenders hate playing against is pace and Bellamy had pace in abundance. Not only did he have off the ball pace, his pace with the ball at his feet was fantastic aswell. I loved Bellamy as a player; passion, determination and a desire to win and never give up, never, ever backing out of a challenge, he got the crowd going and lifted the team.
Bellamy's off the field actions are well documented and this often overshadows, importantly what a fantastic player he is. He was arguably the best winger in the league last season, scoring and creating many important goals.

Look at us now and we are so slow coming out of defence. We can't counter because we are not quick enough. Tevez and Silva are quality but don't have pace. We miss an outlet, someone who you can knock the ball down the line to when you're under pressure and we need someone like that. Whether that is Bellamy or someone else, we are badly lacking pace in this side.
At the moment, whenevr we break, we often have no outlet on the wings and are far too slow and the move breaks down as the other team can quickly get men behind the ball.

Also against United they played a very high defensive line. Which meant they pushed us right back into our own half. We were crting out for someone with pace who could get behind their defence. I seem to remember Petrov having good games against United and Bellamy had two crackign games against United last season.

So I'm not saying Mancini out, I'm saying on reflection it was a very foolsih decision to let Bellamy go.

Thats a cracking first post. I think mine was 'ha ha'
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:01 pm

Chinners wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:First post on this board and a good topic to begin haha.

At the moment, whenevr we break, we often have no outlet on the wings and are far too slow and the move breaks down as the other team can quickly get men behind the ball.

Also against United they played a very high defensive line. Which meant they pushed us right back into our own half. We were crting out for someone with pace who could get behind their defence. I seem to remember Petrov having good games against United and Bellamy had two crackign games against United last season.

So I'm not saying Mancini out, I'm saying on reflection it was a very foolsih decision to let Bellamy go.

Thats a cracking first post. I think mine was 'ha ha'

The thing is when you play against a side with little pace you can afford to push your defesnive line right up the pitch. That's what United did against us, Vidic and Ferdinand often were lined up in our half. Why can they do that? Because they know even if we break we have no quick players who will get to the ball first over the top or down the line. There was so much space inbehind United's defence it was begging for a quick player in behind.

In fact look at Chelsea away last year, Bellamy's goal which put us infront. That was all down to pace and having a quick outlet. Now we have no one who can carry a ball that distance that quickly except SWP maybe.
In hindsight, we were much more dangerous going forward with Bellamy. It wasn't just goals and assists he brought, he got the crowd going aswell. Sometimes when a player does something as simple as a thumping challenge it can lift the players.

Whether Bellamy still has it in his locker is a different matter but anyone saying we made the right decision in letting him go is deluding themselves.
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby colonel_muck » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:09 pm

i sung his name because he has been one of our best and most consistent performers. mancini has dropped a massive bollock. bellamy's demeanour as a player totally changed with us. he was not a negative influence on the dressing room, it's just an easy story to write. if he doesn't get on with mancini fine, but surely both should do whats best for the team. i think bellamy was happy to go along with this, mancini's fault I BELIEVE.
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby the_georgian_genius » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:18 am

I think that if Bellamy had been playing now for us then by the end of the season we would of won the champions league, the 2014 world cup and had a cure for cancer...........................

HE IS THAT GOOD!
the_georgian_genius

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum