Money has ruined us

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Money has ruined us

Postby Kladze » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:36 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
the_georgian_genius wrote:alot of replies on here have just proved what i wrote originally.

Thanks for proving it lads!

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Many of us hated boring football when Pearce was here. We were skint then & had no way of signing players but we still refused to accept that it's neccessary to be dull. Now teams are starting to prove that by coming up from the championship & playing good football. City fans on the whole, have never accepted boring football. There's nothing new about that, it's always been the same, money or no money.

Quite ironic that someone who takes his user-name from one of the best flair players I've ever seen chooses to accept it though.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby gillie » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:36 am

the_georgian_genius wrote:
gillie wrote:
the_georgian_genius wrote:alot of replies on here have just proved what i wrote originally.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Dont try to be all freudian GG it does'nt suit you mate your op has proved nothing imo apart from getting posters reaction to Saturdays game which was dire as an entertaiment spectacle.When i pay out money to be entertained thats what i expect not the mine numbingly dross that was served up for my pounds on Saturday.

TGG not GG gilly!!

There was only one TGG and you are not him my friend so you GG mate.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:39 am

Kladze wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Many of us hated boring football when Pearce was here. We were skint then & had no way of signing players but we still refused to accept that it's neccessary to be dull. Now teams are starting to prove that by coming up from the championship & playing good football. City fans on the whole, have never accepted boring football. There's nothing new about that, it's always been the same, money or no money.

Quite ironic that someone who takes his user-name from one of the best flair players I've ever seen chooses to accept it though.

He's probably thinking of Murtaz Shelia.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby the_georgian_genius » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:40 am

Ted Hughes wrote:

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

No one should accept boring football, if this kind of football continues in 2-3 years then i will want a new manager in place regardless of what he has won or done, but you cannot expect attractive football and results 11 months into a new era, one has got to give temporarily and at the moment i am happy to accept boring football in order to achieve our goals for this season. I am paitent.

Spurs will give their fans value for money this season but will they be celebrating as much as us come the end of May?
the_georgian_genius

Postby the_georgian_genius » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:42 am

Kladze wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

for the time being, i'd like to see us win a trophy, i've seen us play some wonderfull exciting stuff but have nothing to show for it, in 2-3 years i would like both.
the_georgian_genius

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:49 am

Ted Hughes wrote:

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

No one should accept boring football, if this kind of football continues in 2-3 years then i will want a new manager in place regardless of what he has won or done, but you cannot expect attractive football and results 11 months into a new era, one has got to give temporarily and at the moment i am happy to accept boring football in order to achieve our goals for this season. I am paitent.

Spurs will give their fans value for money this season but will they be celebrating as much as us come the end of May?

We're two & a half years into a new era not 11 months. We already knew how to attack before Bob got here. He tightened the defence but wiped out the attack. There's no need to do that. You don't have to be piss boring to come 4th. I'm fed up of people saying that's the case, it's simply not true. Bob doesn't want to be shit at attacking, it's by accident not on purpose. It's a flaw that he needs to solve. He even admits it ffs! Why people are pretending it's somehow a requirement I don't know. I want Bob to be here at the end of the season & us to be in 4th. He won't be if we play like the last two games. Teams who score goals will overtake us, he'll get bood off & sacked. That's no good for anyone. We need more performances like WBA not like rags & Brum. It's not good enough.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby the_georgian_genius » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:05 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

We're two & a half years into a new era not 11 months. We already knew how to attack before Bob got here. He tightened the defence but wiped out the attack. There's no need to do that. You don't have to be piss boring to come 4th. I'm fed up of people saying that's the case, it's simply not true. Bob doesn't want to be shit at attacking, it's by accident not on purpose. It's a flaw that he needs to solve. He even admits it ffs! Why people are pretending it's somehow a requirement I don't know. I want Bob to be here at the end of the season & us to be in 4th. He won't be if we play like the last two games. Teams who score goals will overtake us, he'll get bood off & sacked. That's no good for anyone. We need more performances like WBA not like rags & Brum. It's not good enough.

We're two and a half years into a new era with the owners, with the manager and the current squad it is 11 months.

I never said you had to be piss boring to come 4th, Spurs last year showed you didn't, but this style of football at the moment is getting us results and we are currently 4th, i will settle for another 6 months of this if we reach our target of qualifying for the champions league. That is settle Ted not want.
the_georgian_genius

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:14 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

We're two and a half years into a new era with the owners, with the manager and the current squad it is 11 months.

I never said you had to be piss boring to come 4th, Spurs last year showed you didn't, but this style of football at the moment is getting us results and we are currently 4th, i will settle for another 6 months of this if we reach our target of qualifying for the champions league. That is settle Ted not want.

Have you looked at our recent results. If you have; look again. We've had one real decent result in all competitions & it was on the occasion when we DIDN'T play like that. There's absolutely no evidence that says we gain any extra points whatsoever by that kind of football, none. Most of our points come when we function reasonably well as an attacking unit & our failures, cup exits & shock defeats come when we don't & also when Bob fucks about with the team, this season & last.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby the_georgian_genius » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:18 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Have you looked at our recent results. If you have; look again. We've had one real decent result in all competitions & it was on the occasion when we DIDN'T play like that. There's absolutely no evidence that says we gain any extra points whatsoever by that kind of football, none. Most of our points come when we function reasonably well as an attacking unit & our failures, cup exits & shock defeats come when we don't & also when Bob fucks about with the team, this season & last.

Chelsea at home i'd beg to differ. The set up and style was no difference to West Brom or Birmingham, the difference was that we took our chances and West Brom didn't have 10 men behind the ball. In fact we created more chances against Birmingham than we did against West Brom.
the_georgian_genius

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:29 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Have you looked at our recent results. If you have; look again. We've had one real decent result in all competitions & it was on the occasion when we DIDN'T play like that. There's absolutely no evidence that says we gain any extra points whatsoever by that kind of football, none. Most of our points come when we function reasonably well as an attacking unit & our failures, cup exits & shock defeats come when we don't & also when Bob fucks about with the team, this season & last.

Chelsea at home i'd beg to differ. The set up and style was no difference to West Brom or Birmingham, the difference was that we took our chances and West Brom didn't have 10 men behind the ball. In fact we created more chances against Birmingham than we did against West Brom.

If you think there was any similarity between any of those three games in any way, formation, personnel. tactics, we lack common ground for discussion. Also,I didn't see any genuine chances v Birmingham or rags & I saw 5 or 6 at WBA. Also I was referring to the recent run we're on which apart from the WBA game is somewhere close to relegation standard, not the guaranteed top 4 tactics that people are suggesting.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby the_georgian_genius » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:33 am

Ted Hughes wrote:

If you think there was any similarity between any of those three games in any way, formation, personnel. tactics, we lack common ground for discussion. Also,I didn't see any genuine chances v Birmingham or rags & I saw 5 or 6 at WBA. Also I was referring to the recent run we're on which apart from the WBA game is somewhere close to relegation standard, not the guaranteed top 4 tactics that people are suggesting.

Trust me, the set up and style has not changed since Spurs on August 14. It's the chances put away and the opposition teams set up that has made them look different.

Tevez hand ball goal, Milner off the line, Tevez had a couple of shots from outside the box similar to his chelsea goal, de jong with a great effort, johnson should of passed to silva who was in space instead of shooting with his right foot. I've just named 6 chances there. If we had put a couple of them chances away then no one would of been moaning, they certainly weren't at west brom.
the_georgian_genius

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:53 am

Ted Hughes wrote:

Trust me, the set up and style has not changed since Spurs on August 14. It's the chances put away and the opposition teams set up that has made them look different.

Tevez hand ball goal, Milner off the line, Tevez had a couple of shots from outside the box similar to his chelsea goal, de jong with a great effort, johnson should of passed to silva who was in space instead of shooting with his right foot. I've just named 6 chances there. If we had put a couple of them chances away then no one would of been moaning, they certainly weren't at west brom.

Nope sorry, I don't count any of those as genuine chances. Tevez 1st effort in the derby & Evra's run & shot are the only genuine chances I rate for any side in the last 2. The set up & style has changed regularly & has even changed many times in individual games. The biggest change however is in attitude. The lack of impetus from the dreadful rags performance carried on into the Brum game even though the tactics were different. We lost all the momentum from that terrific win at WBA, by being scared of the rags & now we have to do it all again to get it back.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby the_georgian_genius » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:06 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Nope sorry, I don't count any of those as genuine chances. Tevez 1st effort in the derby & Evra's run & shot are the only genuine chances I rate for any side in the last 2. The set up & style has changed regularly & has even changed many times in individual games. The biggest change however is in attitude. The lack of impetus from the dreadful rags performance carried on into the Brum game even though the tactics were different. We lost all the momentum from that terrific win at WBA, by being scared of the rags & now we have to do it all again to get it back.

There is no point in continuing the discussion if you won't take those chances as genuine chances.
the_georgian_genius

Postby hyper » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:38 am

Longball wrote:havent read the threads but mancini and the Arab money can fuck off- its a soccer club not a casino club

Well I have read your posts and you're clearly a Rag WUM.
hyper
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: The Goat

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:58 am

I think what this thread has proved is that money has not ruined the fans, it is quite the opposite. Money has actually allowed those dreams to be turned into a reality that we can actually push for the title. It also proves that people will not accept second best and that they want to see a positive approach.

Well done GG, you've turned your negative into a positive.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Original Dub » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:32 pm

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

You're still accusing us of following City because of the money.

You fucking disrespectful little cunt.
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:07 pm

Original Dub wrote:

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

You're still accusing us of following City because of the money.

You fucking disrespectful little cunt.

I'm a Glory Hunter, and I admit it :(
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby walmai » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:15 pm

It might interest you to know - or you might just tell me to feck orf - but, if this site is a barometer of City fans, if money hasn't 'ruined' you, you've certainly become more bitterly argumentative amongst each other...

...and, dare I say it, more paranoid about the press and other teams' fans.

Separately, I don't think you've got a coach matched to your best players. Just concentrating on forward/attacking play, you should be brushing aside the majority of the Prem.

I can see how frustrating it is capable of being... You are desperate as fans - in a banter-based sport - to achieve to avoid looking daft spunking half a billion on player who only need to be lined up properly to start achieving.

However, the season is but a third gone. You've still got a great chance of silverware.

Money hasn't ruined City, but don't pretend that it can't change you and your club.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby The Man In Blue » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:22 pm

you know what walmai, you are probably my fave poster on here, the sense of perspective you bring to some of the debate is bloody refreshing as is the insight an unbiased view gives.

nice one.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Kladze » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:29 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:you know what walmai, you are probably my fave poster on here, the sense of perspective you bring to some of the debate is bloody refreshing as is the insight an unbiased view gives.

nice one.

I disagree.

It's a bloody disgrace coming on another club's forum and talking sensibly with moderation - not on at all.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum