Money has ruined us

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Money has ruined us

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:18 pm

no two ways about that, best fans in the world? not even close, ashamed to be a blue today and not because of the lads and staff on the pitch.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Re: Money has ruined us

Postby 9secondlegend » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:20 pm

why?
9secondlegend

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:20 pm

You talk absolute nonsense sometimes. What's up, someone been having a go at your Dad?

PS. Speak for yourself, don't bring me into your crap equation!
Last edited by Beefymcfc on Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Kladze » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:22 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:no two ways about that, best fans in the world? not even close, ashamed to be a blue today and not because of the lads and staff on the pitch.

Bollox
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:24 pm

wheres the humour gone?

wheres the SUPPORT gone?

Too many monkeys hanging on our backs + investment which breeds expectations = new breed of city fans that i just don't like.
the_georgian_genius

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:30 pm

I really do give up. Today was obviously all the fans fault and them daring to dream that a quality squad could beat a current bottom 3 side, similar to the Wolves game for that matter. They were also wrong to give dissent after taking our star striker off, and off their heads for daring to believe they could see some decent football.

I'm off to bed, I didn't think the day could get any worse!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby 9secondlegend » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:30 pm

40 odd k there today?
bit harsh to say you were ashamed to be a blue
9secondlegend

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:34 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I really do give up. Today was obviously all the fans fault and them daring to dream that a quality squad could beat a current bottom 3 side, similar to the Wolves game for that matter. They were also wrong to give dissent after taking our star striker off, and off their heads for daring to believe they could see some decent football.

Today was the fault of Mancini and the players, todays performance was not good enough, the entertainment on show was not good enough.

I am not just talking about today, i am talking about recent months, today was the straw that broke the camels back as far as im concerned. The old city support that i enjoyed and my father enjoyed is now resting in piece with Maine Road and all the other icons we have lost over the year.

This new modern football, rich boys, impaitent city fans is one i do not like.
the_georgian_genius

Postby CitizenYank » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:34 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:no two ways about that, best fans in the world? not even close, ashamed to be a blue today and not because of the lads and staff on the pitch.

Your angry at the fans for daring to call out the vary same players on £200k-a-day, who play like shit?? The same lads and staff who posture to have signed to be part of a new winning tradition??

So by the rational, if we'd have been in hock, then it would have been all right?

If I were at the match today, I would have ripped out my chair and thrown it on the field.
Last edited by CitizenYank on Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:36 pm

The fans are the same fans. I doubt we've received too many new fans in the two years since the investment and, proportionately, I imagine we still had the 'same' fans at the ground today.

The fact is we have spent over £350m in recent years and the outcome is not good. I think I'd be less inclined to boo if the players actually showed some effort.

Fans at Utd & Chelsea boo btw, it's acceptable if you're not happy with the level of performance on that day imo.

Though admittedly, in my 10+ years of remembering supporting City, these are my least enjoyable.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:39 pm

CitizenYank wrote:

Your angry at the fans for daring to call out the vary same players on £200k-a-day, who play like shit?? The same lads and staff who posture to have signed to be part of a new winning tradition??

So by the rational, if we'd have been in hock, then it would have been all right?

If I were at the match today, I would have ripped out my chair and thrown it on the field.

there are many ways to vent your frustration, booing, singing the name of a player pushed out of the club by the current manager and singing songs about mancini that weren't nice is not the right way to vent your frustration.

got a text of a scouse supporting mate today that said it all "i thought you lot were singing non stop about mancini last week as a show of solidarity and only a week later you are singing you don't know what your doing? typical city fans, does not suprise me one bit"

my reply "it doesn't suprise me either, allthough you are the same"

his reply "true, at least you didn't get beat by stoke"

me "we'll see in two weeks, fancy going to craigs for the haye fight?"

him "yeah, pick you up at 8?"

me "sound"
the_georgian_genius

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:41 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:The fans are the same fans. I doubt we've received too many new fans in the two years since the investment and, proportionately, I imagine we still had the 'same' fans at the ground today.

The fact is we have spent over £350m in recent years and the outcome is not good. I think I'd be less inclined to boo if the players actually showed some effort.

Fans at Utd & Chelsea boo btw, it's acceptable if you're not happy with the level of performance on that day imo.

Though admittedly, in my 10+ years of remembering supporting City, these are my least enjoyable.

two points mate, i hate eveything about united and chelsea fans, i dreaded when we were taken over that we would turn into them, i thought we would be different, i was wrong, it's only took 2 years!

also the effort from the players was there, 24 shots we had on goal, the effort was there, the quality wasn't
the_georgian_genius

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:50 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:I really do give up. Today was obviously all the fans fault and them daring to dream that a quality squad could beat a current bottom 3 side, similar to the Wolves game for that matter. They were also wrong to give dissent after taking our star striker off, and off their heads for daring to believe they could see some decent football.

Today was the fault of Mancini and the players, todays performance was not good enough, the entertainment on show was not good enough.

I am not just talking about today, i am talking about recent months, today was the straw that broke the camels back as far as im concerned. The old city support that i enjoyed and my father enjoyed is now resting in piece with Maine Road and all the other icons we have lost over the year.

These are the same fans who've followed this club up and down the leagues, paying good money to support the club. I don't know if you were there today, or even Wednesday, but the game just drained away any enthusiasm that was left in the usually happy go lucky fans (at one point I could actually hear the players talking to each other on the pitch). This wasn't just made up of today's game, but of a number of mind-numbing encounters over a long period, today was just the tipping point. So, don't go getting all 'oh so hurt' because a few decided they'd had enough, they've actually earned their right to do so.

Money isn't everything to some, but to see a decent performance is.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:55 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

These are the same fans who've followed this club up and down the leagues, paying good money to support the club. I don't know if you were there today, or even Wednesday, but the game just drained away any enthusiasm that was left in the usually happy go lucky fans (at one point I could actually hear the players talking to each other on the pitch). This wasn't just made up of today's game, but of a number of mind-numbing encounters over a long period, today was just the tipping point. So, don't go getting all 'oh so hurt' because a few decided they'd had enough, they've actually earned their right to do so.

had enough? see this is EXCATLY what i am talking about. You sound like we are on the verge of relegation and given up all hope of surviving. We are 4th in the league, 3 points clear of 5th and half way through november with a manager and a squad that has yet to reach it's first anniversary and you have had enough?????

Thanks for proving it mate even though intentionally you didn't mean to, city fans have changed even if they don't know it, every fan of opposistion clubs have noticed it and city fans themseleves are starting to notice it and this is not an attack on city because its city, it would happen to any club with this huge amount of investement, i just thought we would be different, silly me.
the_georgian_genius

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:58 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:The fans are the same fans. I doubt we've received too many new fans in the two years since the investment and, proportionately, I imagine we still had the 'same' fans at the ground today.

two points mate, i hate eveything about united and chelsea fans, i dreaded when we were taken over that we would turn into them, i thought we would be different, i was wrong, it's only took 2 years!

also the effort from the players was there, 24 shots we had on goal, the effort was there, the quality wasn't

ffs. WE DID NOT HAVE 24 SHOTS ON GOAL. A SHOT OFF TARGET IS NOT A SHOT ON GOAL. Also don't see "24 shots on goal" as a good, positive attacking thing. To me it just screams lazy predicable fucking shots.

Some fans may have turned into United fans. Who cares? Support the club how you want. But you pay £40 for entertainment and you're not happy with it you have every right to show your disapproval.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:01 am

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:

ffs. WE DID NOT HAVE 24 SHOTS ON GOAL. A SHOT OFF TARGET IS NOT A SHOT ON GOAL. Also don't see "24 shots on goal" as a good, positive attacking thing. To me it just screams lazy predicable fucking shots.

Some fans may have turned into United fans. Who cares? Support the club how you want. But you pay £40 for entertainment and you're not happy with it you have every right to show your disapproval.

wrong mate wrong, i hate that saying "i pay my money i am entitled to say what i want"

also 24 shots, 24 attempts, whatever, the fact is the effort was there.
the_georgian_genius

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:09 am

wrong mate wrong, i hate that saying "i pay my money i am entitled to say what i want"

Why are people not entitled to have their say?

24 'attempts' does not show effort. It just proves that there was no effort in ANY of the attempts!
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:10 am

Beefymcfc wrote:

had enough? see this is EXCATLY what i am talking about. You sound like we are on the verge of relegation and given up all hope of surviving. We are 4th in the league, 3 points clear of 5th and half way through november with a manager and a squad that has yet to reach it's first anniversary and you have had enough?????

Thanks for proving it mate even though intentionally you didn't mean to, city fans have changed even if they don't know it, every fan of opposistion clubs have noticed it and city fans themseleves are starting to notice it and this is not an attack on city because its city, it would happen to any club with this huge amount of investement, i just thought we would be different, silly me.

WTF! You try and turn it around and somehow make me out to be some fucking new glory hunting twat who has no concept of the realities of football. Go and stick your 4th place shite back up Mancini's arse, cos I reckon even I could get that squad into the top 4.

Lucky that I understand that Mancini is your idol and you are on another deflection exercise, otherwise I'd have to take you seriously, and that, I'm afraid, would be just folly! I could imagine your face when he was getting some stick, bottom lip quivering like a child who's just had toys took off him.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:14 am

Why are people not entitled to have their say?

24 'attempts' does not show effort. It just proves that there was no effort in ANY of the attempts!

they are, but on here, in the pubs, next to their mate, i'm a firm beleiver that what we saw today should not happen, it shouldn't happen in the ground, it gets no one anywhere, it looks bad on the fans and the players. I'd like to think that people pay £40 to go and support the team, not to slag them off and create a negative vibe around the ground from minute 1.
the_georgian_genius

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:16 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

WTF! You try and turn it around and somehow make me out to be some fucking new glory hunting twat who has no concept of the realities of football. Go and stick your 4th place shite back up Mancini's arse, cos I reckon even I could get that squad into the top 4.

Lucky that I understand that Mancini is your idol and you are on another deflection exercise, otherwise I'd have to take you seriously, and that, I'm afraid, would be just folly! I could imagine your face when he was getting some stick, bottom lip quivering like a child who's just had toys took off him.

I've not made you out to be anything other than what city fans have become, im not the only one to notice it. Truth hurts mate.

p.s mancini isn't my idol, he needs to shake a leg and get us performing better than we have been as it is not good enough so that comment void.
the_georgian_genius

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum